1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Who uses Rever?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Toddv, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Bombadier36

Bombadier36 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really thank everyone for the information on here. REVER definitely needs to produce some instructional content for their app (maybe an opportunity for a YouTube channel too).

I’m tooling around on the app and computer. Still no way to link multi-day rides?
  2. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is no way to link rides. I am curious, though, what features/functionality do you expect to gain by being able to link rides?
    Bombadier36 likes this.
  3. Bombadier36

Bombadier36 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Usually I use it to track rides. When I stop for lunch, camp overnight, etc. the tracking usually auto-pauses or I accidentally stop it.

For logging purposes, it would be nice to mesh them together.

Example: I rode from FL to AZ to VA to FL. I would like to link them all.

I’d even be happy with a folder/album system even if it were to complicated to make one GPX file.
  4. JeffShanholtz

JeffShanholtz It’s all good

Oddometer:
    I sent them a message and received a link to an instructional YouTube video. So they do have them out there. Just hard to locate
  5. TMix

TMix n00b

Oddometer:
    REVER users. I am using REVER PRO on an iPhone XR (latest software). I prefer to have the iPhone in landscape mode above the dash. I can begin to record a track and REVER immediately switches to portrait mode which essentially has the tracking constantly left. I have tried using the "compass" tool and the "north arrow" tool without success. What is the secret to keeping REVER in landscape mode? Thank you for your assistance!
    dasher likes this.
  6. Acousticplyr

Acousticplyr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you flip it 180 in landscape- is the tracking now on the right side? If so, it is probably their default view. I use it in portrait, sorry.

*Just checked mine on my XR- it puts tracking data on either side in landscape, not the bottom. But the map is still in landscape.
  7. BillWass

BillWass Adventurer

Oddometer:
    TMix, I have the Pro version and go through exactly the same thing. Prior to their most recent update, landscape mode was not even available. Now it starts that way, but as you said, it will randomly switch back to portrait and it takes an act of God to return it to landscape. It mostly happens to me when I stop and it auto-pauses.

I have reached out to their team and let them know, but I have yet to hear back. Hoping it is just a bug and will be fixed soon...but it is annoying.

I actually rotated my phone to portrait while on the bike now, as I do not want to fight with the orientation while trying to ride. Because if this it blocks certain areas of my gauges, but it is still better than engaging in a fight I will never win.

I REALLY like REVER, and I hope this app matures rapidly.

Will update if I hear anything back.

Ride safely.
    dasher and TMix like this.
  8. Pregnant Nun

Pregnant Nun Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's the most 'S's I've ever seen in a signature file Brad! Strong work!
  9. BradB.

BradB. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL! Thankssssssss!
  10. dasher

dasher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 On the landscape frustration. I have my QuadLock with charger on the bar right above the instrument panel (where the BMW GPS cradle used to go), and have stopped using Rever for its inability to STAY in landscape mode. I have been using Scenic, which has lots of great features, but no web interface for trip planning. You can, however, plan a trip on Google My Maps, and then export it very easily to Scenic. If Rever solves their landscape issue for those of us who prefer that... it could be a great app.
  11. BradB.

BradB. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard from Customer Service at Rever for a while? I tried to get hold of the Colorado office for quite some time. I started an email conversation with one of the guys there with some technical questions and then everything went dark. I'm not sure if it's just me that's been ghosted or if they are closed or what. Contact was lost with them just after they were bought out by Comoto. Could be part of the problem which might be a bad omen.

I want to like Rever but without support and with some well known glitches it becoming more difficult (and pricey). I hope they come around.
  12. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I decided to pay for Rever last year with the Black Friday sale and like it but wasn't able to use it much at all this year so was kind of a waste. I decided to pay for it again this year hoping I'll use it a lot next year, but at $24/year I can't continue to do that. I like Osmand+ for recording tracks if I just want to do that, but like the ease of planning a route on my desktop and it instantly transfers to my phone when I pull it up. I'm just signed up to be a beta tester for Scenic once it comes out on real phones(Android) :hide
  13. BradB.

BradB. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you even get away with $24 "each" year? I paid $24 last year during the BF sale last year, too. I was auto-renewed this year and charged $47.99. I tried to enquire about that pending charge and many technical issues I was having PRIOR to the renewal period. But as I said, they ignored me completely and the charge went through. Not real happy with that.
  14. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Doesn’t scenic have a direct interface with Furkot?
  15. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Yes, I was able to. My subscription would have expired on 12/2 and I think I went to 'manage membership' and was able to do it there. Either that or I found a back way to do it. Regardless, I was NOT going to pay $49 and searched around to take advantage of the $24 deal which I had to really talk myself into. Ultimately I did it so I could see all the curvy roads from the Butler maps and with a trip planned for Colorado next year I want to be able to show my buddy some of these roads.

Bummer that their customer service isn't responding!
  16. BillWass

BillWass Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All, REVER has been purchased and the details are in another thread.

My assumption is they are internally doing a bit of house-keeping, so their staff will be a bit slow to respond right now.

Hopefully, for the app, this will ensure better/faster/more numerous updates to come.

Time will tell.

Also, as a side note, my landscape has been solid since the last iOS app update.

Make sure you are fully updated and try it again.

Ride safely!

Rever Acquired by Comoto (Revzilla/Cycle Gear/ J&P)
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...r--J&P).1476203/&share_type=t&link_source=app
  17. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    2. Dollars. A month.
    I would imagine the new owners will be fully engaged soon enough. But in the mean time it works wonderfully for me.
  18. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    1.50. A month. Too. Much.
  19. dasher

dasher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, it does. And Furkot has a great interface. But it’s also very easy to plan with Google My Maps and open it with Scenic.
    scfrank likes this.
  20. dasher

dasher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interesting bit of news, thank you!
    I checked and I have the latest Rever. And yesterday I tried it again. No good.