Who wants a Rekluse in their F800GS/798 Twin

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by SOP Dirt-Rider, Apr 8, 2014.

?

Interest in a Rekluse for the 798 Twin

1. Yes

2. No

3. Highly likely

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. firebolter

firebolter Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Most EXP's are in the ~600 range without the billet clutch basket which I doubt they are making for the 800. Since it is a non hydro clutch, might come in a little less? Just going off the others I have bought for my KTM's and Berg's.
  2. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    If any of you want to spin one, then ride on North, East, West, or South, which ever it might be for you, for the Overland Expo in Flagstaff,AZ, May 16-18.
    I'l be there hidden behind a tree somewhere.:clap:freaky:freaky
  3. ultane

ultane sqeezin the bag

Oddometer:
    I'm in if the price is right.
  4. TYC

TYC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very interested in the price. The install seems straight forward enough. :1drink
  5. Aussie Mick

Aussie Mick n00b

Oddometer:
    Good Question..i will be keen though!!!
  6. JRose

JRose Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Take whatever price you think it should be, and add 20-30% markup for the BMW market....
  7. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm betting this won't be the case. Seems the insider industry folks are starting to get it-that is the ADV market is booming and they want to capture as large an audience as they can.
  8. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I second that motion.:deal
  9. firebolter

Oddometer:
    If it were made by BMW or for them with their name on it, maybe, but Rekluse is not gonna add 20-30% mark up to something they already make for all other brands of bikes. The "Bring More Wallet" concept is not applicable here.
  10. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    They don't reply to email inquiries.

We have been strung along this long.

I've lived with the stock clutch until now.

Stock clutch needs replacing now.

Can only afford one or the other.

That solved that.

Bad luck Rekluse. It was a nice idea. I'll revisit in 65,000km if the old stock clutch is anything to go by. Hopefully you'll have your shit sorted by then.
  11. OZZY-DUCK

OZZY-DUCK Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

If your clutch is shagged you will probably need to replace it anyway. Doesn't the Rekluse only replace a couple of clutch discs ?
    Correct me if I'm wrong!
  12. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Correct. But the clutch is shagged now. Not in a couple of months.

Rekluse say they're releasing the clutch...in a couple of months.

I look silly pushing the BMW everywhere. The KTM riding friends make jokes and poke fun on facebook.

edit: looking at their web site, most of the kits come with clutch plates. I was hoping the kit would arrive before the clutch gave out, and thus instead of buying a new standard clutch, I would spend the money on the Rekluse. Now I would either have to not ride for a couple of months...not an option with work interstate...or buy a standard clutch, and then upgrade to a Rekluse in a couple of months, or when ever they finally get around to releasing it.

So I'll buy a standard one, and wear it out. Then maybe in a couple of years, if Rekluse have finally sorted things, I'll look at it again.

But like I say, the longer I live with the standard one, the less I see the desperate need for a Rekluse. It'd make life easier, but I can live without it. Pity they didn;t have it out when I was cashed up and keen. But that's marketing for you.
  13. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tell us how ya really feel Snowy......:lol3:lol3
    What ya wanna do is your choice. I will be surprised if this is not offered just inside 30 days. Your call amigo.
    Someone else asked regarding replacement items. We dont know the final configuration that they will release. So we are not sure if, and how many stock parts you will need to retain. What I don't want you to overlook is that when your clutch is toast, most if not all of the times, not all of the friction plates are toast. We should know the configuration within a couple of weeks.
  14. firebolter

Oddometer:
    Snowy, even if the Rekluse was ready today, you would still need to buy a new clutch pack, or at least the friction plates or steels, whatever is worn out in your stock clutch. The Rekluse doesn't replace the whole clutch pack only a few friction and steel plates to make room for the exp ring. It's a modification to a stock clutch pack, not a whole new clutch in and of itself. For most 800 riders, you're right, they do not do any real riding where the auto clutch is neede. Just cruising down back roads and "average" adventure riding is easily done with a manual clutch. But if you truly do deep back bush riding with lots of obstacles and rocks and such, it is a life saver. If they rushed it out and it wasn't ready, then Guys would be complaining about how they didn't get it right and should have spent more time getting it right, can't please everybody!
  15. Hamish71

Hamish71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

30 days......hmmmm...a couple of weeks ago....it was a couple of weeks:huh
  16. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The voices in my phone are saying end of May. We have moved beyond "soon":deal
  17. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was guilty of complaining about the "very soon" bullsh*t two years ago. It's always been "very soon".

However....it is easy to see that the release is imminent. All the testing has been done. Rekluse deserves credit for developing the product to their standards. Their customer relations is decidedly less impressive. They have had two years to communicate to the public what is involved in developing a new clutch for the F800GS, and have chosen to evade and ignore. But I don't hold that against them at this point. Looking forward to getting one...whenever. Still riding and enjoying my bike. And it's not like there is a "plan B" where I can show them my frustration with their lack of simple communication.
  18. Hamish71

Hamish71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plan B - KTM 690 Enduro R
  19. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for you.....:freaky
    Such anger.....:D
  20. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got the last of the adjustment out of my original clutch. I changed the engine oil early, with more of the same 10W70 full synthetic, and added enough molybdenum disulphide to treat 5 motorcycle engines. I can't slow down the clutch wear rate any more than that or it wont...whatchacallit...clutch...any more.

It still locks up, but feels on the verge of slipping. One light finger touch sees it slip.

I think it'll last the distance....but "soon" had want to be SOON!

I'm putting 1000km/week on it and spending a lot of time at walking pace on congested motorways at the moment. Running a 17 tooth front because of the amount of high speed freeway work is not trading off against the low speed lane splitting. The lanes here aren't wide enough, and splitting with a Touratech tank, motoX bars, and panniers is a very precise art. My barkbusters are at exactly SUV mirror height as it turns out. Bummer. For them.

My KTM riding friends are teasing me about the fried CANBUS ABS controller now. If this clutch shits itself and strands me I'll never hear the end of it.

Come on Rekluse...if ya gunna do it...do it SOON.