White Rock Monday 30th

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by RipperFox, Mar 29, 2009.

1. RipperFox

RipperFox ExplosiveOrdnanceDisposal

Oddometer:
    So is the ride still on? Doc?

Is Fanes creek going to be a big sloppy mess? I am kinda counting on you old vets of the area to be my guides. If this ride is going to be a true expert only thing, I must just pass. But if it is just "go slower and can make it" thing, I can do that. I just wanna ride and have some fun before I go back to that "life draining" job. A good sore ass gives me 2-3 worth of memories to get me through the week. (:eek1do not pervert that you sick turds:lol3)

I think we got a lot more precip over here in OK than you Arkie boys. True?
  2. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    as far as the snow goes, you okie guys got hammered..we have a dusting here and bet by this afternoon, it'll be gone..as for a Fanes creek ride, dunno..will bet it's a sloppy mess right now and when we do it, it will be a nice easy slow ride, my racing days are over! besides, as much as I like to ride, why would I want to hurry it up and be over with? Slow is how i go...so you commin over here tomorrow?? Do we need to wait for you? or we gonna meet you out at Mill Creek or there abts?
  3. RipperFox

RipperFox ExplosiveOrdnanceDisposal

Oddometer:
  4. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I will be on the katie-M..with the BRIGHT GREEN riding jacket, you know, like this one! Also I will be at the Drs office across the street from the station. I can meet you at the station so go inside and suck a soda if I aint there yet.
    [​IMG]
  5. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Inmate 10cup (mike) will be at the station too..he'll be on a blue yamer WR
  6. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    Theres some serious wind out there today, I hope you guys dont get blown away!
  7. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm...7 pm and no word from these guys. I hope Lewall didnt revert back to his hillbilly ways and make them squeal like pigs...again. :viking
  8. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Kinda worries me that he has done it before?
  9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Well here it is almost 8pm and I am just now able to log in..I just put the pix on the ole pooter and will up load them after I watch 24 (hopelessly addicted)...Mike (10cup) split off at Huntsville (hwy 23) to head home and that was after 6pm..Rob (ripperfox) rode with me here to my house and after I showed him around, he took off to Elkins to where he parked his truck and unloaded his bike..he thinks he wont be home before 10pm..anyway, I will upload pix here after 9pm..was a LONG and fun day..I think I had close to 175 miles..stay tuned!
  10. 10Cup

10Cup Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got up and rode about 30 miles down to meet Dock and Ripperfox in Fayetteville and we headed out for a day of fun and fun it was. Wind was a little high but not in the hills where we promptly headed and got off the highway. Doc had some great roads for us to sample and I'm sure he'll have a bunch more pic's too. But it was a blast to meet both these gentlemen. To top it off we meet "middleagemissle" who is organizing the SLAP ride in May and his wife Barbara and had the added enjoyment of meeting them later in the day for a fine meal at the Oark Cafe.

Here are a few of the pic's I had.

White rock camping/lodge area. Ripperfox myself and Doc at our first stop of the morning.
    [​IMG]
    Doc setting up a meet with "middleagemissle"

[​IMG]

Our trusty Steeds waiting patiently for us to get on down the road.....and that we did.
    [​IMG]

Found this beautiful little waterfall down the road a ways..
    [​IMG]

Doc getting some of the great shots you will see in his post soon.

[​IMG]

hard to see it but there is a nice little cave up near the top here.
    [​IMG]

In all we were out on the trail about 10 hours today and man it went fast. Could not believe when I looked at my watch and it was after 6pm...had to book it home as I still have over an hour ride back to the ranch. Made it home and now I'm going to watch 24 too. Love that show too Doc.

Thanks for the invite today it was a great time. Hope to hook up with you and Ripperfox again some time. Good people and mucho fun!!

10Cup
  11. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Glad you guys made it back safe and sound. Looks like a great time. I dont even know what this show "24" is, you guys need to slowly lay down the remote and walk away. :D
  12. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Well at abt 9am this morning, Rob (Ripperfox) and Mike (10cup) met me in Fayetteville for our trek to White Rock to meet up with Chris (Middleagedmissle) to discuss some SLAP details.

Ripperfox had trailered his XRL650 over from Oklahoma and so he needed a place to unload the bike. I suggested he follow us down to Combs and park and unload there. We were headed down hwy 16 and I began to think abt how I really did not want to ride hwy 16 all the way down to Combs. So why not unload in Elkins and take the dirt roads from there? Marvelous idea I thought!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yesterday, Ripperfox added this MONSTER Teraflex
    [​IMG]

10cups WR250 and Doc's Katie-M

[​IMG]

10cup, helmet and all!

[​IMG]
  13. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Ripperfox puttin on his mirrors..I guess he wants to see where he's been..:D

[​IMG]

Motley Crew or Three Stooges :huh
    [​IMG]

more like the 3 stooges..I thought the camera went off but it didnt..it went off as I was walking back to check it..DOH! :eek1

[​IMG]
  14. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    I am soooooo, freakin jealous. Did Chris give you any ideas about where he is proposing the on the road trips Doc?
  15. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Our first photo op was at the Pinnicle Church and cemetery
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From there, we head out to White Rock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped here for some cookies but no one was home
    [​IMG]

Saw this old historical building on the way to White Rock..kinda neat!
    [​IMG]
  16. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I appologize for the dark pictures..I guess my camera is wiggin out..I hoep y'all can see them ok
  17. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Thank Jay! (Ozarkrider,his picture)

[​IMG]
  18. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Ok, we make it up to White Rock..a couple of pix of the surroundings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    So I get a call from Chris (middleagedmissle) that he is just outside of Ft Smith and on his way in from TX

[​IMG]

Abt an hour later, he shows up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And his lovely wife, Barbara
    [​IMG]

The Motley Crew
    [​IMG]
  20. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    So we visit a bit and decide it's time for us the head out and ,eet up again at Oark. Chris and Barbara take the quickest way and we take the dirt way..east on White Rock Mtn Rd to Ragtown to 4 corners then east on Fly Gap Road..which was ROUGH enough on a bike, can't imagine anyone driving it in a truck or car! Sorry, no pix, too busy hanging on with BOTH HANDS!

We cross hwy 23 and head east to Morgan Mtn rd..here we are starvin and think it's best to hit the pavement (hwy 215) and make a bee line (haul ass) to Oark. We get there and Chris and Barbara are already there. The had gotten a table and menus for all of us..they knew we was commin! :clap

Everyone ordered..I guess they were out of salid bowels as Ripprs salid and Barbara salid came in LITTLE dessert dishes..note the dime in the picture! actual size!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ripper piled on the dressing!

[​IMG]

I got me the Texas Burger..grilled onions and BBQ sauce..it was pretty tasty! I did get the buttermilk pie but sucked it down before anyone could get a pic of it..besides, y'all have seen a pic of that pie before anyway

[​IMG]