Who else lives with the Black Dog?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FatBoyCrash, Jun 24, 2009.

1. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Good onya with the 'She Shed'
    Slowly getting settled in to the new place - AND starting to find tools / nuts&bolts / etc
    [​IMG]
    Starting get repairs done / modifications done to sheds / designing and planting orchards / retaining walls - and the list goes on
    [​IMG]
    Biggest bug-to-bare is not being OFF-Grid, but we're working on that issue and hope to be there again next year
    [​IMG]
    Bad internet here too - signing off - photos later - storm passed - internet back on !
    Cheers
    Baza
    gateman, Slowpup, JohnG. and 8 others like this.
  2. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hoping everyone is in a good/better place for the festive season, what a year! Fark!
    Anywho, its really emphasised the importance of family for us as well as lifestyle, we keep pushing forward and hope we can also get back to some rallies as well.
    Merry Christmas all and may 2021 better :beer
    gateman, Bounty1, Flodder and 6 others like this.
  3. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well said @JohnG.
    Merry Christmas to all.

Kiwirich
    Bounty1, JohnG., a2zworks and 2 others like this.
  4. Slowpup

Slowpup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a tough one for many here on the Northern Beaches this Christmas. Not yet a patch on what Victorians went through earlier this year though, just very raw and on top of the usual Christmas pressures.

We're blessed to be in the south zone, and permitted to have elderly family visit from out of area.
    The strangest feeling though, with friends in the northern lockdown area, and not permitted to visit them, though the powers in charge have left the bridges open and unpatrolled, so our feeling of relative safety/control of the situation is dashed. There's so much chatter on social to make you feel that the open soft border won't be respected and then we're putting our family who come to visit at risk.

I know the answer is to stay off social, but it's the best source for communication from NSW health. An additional challenge is having a newly minted adult (my partner's son) in the house, who has his girlfriend in the lockdown zone, and not being heard when attempting to explain my fears for my folks if he visits her.

I've so far emptied my basket of resources in how to convince him... and manage the situation.
    JohnG. likes this.
  5. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    @slow pup

Yes some people aren't really getting the potential seriousness of this thing, but I think its fairly well been kept under control
    Stay home and outside when certain person is visiting or maybe be hard to find at a park or bushland if you lucky enough to be allowed.
    People like this are what Covid loves, look at the US at the moment. Just insane.
    We are travelling back from the mid north coast of NSW to South of Canberra today, a fuel stop off the main track at Goulburn only...back way around Canberra.
    Hope your day improves
    Slowpup and Kiwirich like this.
  6. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @Slowpup
    My Grandfather told me the secret ...
    When the blood has gone down there, it's not up there .....
    I was eleven and it took me another 20 years to figure out what he meant.

If your partner's son won't listen, maybe you can tell him not to come back whilst your parents are visiting .
    It's a difficult situation.

Hope you get some solution without too many tears

Kiwirich
    Slowpup likes this.
  7. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    An old family friend told me when I was around 13 that a vagina has more pull than a team of bullocks. So true
  8. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anywho, Christmas was done and dusted up on the mid north Coast,mainly for oldest step daughter with stage 4 cancer.
    We were hoping all her 'kids' could make it (first time in 15 yrs) but oldest stepson and partner had to bolt back to vic before the border closed while his brother and girl were caught up in a testing result delay in Sydney so just bailed out for safety sake. Video calls helped but just not really the same...fuck Covid
  9. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    This will be a project for us all to watch Baza. Sheds and stuff and the house too.
    a2zworks likes this.
  10. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its not at all easy or care free for lots of others too so maybe there is some strength to be gained from the knowledge that others are feeling the pinch too. Not at all easy I know.
    My employment got quiet a couple moths back and I asked for time off as the SA border was open so it was the first time in 14 months I stood a chance of visiting my 93 and 86 year old parents in Robe SA.
    224 hours leave owing and im still not down there.
    Shit happens to good people. All we can do is stand up wipe the muck out of our eyes and take a risk on that next step. That's what we do.
    Well done crew.
  11. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are going to a friends memorial today, Colin Burns perished around 7.00am 31/12/19 after an all night effort fighting two fires that met over his property at Belowra east of Cooma NSW.
    What a year its been since then...
    Stay safe people.
  12. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20201231_141929.jpg

More pub beers later, while another gathering was held at Sydney. Amazing what one discovers about people when they're gone...

Happy New year
    We move on...

Attached Files:

14. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The marker on Col's last corner was eloquent in its simplicity too, John.
    col marker.JPG
    But I was surprised that nearly a year later his ute and trailer hadn't been removed.
    JohnG., gateman and hunter_greyghost like this.
  15. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    G'day people, hope everyone is travelin' OK, just a few photos of what I've been up to
    [​IMG]
    Tankstand finished for the 22,500lt coming on 14th

[​IMG]
    Second bathroom in place - shower maybe optional

[​IMG]
    tiling in garage for sauna - plenty to keep me busy
    decided to rebuild motor in 'Kenny' before anymore riding, also having left wrist Carpal Tunnel op soon
    Cheers
    Baza
    JohnG., Kiwirich, Suncoaster and 7 others like this.
  16. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    So you’ve been sitting around then Baz.
  17. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Best way to do the tiles - beats knocking the shit outta ya knees or bending over

Cheers
    Baza
  18. a2zworks

Oddometer:
    He is doing well isn’t he.
    Did you read the bit about the sauna! He is a romantic old Baz, sauna then Swedish naughties.

On another note, where are you I’m waiting for that drink you promised.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  19. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    We ran home before the border got shut again, didn’t wanna risk it. Had planned to catch up this week but on the boat sun. night. Hopefully down in March on the bike.
  20. a2zworks

Oddometer:
    Oh that's crap sorry to hear, my son and will be on the SPOT this Friday and then through to Canberra.
    On the way back following weekend if we have enough time I'll make a little detour and drop in at your place.
    Paul124ac likes this.