Who else lives with the Black Dog?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FatBoyCrash, Jun 24, 2009.

1. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Lava Lamp ? good replacement for the tv !!!
    Had a great day - legs worked fine, back was good - got big mobs of work done on the house
    want it on the market by end of October - new adventures are calling us !!!
    Cheers
    Baza
    jjjjjjay, Bounty1, Sfcootz and 4 others like this.
  2. Sfcootz

Sfcootz McRibbed for her pleasure Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    D'oh!
    It's a full spectrum lamp meant to simulate the sun's rays and ward off the blues caused by seasonal affective disorder.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  3. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Baz,
    Stopped a place on the cann river down a side road from the main affair.
    Missus long time friends have it, he's self employed shes at the hospital.
    Talk about absolute garden of Eden, just beautiful...never seen veggies so huge
  4. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Think the dog has the right idea,...
    hunter_greyghost and Andrew2 like this.
  5. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Be interested in more information about it - in High Support Disabilities, we used to call this the mid-winter blues

Cheers
    Baza
  6. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
    @hunter_greyghost I bought it off eBay. It's supposed to be a full spectrum light source and you sit near it upon waking or while working for the light exposure. I'll see how mom likes it and report back.
  7. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Looked at these lights - basically a grow light
    depending on what the wattage is as to the result gained - monitor your mum's usage to make sure she doesn't have skin damage from it ?
    we've had an Ultraviolet Sauna for years - great for the aches and pains - especially during winter
    Bev is a Integrated Natural Remedial Therapist and highly recommends the use of saunas !
    Cheers
    Baza
  8. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update on the Mitta Mitta black dog

Looks like he's finished with his parenting duties and back to pissing on car wheels. His face is back to normal and he's very happy to retrieve sticks.
    Mitta black dog (2).JPG
    black dog 2.JPG
    hunter_greyghost and Kiwirich like this.
  9. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Sfcootz, pratered, Dean Ohlin and 2 others like this.
  10. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Sfcootz, Canary, Kevin67 and 4 others like this.
  11. Portly

Portly Plodder

Oddometer:
    I am currently out of my home due to fires near Port Macquarie turned and whipped up by the Southerly change.
    Latest from firies here at McDonald’s is now under control again and no homes lost.
    The question you ask yourself is what matters most to take with you.
    For me it was my touring pushie and irreplaceable Mac Pac panniers as pushie riding and touring has been the best thing for my mental health.
    Anyway all should be ok as now the fires have done a full circle around us and are heading back where they started.
    One corner of our property got a bit scorched yesterday morning but only a bit of scrub
  12. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Further update on Mitta Mitta black dog, Sock:

I was misinformed about him getting the seed out of his cheek: his owner assisted with a pen knife and some metho according to what he said today.

Also, Sock survived a brown snake bite. The snake had been living under his kennel!
    Suncoaster likes this.
  13. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Not handling the last few days - Dads in Canberra Hospital with some dust related issue - having his 92nd in a dementia ward is not good !
    Biggest issue is communication - bloody hell - they are either flat 24/7 & understaffed or there's some real problems going on ?
    We can't go to see him çause we both some lurgy ! Hasn't helped my cause and attitude is way down
    Anyway - question for the drug aficionados - Amitriptyline ? any views ?
    Cheers
    Baza
  14. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry Baza to hear of your Dad's condition and hospital stay, not good. :(:

Hope that your lurgy improves so that you can at least go in to visit him. :-)
    Sfcootz and hunter_greyghost like this.
  15. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Hopefully be home by end of week, had some bloke ring me wanting to know how Mum & Dad are going living at home still at their age FFS
    They are independent country people - do everything for themselves still - no problems - don't need some social worker deciding for them !
    Cheers
    Baza
    Kiwirich likes this.
  16. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Well, first morning after taking Amitriptyline - feel like shit warmed up
    Yeh - I know it takes awhile to work - well it's working already and I hope it gets better, because this feeling is shit
    Lethargic - dry mouth - haven't any contact that will cause emotional stress [ie. Dad in hospital] so dunno about that yet
    All those in firezones - stay safe
    Cheers
    Baza
    Paul124ac likes this.
  17. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    A close family friends young bloke started on Endep about 6 months ago Baz, the change was slow but substantial. To say that he was withdrawn is a massive understatement, many many chats with his dad about what happened and what could he do to fix it (we’re both tradies, everything can be fixed). He’s a good kid but just would not engage with anybody, his only interactions was online gaming and a few grunts when he came out to get food. Now? I’ve had full conversations with him (he’s 18), he’s working full time (school just wasn’t his thing), a complete change. Still gaming but both him and his dad have come to accept and not feel guilty about that.

Don’t feel bad about taking meds, I had a few chats with the pain doctor in hospital and he explained very succinctly about how it’s all part of the whole treatment regime, up till then I’d been holding off on the PCA (patient controlled analgesia) with the only result being I was in more pain than I needed to be. Took a good month tho I reckon to stop feeling drug sick from the endone but I will say that it was nothing compared to giving up the smokes years ago.

I hope your dad is on the mend. Don’t be too hard on the social workers, when my dad was crook and it was heading in the wrong direction I got pulled to one side by a social worker and had it explained in language I could understand what being pig headed was doing to both him and me. We took him home for a day with an OT and it was pretty obvious that remaining in his own home was not possible.
    Canary likes this.
  18. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    All good Paul, have been controlling most issues with natural methods / CBT - thought I'd try a different approach
    Have had adverse reactions to various meds tried in the past so I know finding the right meds is going to be hard,
    I fall into 3% of population who has these weird reactions - this came from a chemist who is quite in favour of natural treatments,
    but having worked in Disabilities, I have seen over-use of drugs with bad effects and anyone who knows it can become a permanent problem.
    Social Workers like a lot other health professionals are under-paid & overworked, I'm actually qualified but have never worked in that field as such !
    My comment was because city workers don't comprehend country values and lifestyle
    Cheers
    Baza
  19. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
    The naked bloke playing the organ was amazing.

Glad to hear you made it through in okay condition.
  20. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saw this unveiled yesterday.

image.jpg
    image.jpg