Who else lives with the Black Dog?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FatBoyCrash, Jun 24, 2009.

1. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Family is here for next few days, we've been close talking for hours taking turns emotionally...
  2. Bounty1

Bounty1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am so sorry to hear that John, Take care as others have said and reach out if needed.
    JohnG. and a2zworks like this.
  3. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Condolences to all the family John
    JohnG. likes this.
  4. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Baz & Bev,

Thankyou,
    We're all back living our lives and moving on I guess, things she left are still around the house and her cat has adopted us after running back to her flat a few times...
    He only sleeps in chairs and on couches she sat on, I've noticed. Knocks on the door to be let too, never seen that before...
    Anywho the only way is forward, we move on...
  5. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    G'day folks, how's life these days - haven't been real active myself on social media [apart from F/B which is addictive !]
    Poking along and dealing with whatever gets thrown at me has been the 'norm' - learning chill out and not burn-out !
    Covid-19 - what can you say ? Have my opinion - like everyone else ?
    Can't get the jab even if I wanted too - body can't handle certain chemicals, 'flu shots are just one of them - survived since '69 without it so I'll keep living without it,
    Gotta get the bike back on the road soon, physical barriers are aging their way into life now, just doing normal everyday shit is a pain but we're working through it !
    Anyway, stay safe - enjoy life if you can - well learn to is my advice but what would I know ?
    Cheers
    Baza
  6. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Adventourer

Oddometer:
    Good to see you still around Baza. I was just thinking about you this morning. Now I'm gonna look for the 25 year or older bike thread and bump it up a bit
    JohnG. and hunter_greyghost like this.
  7. AUS CRUZER

AUS CRUZER Lets Cruz

Oddometer:
    Good to see ya soldiering on mate. Shes a bit of a struggle our world at the minute but we will get there. I find riding is still the best medicine when we're not in lockdown and allowed out. Stay safe mate
    a2zworks, JohnG. and hunter_greyghost like this.
  8. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gday Baz and Bev,
    Yeah, just get on with it and stay out bush till after Christmas, restrictions should ease and things improve considerably (fingers crossed)
    We are both well and transitioning into new jobs.
    Good lady is leaving teaching after twenty years and getting into NDIS and aged care work around the local area.
    Im leaving the softwood timber industry and starting a Snowy Hydro 2.0 position hauling stuff about for them.
    We are both looking forward to long time coming lifestyle change...
    Feeling blessed to be in a 'bubble' of sorts without too many real restrictions here so far... Hope everyone is doing okay
    Kiwirich and a2zworks like this.
  9. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    Great to hear that you and your partner are making good of your future, of what wasn’t a terrible time and set of circumstances you had to go through.
    I am 100% sure that that is what your step daughter wanted for you both, to get on with life and to be happy.
    JohnG. likes this.
  10. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20210827_111519.jpg

Did some training recently 30ton empty 91ton loaded, hauling concrete pipe segment bits from Cooma factory to the Snowy Hydro 2.0 sites.
    Nice little job for an ol fella lol
  11. TheBear

TheBear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man, if I could drive one of those I would be so proud of myself... Just wanted to say, depression is not necessarily associated with a bad environment or poor circumstances. I consider myself really lucky, my life is good and I have a wonderful family and friends. And yet I need medication for depression and anxiety. If you wonder why you have depression even though your life is good, don't think of yourself as "ungrateful" as I did originally. There is no connection. But be grateful for help from others.

12. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bear,
    Yup, not really in it for the crazy money they're paying, my lady, doing a good job, family and friends are very important actually more than ever at this time with Covid.
    Im feeling very blessed and it was surprising the guys at the old job that wished me well and those that didn't which says more about their lives I think...
    An amusing note to this that entire big fleet got grounded late Friday evening by email!
    Apparently after a year of approvals and testing the RMS realise the are 7mm overwidth!! Fortunately just clearance light brackets but what a cant act! That's 3.5mm a side FFS!
    Anywho rock up Monday and watch the fun.. :-)
    Kiwirich and hunter_greyghost like this.
  13. TheBear

TheBear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Anywho rock up Monday and watch the fun.." -- Wish I could, but I live in Sydney and there's more than the RMS between me and the Snowy. All the best with everything, mate.
    JohnG. likes this.
  14. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, there was a Covid compliance road block south of Canberra during this week and on the Monaro highway and the dirt at Shannon's flat! Apparently
  15. TheBear

TheBear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am actually in an uncertain position. I'm officially a "professional motorcyclist" and therefore not subject to some of the limitations, but I am not a hundred percent sure which they are. My editor at Australian Motorcyclist, Stuart, was pulled up while riding for photos and convinced the cops that he and the photographer were on a legit job, but I would prefer not to get into that sort of position in the first place. Anyway, have a top drive!
    JohnG. likes this.
  16. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I almost had a head on with the numpties on my side of the road.
    JohnG. likes this.
  17. Baloffski

Baloffski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What A crazy mixed up world we ae living in. This post start was a high stop light for many..
    Your friend, self, needs help we need to take the little tiny, bit of effort to maybe help them. I think that people are on the majority are a tribe that looks after one and the other.
    JohnG. and Kiwirich like this.
  18. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    RUOK day,please ring that person that you havent contacted for a while and say hello,I'm into my list already!
    Its a tough time for a lot of people!
    JohnG. likes this.
  19. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, new job is shutdown due to a Covid case being detected during regular testing... So yup doing it... Hope everyone's doing okay
  20. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Hope everybody is OK - getting sick of all this Covid crap but not a lot we can do about it,
    Well, we're one of the LGA's that can move around again - for the time being !
    Heading down to see the Oldies @ Boorowa next week hopefully
    Stay safe - be kind to one & other - opinions are just that, don't lose friends because of them
    Cheers
    Baza
    a2zworks, Dukehunt and Ron50 like this.