Who wants a Rekluse in their F800GS/798 Twin

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by SOP Dirt-Rider, Apr 8, 2014.

?

Interest in a Rekluse for the 798 Twin

1. Yes

2. No

3. Highly likely

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    How come their other kits have clutch plates and steel discs shown in the quantities then? It's a bit confusing. Sure, technically it isn't released yet.

As an aside, this could all be cleared up if they ANSWERED THEIR GODDAMN EMAIL INQUIRIES FROM PEOPLE TRYING TO BUY SHIT OFF THEM.

End rant.

At the moment I'm just trying to get enough life out of the original so I can ride to work interstate, so I can earn enough to pay for the new one. I can't ride my other bike, because I sold it. Spent the money already. I can't ride the trail bike, it's in pieces in need of money. Can't drive the other car, it's in need of a valve grind, which costs money even if I do it myself. So I need to ride to earn the money to buy the clutch, which will then help me earn enough to fix everything else so I don't have to wear the clutch out. But to ride I will need a new clutch soon.

You can see the catch 22 forming here can't you?
  2. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is not that they dont want to answer their emails. IMHO, they should always respond, but they would not want to comment on the GS side, as it is still not decided what configuration the EXP will come in. I have gotten many PM's with regards to the scenario that people fry their clutch, and now is a good time to hop on the EXP. I have suggested that they offer more than one kit. One for people with good stock plates, and then another kit for riders with burned clutch. Believe me, they are listening, and I think you will be surprised to see what they release.
  3. BMW_BIKER_KEITH

BMW_BIKER_KEITH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Earling -

Silly question... and I think I know the answer, but gonna ask anyways-

Assuming a Rekluse installed, and I'm sitting at a Stop Light. I wanna HEAR the tune of our buzzed paralllel twin through my damaged but functional MIVV exhaust... Can I simply pull in the clutch lever and have a truly dis-enguaged engine that I can cruely rapp up to 9,000 RPM and freak the crap out of bystanders? (not that I actually do that...)
  4. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    Yes, you still have full use of your clutch lever. So you can still do clutch wheelies at will...it's important to retain that!
  5. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    No...... It will rev to about 1500-2500 depending on what weighs you have in there, and then take off like a crazy rabbit.:lol3:lol3
    Unless you hold the clutch lever.... then you can rev all you want.:freaky
  6. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From Rekluse-

Here’s our official stance on the F800GS products. We plan to take preorders starting the last week of May (so Monday the 26<SUP>th</SUP>), with plans to start shipping in late June. This auto-clutch product will be called:

RMS-6305A EXP - BMW F650/700/800 Parallel Twin

Model Coverage is as follows:
    [​IMG]

We’re still nailing down the price.
    End quote.
  7. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    How come they answered you?

I asked if I could pre order and then put "HERE....TAKE MY MONEY".

Still no answer.

It's getting harder and harder to give money away....
  8. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hear voices in my head:deal

As one of the test mules I do have a direct line to them, so I reckon that makes me "special":wink:

Some really great stuff headed our way shortly (not soon anymore, we have a date). They are truly swamped with new product development and we are just a small bit of that element, not saying our $$$ has less value but all things considered comparing skinny bikes to ADV bikes it is no competition. I am just stoked this is coming to the light of day and that Rekluse is on board the ever growing ADV market.
  9. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not special, and they answered my email.

I wrote them using the address on their website a couple of days ago. I said something like "After two years of R&D and beta-testing, what is the no-bullshit release date for the F800GS?

They replied almost immediately with" pre-orders in late May, delivery in late June." I asked if I could post that here, and they asked me to hold off.

So they were responding to some emails.

That is all.
  10. Hamish71

Hamish71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im going to be pissed if they have only made 50 and miss out....
  11. Olliwood

Olliwood "One life, live it!"

Oddometer:
    I'm in! :D
  12. TrailmanFr

TrailmanFr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If it's not too late ...i'm in too :clap
  13. F650Dakar_Norway

F650Dakar_Norway What off-season?

Oddometer:
    I'm in. A must have.