1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best soft Panniers?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Kmont, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Kmont

Kmont Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been looking into Lone Rider and really like them from what I have seen on the internet but I just came across MOSKO MOTO Backcountry. The Mosko's seem to be more of what I am thinking would be great. I have been put on the waiting list of the very inexpensive Tusk for $150. They appear to be a great option for the price. Thoughts? Opinions? From people that have used some of these. Mosko has great reviews but so do the others. Are there others I do not know about?
  2. WindBlast

WindBlast Jesus and Tequila

Oddometer:
    I know some folks who use Mosko and they love them. I had a set of Wolfman Expeditions for a while on my DRz and I liked them a lot. The Touratech ones made by Ortlieb are also pretty good. All are pricey but you get what you pay for. It all depends how rugged do you really need them to be?
    Kmont likes this.
  3. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mosko now are all the rage, I saw them in person at a show, they are well built.
  4. AdvMoto18

AdvMoto18 NORDO Supporter

Oddometer:
    Coastal SC Low Country / Land of Shrimp & Grits
    The soft luggage game has come a long way the past few years.

I'm partial to all of the products from Mosko Moto.
    Designed in White Salmon, WA by some great people and made in Asia.
    Company people visit their Asian factories several times a year to ensure everything is tracking; when the world isn't on fire with virus.
  5. Kmont

Kmont Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to know where they come from. I will make sure to spray them down when I receive them. LOL. Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards Mosko Moto after studying everything on their website. I haven't heard of them before today. I almost purchased Lonerider and would have if I haven't come across a picture of some on a GSA stuck in a creek. I was searching for a winch mount.
  6. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW, a friend of mine just got a new BMW F850 and has the BMW Atacama bags which are made by Mosko Moto... I was impressed with the quality and ease of operation after spending last Sunday on a ride with him...
    I have BMW hard cases but I would not hesitate to put Mosko Moto's on my bike if the need would arise to do so..
  7. AdvMoto18

Oddometer:
    If you need a Warn XT17 winch on your motorcycle, and if it is KTM or BMW GS/GSA, check out the Helo Pad or Mult Function Rear Rack from Black Dog Cycle Works.

Mosko Moto has used various factories in Asia over the years. I think they are now using Viet Nam for most products these days.
  8. Kmont

Kmont Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used to have the 1200GSA and kept the XT17 in a Warn bag made for the winch. Great bag. Now I am wanting to mount it on my 1290 SAR instead of using the bag inside of a pannier. I just purchase a mount from a fellow inmate. Black dog no longer makes them. It is a black dog mount. Now I have to get the black dog rear rack.
    AdvMoto18 likes this.
  9. AdvMoto18

Oddometer:
    You work for Fred there in Memphis?
  10. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mosko 100%. No need to look at any others. Only thing I’d like better is if Mosko made an even larger size like a 45l or so. But love my Moskos so much I sold my hard cases. Oh ya and they are Tuff as nails.

IMG_8033.JPG

IMG_8041.JPG
    Motor7, MtnRider and Huckwheat like this.
  11. redolga

redolga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out Kriega and Enduristan. The Tusk bags are great for most people. Just because they are cheap does not make them bad.

Kmont likes this.
  12. BlackDogCycleWorks

BlackDogCycleWorks Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here is a link to the rack you'll need. We really appreciate you considering this for your bike! :clap

-Black Dog Cycle Works
    www.blackdogcw.com
    Migolito, AdvMoto18 and Kmont like this.
  13. LeeMan

LeeMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. Piscoot

Piscoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Spend the money get Mosko Moto, especially there new updated models like the Reckless 80L Revolver V3. I have the Reckless 40L for my every day commutes. IMG_1656.jpg
    AdvMoto18 and Kmont like this.
  15. cwadej

cwadej Keeper of the truth

Oddometer:
    Kmont and Manray like this.
  16. Bigbugberg

Bigbugberg De oppresso liber Supporter

Oddometer:
    People love Mosko. People hate Mosko. People love Giant Loop. People hate Giant Loop. People love Wolfman. People hate Wolfman. People love Enduristan. People hate Enduristan. They are all quality items.
    I have a mix of Wolfman, Giant Loop, and Enduristan depending on the bike and the ride. I didn't like the Mosko, nor did a friend.
    Manray, Argus16, Kmont and 2 others like this.
  17. Dumphead

Dumphead Errand boy (sent by grocery clerks) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Curious, bigbugberg, what people don’t like about Mosko stuff? I hadn’t heard too much criticism before, but I’d love to hear someone play devil’s advocate a little.
    EZ-D, MtnRider and Kmont like this.
  18. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I admire them and wish they made something I liked, but find it overly built, heavy and clunky, with way too many straps. I love my altrider hemisphere for the dumb simplicity. I haven't seen the latest version of moskos stuff.

In the end, there are lots of options. We're lucky to be in this position. I worry how many of these guys will still be here on the other side
    Bigbugberg and Kmont like this.
  19. AdvNener

AdvNener Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was going to say weight, overcomplicated, price.
    Playing the devil's advocate here, not saying it is bad stuff :)
  20. Dumphead

Dumphead Errand boy (sent by grocery clerks) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I agree -- it's a good problem to have, trying to decide among all the choices.
    Kmont likes this.