Who uses Rever?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Toddv, Oct 3, 2019.

1. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just upgraded to Pro. I've had it on my phone for a while but have never used it. I think I paid just under $50 even though I used the promo code. I'm looking forward to learning how to use it.

John
  2. BjornFromRever

BjornFromRever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for upgrading to PRO! We have several Tips and Tutorials on our YouTube Channel to help you learn the product: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1oQN90D72mfpMyVIkosxw?view_as=subscriber
    ZiggyInNc and scarysharkface like this.
  3. ZiggyInNc

ZiggyInNc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any advrider discount code to get the special price?
  4. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    No. Log in and go ‘pro’ and enjoy for half price. that’s what I did.
    money very well spent.
  5. ZiggyInNc

Oddometer:
    Well the reason I’m asking is it’s asking me for $47.99
  6. ZiggyInNc

Oddometer:
    94D14679-8DFA-4E81-9118-AE52A66559C6.png

Attached Files:

7. Zubb

Oddometer:
    Look for a discount button (if I recall)
  8. Zubb

Oddometer:
    I could be wrong as it’s been about six or seven months since I did it.
  9. Zubb

Oddometer:
    Maybe select the 4799 price and see what next screen comes up. Most web vendors let you review your order before you click purchase.
  10. ZiggyInNc

Oddometer:
    Thanks - already tried that. Maybe it was just a limited time promotion but I thought I’d ask here first to see if there was an Advrider discount.
  11. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    The Black Friday Sale was temporary, but I can give ADVRiders a 25% off annual PRO coupon: OydNOZkl
    You can use this code here: https://a.rever.co/subscription
  12. Failo

Failo Is it spring yet???

Oddometer:
    OK I downloaded Rever and upgraded to Pro only to discover this may not work for my situation. I use a Kyocera Duraforce Pro without a sim card for my gps so I need to download maps. Unless there's something I'm missing it looks like downloading maps on Rever is going to be a major, time consuming headache if you have to download one tiny tile at a time.

I contacted Rever but haven't heard back. Does anyone know if you can download maps, say one entire state at a time like with the other gps apps?
  13. becsta

becsta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used Rever to track my rides on my 2 1/2 month motorbike trip around UK & Ireland (if you want to check them out my Rever user name is Becstas Adventures or you can check out my blog (www.becstasadventures.com) or social media). It provided exactly what I was after with being able to add geo tagged photos to the locations along the track (previously I have used google maps for this but it is fairly time consuming). I have used this to add to my blog. I had a few occasion when Rever did not track my ride properly so I uploaded the gpx from my GPS and upon request these were promptly moved from planned to tracked.

I only got my bike back yesterday from that trip and will in future be using a Kyocera phone to replace my GPS. The phone will not have a sim and will be run in offline mode.

I am going to use Rever as my primary navigation tool but have some questions around this. If I use the Where To? for a ride (not planned) will it automatically start tracking (with auto pause)? Or do I need to press start tracking?

I have downloaded some maps to cover the areas I am most likely to ride in the immediate future, I used the medium setting to do this. Will medium or low provided enough detail to be able navigate on street sufficiently. I was going to this at high but the area it covers is so small and I would have to conduct a lot of saves to cover what I require.

I have a question about editing tracked rides. I post my tracks to social media and would love the option to change my start and end point of rides as I would not like my home address to be broadcast for every ride instead I would like to move it to some where close eg to my local service station. I tracked my ride home from Sydney yesterday but stopped down the road to cease the tracking. I will not always remember to to this. Another example of being able to edit the track is that when I did my final ride to drop my bike off I forgot to turn off the tracking and it then tracked my train trip back to London as well as the ride I did.

Another feature that would be awesome would be to be able to put all the tracks together in one map. I love the individual rides to be able to put up on my daily blog but would love to have one map that covers every ride I did over the 2 1/2 months, it would be a great addition to my final summary page of the trip (when I finally get around to writing it).

Another thing I would like to be able to edit is the date. eg. the date under my activities is the date the track was uploaded not when it was actually produced. I did a ride on 25 Sep and that is in the name of the ride but I didn't upload the track until 29 Oct so the date shown for this ride is 29 October.

I know I have put a lot of requests in this message but I feel with these changes (as a start :-)) would make this the only app I will want to use into the future for my navigation & tracking needs.

I am sure that once I start using Rever as my primary navigation tool I will have some more questions.
  14. ZiggyInNc

Oddometer:
    I agree that the ability to combine rides /tracks into one “ride” is highly desirable. I’d like to track my whole trip and be able to see its start and end - not just one day at a time on a long trip.
    becsta likes this.
  15. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Locus pro.

And its a lot cheaper.
    ohgood, Albie and flamingm0e like this.
  16. motolover

motolover rookie

Oddometer:
    I tested Rever on my forest single track rides. When there is no cellular signal, it doesn't work. Will have to use GPS for it.
    Quila likes this.
  17. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    Motolover, this is not true, your phone can have GPS signal and not have cellular signal. Single track rides are actually how most of us at REVER use the app. If you are having issues, reach out to us at support@rever.co and we would be happy to help!
  18. motolover

motolover rookie

Oddometer:
    I tried it several times, just to see how much I rode and how long it took me. The track was always lost a few times and the forest is not so far from the small city I live in. I don't use it on a handlebar, as I fall a lot on my EXC during such rides and don't want to lose or destroy the iPhone. It stays in my front pocket in the jacket. I know the forest pretty well, so don't need navigation to get home. After a ride, I check the track and it is always lost in two to three places. I am in Europe, if this makes a change, maybe?
  19. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    Lots of great questions here, I will try and answer them all. If you have more please send us a message at support@rever.co
    If you use Where To? and start navigating, it will automatically track. If you are already tracking and hit Where to?, it will stay on the same track. Where to will require you to have service though.

For offline, it really depends on what terrain you are riding, medium should be sufficient and you will have to download this in chunks. We have plans to improve this in the spring.

Privacy is important to us and we are working on this for the future.

Totally agree on stitching rides together, we would like to have this implemented in the near future. It has been on our list for a bit, but as a small team, we can only accomplish so much!

Ahh, that is interesting. But the way our server reads it is when it is uploaded. You can change the name of it to reflect a different date.

Hope this helps and please reach out to us at support@rever.co
  20. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    What kind of device are you on?