Who we got for ADV riders in Atlantic Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bluenoser, Jun 3, 2010.

1. More_Miles

More_Miles ├╝ber-n00b

Oddometer:
    Woodstock NB here. I concur about Ozzie's being pricey. Growing up, it was a treat to go to Ozzie's and get a seafood platter. IMHO, while good there is better. Ad yes, I'm from Charlotte County!

I don't ride a dual sport, but the old Airhead has a healthy coating of dirt, and the only chrome are the dirt/dust covered mufflers! I'd be up for a gathering as well. Heading to Halifax for Canada Day then Cape Breton for the next two.

Cheers all!
  2. straight_8

straight_8 SM rims for KTM wanted

Oddometer:
    [/quote] I'm riding the first 2 weeks of september, doin' a CW LWU/R (QC-LAB-NF-NS-NB QC)....[/quote]

Im doing the same trip but am leaving baie comeau on the 26 Aug...Attending Skibums soiree in NFLD Sept 2nd.:freaky

I'm in the Annapolis Valley with a 640 ADV and would sure be up for a gathering...and not a Timmies one like the chrome guys do it.:deal
  3. Fundy Rider

Fundy Rider Where 2?

Oddometer:
    :wink: Just a thought on short notice but Atlanticade is happening this coming long weekend July 1st through the 4th in St. Andrews New Brunswick. I am just recently separated so live in a basement apt. but better than a tent with lots of floor space and I'll lead you on some rides so we can show up all dirty and show those chrome heads how a bike is supposed to be used.

I am 20kms from St. Andrews
  4. Serge LeMay

Serge LeMay Dirtmedic

Oddometer:
    Bury, Quebec, Center of the middle of nowhere
    A bunch of riders from the Soiree are going to come off the island in N Sydney and would probably like to meet the ones that available for some rides in the province...I for one, and for sure a couple of others:evil

I'll be leaving Sherbrooke (QC) on sept 1st... probably around the 9th or 10th i'll be in NS...Sooo...anyone interested PM me:deal
  5. WOLVERINE

WOLVERINE Keep her pinned!

Oddometer:
    I'm from NF, will be over your way around the 21-25 July and again doing the TLH in late Aug, probably with the Soiree bunch on LWU/A. I'm riding a GSA in July riding with a buddy on a Concours 14. Would love to meet anyone who's in the area for a coffee or whatever along the way.

Cheers!
  6. TREE

TREE Interloper

Oddometer:
    Lots of us here.
  7. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    Heading up for a couple weeks starting Monday. Hope to meet some of you guys along the way.

I used to Tall ship in the late 80's and had a couple friends on the Bluenose II.

Anybody know Bill Monroe out of White Head?
    he was the Bosun on the Bluenose back around 88-89..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597428

[​IMG][​IMG]
  8. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in Middleton with a K7 DL1000. I'm new to the DS thing and already have the scratches on the plastic to prove it! I came from riding an '07 Kaw Vulcan 900...but also have put over 55K on street bikes in the last three years.

Wife and kids put some constraints on riding..but usually they let me out to play.

C.
  9. Callahan71

Callahan71 Banned

Oddometer:
    Nice to see some other Maritimers here. I live 10 mins outside Saint John...anyone know of some decent trails out this way?

"I'll lead you on some rides so we can show up all dirty and show those chrome heads how a bike is supposed to be used."

Haha, the Timmies down by my house is full of chrome domes. I rolled in covered from head to toe after putting it down in a big mud hole the other day...got a few looks of disgust that's for sure :thumb
  10. VO1MX

VO1MX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm near the Gander River here in central Newfoundland. Lot's of other folks from around these parts on here as well.
  11. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    We had a great time ! Two weeks is not nearly enough. Cabot trail needs at least three days in easy Natl camp ground. We will bring folding kayaks next time
  12. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
    Well, there's a few of us from the Annapolis Valley, I'm in Kingsport just out of Wolfville and would be up for an Advrider bash for sure! (always assuming work doesn't get in the way)
  13. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you folks had a good trip and a safe one home. Sorry we didn't manage to meet up, but be sure to check in next time around :beer
  14. atlantic al

atlantic al DEEREMAN

Oddometer:
    Live in Waverley , outside of Halifax. Doing the TLH , Aug 20th with 3 others, on a 2000 1150gs 2 up. Would like to get together for anything you have planned. Thanks.
  15. Littlepeter

Littlepeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in Sydney, Cape Breton and ride a KLR650. Miles and miles of dirt roads here (Cape Breton Highlands). I have a few friends here with dual-sports also. A dual-sport rally would be a great idea.
  16. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    jrcool and I will be exploring your area from the Aug 30 to Sept 4th or so. Looking to catch up with some family history( the late Elizabeth Lefort was a relation by marriage, her husband a great uncle had something to do with one of the Bluenose ships somehow) and experience some more of our beautiful country. We'll likely head up to Meat Cove first and work our way south. I assume we will be safe to pick accomodations on the fly. We've never ventured this far from home( on the moto) and I'm not sure what we can do for distance in a day. I have assumed around 400miles but I don't want to overdo it and spoil a good time with the boy.

We ride an 1150GS loaded for most anything.

If you see us don't be afraid to wave:fyyff
    drcool
  17. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    You shouldn't have too much trouble picking up accommodations on the fly. Drop me a line if you get to the Halifax area. Have decently equipped garage if your in need of oil change or whatever.
  18. R_Rick

R_Rick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in Halifax. Presently ripping around on an 05 Thruxton

cheers,

Rick
  19. goulou67

goulou67 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    not very complicated here! the maritimes is not hard to figure out! their's no money ,no work ,and nothing to see,but you will meet the most friendly people around and always there to help when needed, the best scenery to drive a motorcycle trough and if something smells like shit! good chance it is shit!! or its rotten fish.:rofl have a good stay!!!!
  20. fastredbike

fastredbike locked-down tight

Oddometer:
    An ADV rally in the Maritime region would be great, why let the chromers have all the fun?:freaky
    looks like we should be talking about next season now, though. Somebody just needs to come up with a place and date. Or maybe a few suggestions for a vote?:deal
    d