Who wants to ride Utah?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by colberoni, Jan 6, 2019.

1. colberoni

colberoni Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If anybody is interested in doing some riding in Utah this year, feel free to send me a message. I am always looking for new people to ride with, especially when it means getting to see more of my beautiful state!
  2. DJLeBLanc77

DJLeBLanc77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello, I'm planning a trip out to Moab in late May, 2019. Would like to do the White Rim, and then Green River(?). What say you?
  3. colberoni

colberoni Adventurer

Oddometer:

That sounds like a great time for that area! Any specific areas in Moab/Green River? And what bike are you on?
  4. DJLeBLanc77

DJLeBLanc77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    *Areas, yes kinda. I've been to Moab 2x in the past for 4x4 stuff. But never on a dual-sport. *Bike(s) 500exc/300xc-w

My overall goal is to use Moab as base camp for a week and hit the trails. Will be driving there with my truck and gear so I'm highly mobile.

So I know that I would like to do WRT on the first day with the 500. Since I can blast through it all on one day w/o camping out for the night.

Also I would like to do Metal Masher (I think) on the 500, it would also be fun to do all the trails in Moab on DS.

Green River, I have know clue about but would like to do it. I found a big looper map for GR on the net.

Bike(s), both a fairly well kitted.

You ride in any of these areas? And down to meet up?

Side note SLC's Whole Foods has the best hot food bar, IMO

Attached Files:

5. colberoni

colberoni Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have hiked and driven Moab quite a bit, but never been on my bike, but I'm willing to do just about anything. If you keep me updated on specific dates, I am more than willing to drive down and ride with you wherever you plan on riding!
  6. KankakeeBenjamin

KankakeeBenjamin Been here awhile

Oddometer:

white rim is easy but very scenic. I would check out the enduro loop which I believe is in green river. Not positive though. kane creek is pretty cool too. Have fun. I am jealous!!
  7. colberoni

colberoni Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up! I've heard Kane Creek is incredible, but I think my DR would be a pig in there.. it's doable, but not with my current riding skills haha
    KankakeeBenjamin likes this.
  8. zoo

zoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Colberoni, I am seeking some utah trip planning help. 2 of us canadians, on klrs coming to ride for 5-8 days around utah/neighboring states. We need some route planning help. We like mostly dirt, like the white rim road. Did that last april on my ktm exc. We want to camp, explore, and are good riders. April 9th is the start of the trip and we will truck from canada to where ever we can start riding your warmer country. from salt lake city to moab, over to byrce, and zion would be our preferred route. Need to stay low enough from the snow line. Can you help me out and contact my email directly.
    Thanks Zoo
  9. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m trucking my DRZ400S to Moab in early May. The bike is very lean with a 4 gallon tank and knobbies. I am looking to do day rides, but can do an overnight with lightweight camping gear. My rider skills are intermediate.
  10. Val_on_the_Edge

Val_on_the_Edge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are planning to head back out there in mid-may. We are looking at shipping the bike from Montreal to Vegas. From there head towards Moab while visiting Zion, Bryce, Boulder, Burr Trail, Moab, a day on the White Rim and head back west. We would be making a sort of loop: Vegas-Moab-Yosemite-San Francisco-Los Angeles-Vegas. We ride twoup on a Vstrom.Hit me up if you want to possibly meetup somewhere. Cheers!
  11. Olde Phart

Olde Phart Olde Phart

Oddometer:
    I'll be in the area in April and May looking for riders to join up with. I'll be riding an Africa Twin and a CRF450L so will be riding the full combination of road, BDR segments and single-track.

April can still be wet 'n chilly with much snow remaining in the high country so I'll probably start down south around Hole In The Rock and then start working North up through Muley Point/Moki Dugway, Valley of The Gods, Canyonlands/Beef Basin, Moab, White Rim, Sovereign, White Wash, San Rafael Swell, Capitol Reef/Cathedral Valley and Woodside to finish things off.

I'll PM ya when I get closer and will also be trying to find riding companions in the Rockies forum so keep an eye peeled on it.

Good desert ridin' to ya!
    colberoni likes this.