Who else lives with the Black Dog?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FatBoyCrash, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Sfcootz

Sfcootz Necessary evil Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :wave

I do lurk. :-) Been busy with work and my side job lately so I'm a little out of touch.

I'm always just a PM away if one of you wants to chat. I think the lockdowns can be awful hard on some folks, others may be perfectly happy to be left alone.
  2. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Learning to use left hand in anticipation of CT surgery - right hand, on 6th Aug - good thing I'm partially ambidextrous !
    Moving house - another story - gotta spend time looking at where we will be moving to and what scenario will be,
    Young - Temora = could be a possibility
    looking like we will build again unless we can find what we really want - and let me tell you :-} it's slim pickens out there at present !
    We're lot better off than what we saw down the South Coast - my heart goes out to those who lost everything in the fires
    Stay Safe people
    Cheers
    Baza
  3. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    May help someone

wombbatt likes this.
  4. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Baz,
    If your in Koorwartha, Ol friend of ours. moved there from Cooma and built his own place a few years back in his eighties, ex Vietnam and still charging on...
    Oh yeah, house blocks cheap as there...
  5. Portly

Portly Plodder

Oddometer:
    Baza
    I thought you were looking for a change of climate.
    Young and Temora would be much the same as Yass wouldn't they
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  6. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Not as cold - don't get the severe cold wind off snow like we do here
    Cheers
    Baza
  7. Bounty1

Bounty1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Take care Bazz
    JohnG., hunter_greyghost and Kiwirich like this.
  8. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Heading a little further west - not far - maybe Temora
    Bit like a yarn I heard ;
    Some locals were having a session somewhere; subject of overseas travel came up, and of course away we go,
    Anyway I chucked my 'been to Tassy' routine in the pot, got a laugh, next minute 'Buster' pipes up with 'I've been overseas',
    well you hear a pin drop, anyone who knew Buster would find it rather unlikely, great fisherman is Buster, travels long distances to drown worms etc,
    "Crossed the Darling River once" was the next statement - really did stun us - left us speachless - gotta go for a ride - after I heal from wrist op [C/T] next week
    Cheers
    Baza
    JohnG., Bounty1 and a2zworks like this.
  9. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just checking in to see how everyone is travelling. :ear

Tough in Victoria at the moment. :nod

Working in health is far from joyful at the moment. Staff are frightened, anxious and wondering how and when this is all going to end. Thankfully I am not a nurse or clinician but still working onsite to keep our wards and staff fully supplied with PPE at the moment though normally work in admin. Covid patients in our wards and sadly some of our staff also effected. Can't help but be concerned.

Been making masks at home to keep myself busy. Now need to find some Suzuki fabric. :D

Stay safe and stay home
    Solera, Bounty1, Cruz and 8 others like this.
  10. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Not in firing line anymore [Disabilities sector] but very frustrated with trying find new digs - either too small, in wrong spot, or just plain overpriced shit
    Looking like buying land and build again - starting on plans today - just gotta find land - got feelers out
    Making matters worse is wet weather and only one wing !
    [​IMG]
    Had Carpal Tunnel done Thursday on right wrist - working OK with minimal pain and not into tablets if I can wear it
    [​IMG]
    Stay Safe People
    Cheers
    Baza
    a2zworks and Kiwirich like this.
  11. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well done @hunter_greyghost
    You could start another thread to get assistance on the features you new build should have.
    It'll be interesting if nothing else ...
    Stay safe and heal well.

Kiwirich
    a2zworks likes this.
  12. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gday Baza.
    funny how we all roll. Im never building again. Its driven me nuts with council and CC conditions etc. And every moment not at work is spent working on my place.
    I take my hat off to anyone who uses the words build and again in the same line.
    And yes we are mostly much better off than perhaps we could have been anytime these last 12 months.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  13. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    G'day old mate, Army taught me to never volunteer but there only so much crap a bloke can handle,
    rather deal with engineers and builders - they employ a thing called commonsense - something that a lot of Real Estate agents don't know about ,
    there's only so much air being blown up a blokes arse that I can handle !
    Anyway all good - we'll sort it out and get what we want - not what someone thinks we want !
    Cheers
    Baza
    Kiwirich, gateman and a2zworks like this.
  14. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes Baza. Those agents are one thing. Bank valuers after the deal are just a different animal. Awful pricks. The dashers of hopes and so wishy washy.

I know its as a result of one failure after another at the hands of these prick that drove me to just get a plot to store my stuff in a container and work it out after that. Desperate action.
    And then it turned to building on that plot and as they say thats about when the fight started.

But as much as this drawn out building shit has been. I own all of it as it stands. I own the land and the fences and the trees and the slab and the building. House totally closed to the weather but only half framed out inside.
    I have power and two large water tanks. Septic done too.
    I own not a sodding drop to the fucking bank machine.
    Im almost broke again but thats just how it is.
    Ive been broke before but never bankrupt.

The wife and I had nothing at all 5 years ago. Not even a job. We spent some time living in a borrowed house for a 7 months I landed a job and punched my way back.
    Fuck I even got a new second hand s10 and a new ute last year. My first new vehicle ever.
    Now Im building a house out of my own cash.

So why then am I so fucking cranky?

Human nature?

No I've missed my target and doing my best to get a consolation prise that's all.
    You could count the days Ive not worked in 5 years on one hand.
    Im just rooted and tired and having some trouble seeing the value in what Ive achieved in this time.
    My bikes been out for one lunch run. 140km round trip since September last.
    I cant just sit down and read a book for more than a few minutes without my mind hitting the build or greiving the sound of the road.

And my pottery work has almost left me. My creative ability has stopped.

So has this rant. Sorry.
    richo360, Cruz, Kiwirich and 3 others like this.
  15. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:

That is a great place Baza
  16. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:

Sounds like a slog mate - can relate - sick of being unable to enjoy life,
    main reason for selling is to get outta debt and this wouldn't have been the case if I hadn't been burnt out by work issues,
    second reason is to leave this shit town and the arseholes that caused my issues - can't help wanting to do some damage when I see certain pricks, and they aren't worth doing time for !
    So down the road we go - dunno where but at least outta debt - and that's big plus
    Anyway old mate - sounds like things are heading in the right direction and that's the main thing
    As for venting on here - no need to feel bad about that - use it as therapy - I do !
    Cheers
    Baza
    Kiwirich and gateman like this.
  17. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gday Baza.
    I fully understand that desire to be away from debt.
    A mate a builder keeps saying to me "money is never going to be so cheap. Just borrow some"
    Hes really only saying that so he can finish my job but I would still have the debt and he would be off enjoying his weekend.

You have a great place there mate and I expect the decision to sell was not an easy one but be brave mate and stay focused on the target.

The scumbags are as you say not worth doing time for.

A trick I really had to belt myself into learning was Ignore the shitheads and their influence is neutralised.

Put simple. Ignore the problem...you don't have a problem.

Works about 70% of the time so you only have about 30% that really needs attention.

That 30% is the important stuff. Now you have shed 70% of the dross then about 70% of that 30% will be resolved much faster with less angst.

Now that remainder is ready for good quality attention to detail to get back in a good place.

Mate Im looking forward to seeing your photos of the new direction.
    Cheers
    Kiwirich and hunter_greyghost like this.
  18. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Good day today - buying a place at Cowra
    Plenty of sheds and workshop already set-up
    on 5 acres with a blank slate for landscaping
    Getting the packing and moving happening
    May even get some riding in after this - clean bill of health on C/T Op last week - I hate hospital waiting rooms - sick and injured people
    Cheers
    Baza
    richo360, Bounty1, Paul124ac and 8 others like this.
  19. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Great newz Bazza on both counts.

Pictures of the new Bazza estate please :D
  20. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Encapsulated in a few words as:

The problem is thinking you have a problem.