Who Has a Corbin ?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by BlueRidgeKat, Jun 29, 2015.

1. BlueRidgeKat

BlueRidgeKat Daily Commuter

Oddometer:
    Who has this Corbin. You can click on the left and right arrows to see all the pictures.......

http://corbin.com/bmw/bmwf8gs.shtml

I have never sat on a Corbin seat on any bike that didn't feel hard as a rock but this one looks like it could maybe (?) be comfortable and its a little cheaper than Sargent and Touratech.

-
  2. Rgconner

Rgconner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have one, for the last 3 months.

A Corbin is still a saddle not a seat, so it will not have padding on it.

I have done 600 miles days on mine and been perfectly fine the next day.

Great great saddle, lousy seat.
  3. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lot of people will NEVER be comfortable on a Corbin saddle.
    I had one one a Buell XB12, was able to do 1000 mile days ( twice ) best saddle I have ever used.
    Had a Corbin on a Sportster,, made easy 18 hour marathons.

Had another Corbin FLAT on KLR650, flat as an ironing board, but probably firmer.
    We did a 2200 mile weekend ride, two-up on the Corbin KLR-FLAT.... wife rode Pillion, she considered it to be a leather covered BOARD, and her hatred for THAT saddle is the main reason we ride an F800GS now..
    So, Corbins saddles are a pretty personal thing, I loved all three of mine.
  4. Rgconner

Rgconner Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is the definition of a saddle, leather stretched over a frame.

A seat has padding =)
  5. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had a Corbin since they first came out in 2009:

[​IMG]

I find it extremely comfortable.
  6. CT70 Mole

CT70 Mole Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have one for sale (09-13) that has less than 500 miles on it.
    A dear friend had a custom one made at the factory in Hollister, Ca and was then diagnosed with Cancer. He passed 6-7 months later.
    I was charged with selling his bike, gear etc.
    The seat was made tall, the bike buyer wasn't. I can send pics if interested. 250. Plus shipping.
    Best is email. [email protected]
  7. Going-riding

Going-riding n00b

Oddometer:
    I replaced the stock seat with a Corbin saddle on my F8. Same as the pic above. Was able to ride multiple 12 hour days and still walk. Also fairly comfortable for my passenger (115 lb teenager) because it is a separate seat. new saddle was the best purchase so far. Had to make small mods to fit over wolfman racks at that time. Corbin sent me bag of gromits and pop rivets. Trips are only as fun as the ass can endure!
  8. IckyBob

IckyBob BroManiac

Oddometer:
    I have a Renazco Racing custom seat. Excellent seat, very comfortable. An alternative to a Corbin.
  9. Arbolmano

Arbolmano Not so Studly

Oddometer:
    Subjective issue. But Corbin has worked well for me for years.
    The fit on my F700GS was perfect.
  10. LavaFrog

LavaFrog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ever since I my first 4x4 ride..yep, sitting on my GS was like that a 4x4. I have had Corbin on previous bikes & being sorta close to Garlicville it made sense.

This time I opt'd for a heated one. Yep, even in CA. I've rode from here thru Area51 to Utah-hit a cow-GS Trophy Challenge MOAB and back home on that seat 8k mile trek. Even the pillion is heated. Lisa loved the heated seat for Santa Cruz adventures when she only wore jeans.
    It was worth visiting to get a real custom fit. They had a template which was not fitted for my TourTech pannier rack.
    So well worth it all around -
    see the Corbin visit here- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1607078705469.2088035.1491233561&type=3

I've never had a real issue with a dismount maybe a sticky shoe on the seat tray, but nothing to worry about for a 31"inseam 5'9 - will maybe trim a little off the tray, if I go in for a renew overlay. 400mi. days are not to bad in a nutshell..

After 5years the 'saddle' is still one of my favorite upgrades "there is some padding btw" , and its had a few mud/snow seasons.The heated seat is still awesome for those late night return home treks out of the forest or early morning jaunts to the dirt. Its come a long way from a 4x4>to the beads>to a very nice saddle :evil
  11. Rgconner

Rgconner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I find mine is heated to much just by the engine...

probably my only complaint is the case of soggy bottom.