1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Who uses Rever?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Toddv, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Bombadier36

Bombadier36 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really thank everyone for the information on here. REVER definitely needs to produce some instructional content for their app (maybe an opportunity for a YouTube channel too).

I’m tooling around on the app and computer. Still no way to link multi-day rides?
  2. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is no way to link rides. I am curious, though, what features/functionality do you expect to gain by being able to link rides?
    Bombadier36 likes this.
  3. Bombadier36

Bombadier36 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Usually I use it to track rides. When I stop for lunch, camp overnight, etc. the tracking usually auto-pauses or I accidentally stop it.

For logging purposes, it would be nice to mesh them together.

Example: I rode from FL to AZ to VA to FL. I would like to link them all.

I’d even be happy with a folder/album system even if it were to complicated to make one GPX file.
  4. JeffShanholtz

JeffShanholtz It’s all good

Oddometer:
    I sent them a message and received a link to an instructional YouTube video. So they do have them out there. Just hard to locate
  5. TMix

TMix n00b

Oddometer:
    REVER users. I am using REVER PRO on an iPhone XR (latest software). I prefer to have the iPhone in landscape mode above the dash. I can begin to record a track and REVER immediately switches to portrait mode which essentially has the tracking constantly left. I have tried using the "compass" tool and the "north arrow" tool without success. What is the secret to keeping REVER in landscape mode? Thank you for your assistance!
  6. Acousticplyr

Acousticplyr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you flip it 180 in landscape- is the tracking now on the right side? If so, it is probably their default view. I use it in portrait, sorry.

*Just checked mine on my XR- it puts tracking data on either side in landscape, not the bottom. But the map is still in landscape.
  7. BillWass

BillWass Adventurer

Oddometer:
    TMix, I have the Pro version and go through exactly the same thing. Prior to their most recent update, landscape mode was not even available. Now it starts that way, but as you said, it will randomly switch back to portrait and it takes an act of God to return it to landscape. It mostly happens to me when I stop and it auto-pauses.

I have reached out to their team and let them know, but I have yet to hear back. Hoping it is just a bug and will be fixed soon...but it is annoying.

I actually rotated my phone to portrait while on the bike now, as I do not want to fight with the orientation while trying to ride. Because if this it blocks certain areas of my gauges, but it is still better than engaging in a fight I will never win.

I REALLY like REVER, and I hope this app matures rapidly.

Will update if I hear anything back.

Ride safely.
    TMix likes this.