Who makes a BMW GPS Power Connector to Female Cigarette Adapter?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Excite-Bike, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Excite-Bike

Excite-Bike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I swear I saw a link posted to it on here weeks ago and thought it was to Twisted Throttle or Touratech but I just can't find it now.

Perhaps I imagined part of it and it was actually a BMW GPS connector to BMW Powerlet adapter?
    That would probably be ok too since I could just use a cigarette to powelet adapter then.

I know there's this one that just goes to plain old positive/negative wires:
    http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1760/PN-065-0289/Universal-GPS-Power-Connector-BMW-CAN-BUS-System

But I'd like the cigarette adapter (or powerlet) built in if possible as I don't want to cut my Garmin NUVI's power cable that has its traffic sensing antenna built into it.

Thanks.
  2. Wallrat

Wallrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. dalebor

dalebor Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. GeeK_InsiDe

GeeK_InsiDe Moore Gas!!!

Oddometer:
    No need to cut your GPS cables, just buy the BMW adapter (15$) then solder it to your cigarette lighter. May take 5 minutes.
  5. Excite-Bike

Oddometer:
    Ah right, but what's with that little note on the Touratech page?
    I thought the BMW GPS socket on top of the battery kills power a few seconds after turning off the ignition but it says:

"NOTE: When used with s GPS cable with an inline voltage regulator such as a 5-volt USB cord (Zumo 220, Nuvi series), the BMW can-bus system will provide constant power even with the ignition off, potentially draining your battery if left for long periods of time."

My GPS is a Nuvi 2595.
  6. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    That doesn't seem to make sense.

I ordered the pig-tail wires for my Garmin Montana and wired it into a powerlet male connector. You'd think if a constant draw would keep the Canbus on, the backlight on the Garmin would. My Garmin loses power just a few seconds after turning the key off.
  7. Excite-Bike

Oddometer:
  8. Wallrat

Wallrat Been here awhile

Oddometer: