Who else lives with the Black Dog?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FatBoyCrash, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Dirt survivor

Dirt survivor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    God bless everyone on hear for sharing, between the bike and you guys sharing it really help keep the dog away.
    Canary, a2zworks, Sfcootz and 2 others like this.
  2. Sfcootz

Sfcootz McRibbed for her pleasure Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I suspect you'll vacillate on this feeling for a while. Be patient with yourself. Once you're feeling better I'm only a 15 hour flight away if you want to visit. :deal

Otherwise I'll visit you and the whitty kitty (and @UncleGra ) next year. @fayeslane I guess you can come too. :lol3
    a2zworks likes this.
  3. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    I'll check my diary :wink:
    Sfcootz likes this.
  4. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unc dropped round today to lend me some docos etc to while away the hours and we both discussed when you were heading back Cootz.
    A good man is Unc.

Got some dates? I’d love to show you around Tas, I’m planning a trip with my youngest daughter on the back, she’s having a battle with the dog and with obnoxious little turds at school and needs a break as much as I do. She’s 13 and 6ft tall so has a target painted on her back, plus she’s not real sure about her sexuality which is not a problem in today’s society but it still is in today’s schools. Tell you what you girls can be real nasty when young and in packs.
    Kiwirich, Sfcootz and a2zworks like this.
  5. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    Kids can be very cruel.
    My kids go to Taroona High, that school is so inclusive of everyone, some kids formed a gay and lesbian club so everyone is very accepting, couples of every sexual orientation walk around the school hand in hand, hugging, kissing and no one bats an eyelid it's just the norm, so good to see.
    I remember when I was at school in Sydney there were two boys that seemed gay, they always seemed to be always be running being chased by bullies.
    Tasmania has gone from the most conservative, homophobic state to probably the most open and accepting in Australia.
    Might be good timing for a move back Paul, my kids Ewan is 14 and Naoise (Nisha, Irish name) is 15 and they love the friendly safe environment the school offers.
    One of Naoise's good friends Annita is 6'3" and only 15 years old and towers over all of us.
    Let me know when you come down and we'll catch up, I'll be up your way around the end of the month if you need anything.
    Paul124ac likes this.
  6. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Been looking around Corryong - some interesting country there too - not quite as cold as Yass and seems a bit more moisture - Orbost / Cann River is another area of interest,
    Swifts Creek / Ensay / Bruthen / Dargo also curious about - want to get away from -10c winter temps with my Arthritis
    Should have this place on the market end of October - barring any other problems - just pushing hard to finish bits and pieces on the house
    Off for counselling session today - been fortnight with no herb - lots of strange dreaming happening and disturbed sleep patterns - using more codeine / panamax as well
    Cheers
    Baza
  7. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    You bet girls can be cruel, that's why most of my friends are blokes. :-) Although I have seen some pretty bitchy blokes too. :nod

Sadly like most work places, schools talk it up about no tolerance of bullies, acceptance of all, no discrimination, blah, blah blah, but few rarely back up their words with actions. Look after your girl as words can be so cruel. :(
  8. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
    I adore UNC. :raabia

He's a sweetheart and I enjoyed my time with him. I can't wait to see him next year.

Kids are awful to each other. So awful. Puberty is hard enough. Add in the confusion of being different because of your sexuality and that's some difficult stuff for a young woman to process. Send me your address. I have a book that might help her. ( I'll send you the title to approve before I go mailing it off for her).
    Paul124ac, a2zworks and Canary like this.
  9. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    We go down to Ensay winery a bit for their feasts, they have one a month during autumn/winter, we always stay at the Little River inn. There are some great people in and around Ensay, like any small community the CFA, the footy club and the pub are the heartbeat. Bit of a drive to re-supply, Bruthen would be warmer but busy. Good healthcare at Bairnsdale.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  10. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Been checking out climate via B.O.M. Climatology records - they don't cover some areas I'd like to look at, ie. Thowgla Valley near Corryong - you get Corryong's records which is the nearest weather station.
    Orbost has the most Mediterranean climate in that North-east section, and no - I don't want to live on the coast or Queensland,
    within 4 - 6hrs of Canberra - grandkids and other family but in the mountains with plenty of water !
    Anyway, we can dream !
    Counselling session was great, think the organisation there wants another mental health worker - using own experience as a peer worker - have all the quals and certainly the life experience !
    Dunno whether I could handle that at the moment, off for an interview with a Psychiatrist in a fortnight - still want to do damage to those who caused my issues - I KNOW ? BAD KARMA !!!!
    Cheers
    Baza
    Kiwirich likes this.
  11. OzRider64

OzRider64 Friggen slow Adventurer.

Oddometer:
    Just live around the corner from Taroona High School.
    And your right, I have heard many a good report from people that work there.:thumb
    a2zworks likes this.
  12. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kevin67 and LivingdeadCamo like this.
  13. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    I watched this video and it made me sad and cry, not sure if that is the right emotion. :(
  14. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly the point it's making.
    It shows how the dog lives for now, chasing a ball and having fun and the human counts down, missing this very moment until the end comes. Enjoy now :-).
    You were watching the human and not the dog....a human mistake:lol3.
    Watch it again:thumb.
    Ron50 likes this.
  15. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought that is what it meant, but can't watch as don't want the dog to die either. :waysad

Sorry, sooky with stuff like that. Can't watch sad movies and will cry sometimes if people tell me sad stories about people that I dont even know :cry

I like the mind full or mindfull illustration better of the man standing with the dog looking at the trees, and the mans thought bubble is lots of stuff and the dogs thought bubble is only the trees. :-)
    fayeslane and Andrew2 like this.
  16. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fair enough, we're all different:-). Yeah the bubble one is a goodun'.
  17. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, we certainly are. That's what makes the world interesting :-)
    Andrew2 likes this.
  18. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    ABC Compass, sorry I can’t seem to copy and paste a link direct to the episode, worth looking it up.
    [​IMG]
    ABC COMPASS
    The Common Thread

Series 33 | Episode 22

Driven by a desire to understand the loss of his friend to suicide, filmmaker Darius Devas travels around Australia exploring positive personal stories of young Australians suffering from mental illness in regional areas.
  19. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
    Here in anti-antipodean land winter is coming our way. I just ordered mama a lamp to help fight winter blues. Has anyone here tried using one of these?

I also told her to turn off the television and all its bad news.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  20. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What sort of lamp?.