Who we got for ADV riders in Atlantic Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bluenoser, Jun 3, 2010.

1. novaboy

novaboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm just outside Saint John as well. I have a BMW G650X-Country. Haven't been riding a whole lot other than to and from work. I'd be up for a ADV rally somewhere in the Maritimes.

I'm up for finding some logging roads, or trails in the Saint John area. We found a nice dirt road from St. Martins to Sussex last year.

2. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Sir Loin of Biff

Oddometer:
    Where the hell has this thread been?

Checking in: St. Stephen, NB. Riding a V-Strom.

Attached Files:

3. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
    Are any of you guys going to Digby this weekend for the wharf rat rally? I'll be there, only on my blue and gray Valkyrie. If you see me stop and talk I'd really like to meet you guys.
  4. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Moving Pics, I saw your bike yesterday outside the office! I would have stopped to say hi but was hammering to get home before dark after 5 days in New England.
  5. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Sir Loin of Biff

Oddometer:
    No problem. I gotta be more sociable.

I have a wealth of football games that will take me to Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton ... and a buncha university towns across the Maritimes. That will get me outta the house, fer sure!
  6. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well if they let you out of Province and your down Halifax way, look me up.
  7. bluenoser

bluenoser I'z da by that gets da UI

Oddometer:
    Well I unfortunately got called away for work for the summer, just getting back.... and it unfortunately looks increasing unlikely we can get something together for this year, but hopefully we can get something together for next year. Kind of like fastredbikes idea of just throwing out a few ideas and as the winter comes on maybe we can settle on something.
    I'm taking next summer off for sure so I'm up for anything.
    I would vote for something on a long weekend, place with some decent riding, maybe a bar handy, possibly corresponding with a Atlantic MX or ARL event.....
    Cheers
  8. Captainv

Captainv Barnacled

Oddometer:

Halifax.. recent trans-plant from Toronto.

XR650L
  9. hookeniggy

hookeniggy Good at getting lost

Oddometer:
    Fredericton, just got shipped in from Amsterdam, just exploring space ship earth
  10. hookeniggy

hookeniggy Good at getting lost

Oddometer:
    Oh forgot Super Tenere
  11. HellCat650

HellCat650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I'm in Quispamsis (outside Saint John).

The old KLR and I would be up for a get together sometime....
    Gotta get some stickers ordered (and start posting)

KLR650.net consumes too much of my time.

:beer

Matt
  12. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you named the thread "Atlantic Canada" to include us. Anyway, talking of rallies, I just hosted the second "Skibum Soiree" which I think was successful, there are threads running here and on our local forum, check 'em out.

We're looking at next year already and a change of venue to keep it interesting.

Work ruins my riding schedule more than I can tell you too but I try to ride my 640 Adventure and 525 Rally offroad.
  13. 7year

7year Professional spell cheker

Oddometer:
    Everybody keeps saying that we need to get togeather, but no one has given any ideas. Let me be the first, Mid August 2011, Iles de la Madeleine... Seems like a ADVenture to get there.
  14. yellowknife

yellowknife Is In Canada

Oddometer:
    I am interested in a gathering. Might I suggest a simple RV and let it see where it goes from there.

Yellowknife
    GS eh
  15. g r a n t

g r a n t Been here awhile

Oddometer:

agreed.
  16. g r a n t

g r a n t Been here awhile

Oddometer:

one of the most beautiful places on earth. but don't anyone...keep it a secret.
  17. Fundy Rider

Fundy Rider Where 2?

Oddometer:
    What do you think about the highest place in Atlantic Canada. Mount Carleton in New Brunswick. A Wonderful Park with a maze of old logging roads in the area. Plenty of opportunity to explore and a very well kept provincial park.:clap
  18. novaboy

novaboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mount Carlton would be a great place. Not that I've been there, but it looks nice in the pictures.
  19. Captainv

Captainv Barnacled

Oddometer:
    Something the Ontario lads used to do was meet up at a local food joint and discuss over some eats and beer. Off season bench racing and other BS stories are also on the menu.. Just a suggestion.
  20. Fundy Rider

Fundy Rider Where 2?

Oddometer:
    I threw this out yesterday to have the Rally at Mt. Carleton and have thought about it and would like to take the bull by the horns and say I'd be willing to do the organizing of the event. I have been up there a few times in the cage and on the bike and can honestly say it is a unique place and being the highest place in all of Atlantic Canada it seems fitting for the event.

My idea would be to seek some sponsorship, organize some rides, and take a general consensus on what we all would like and when the event could take place.

I don't want to step on any toes here and have never taken anything on like this before but the effort would be there and hope that some of you that have would step up and offer your experience.

I know we haven't come up with a place for this event and the jury is still out there but thought I would step up to the plate and see where that would go. Wherever it may be I'll be there. I just don't want us to go in circles too long and would like to see the event be what it could be. I know us Maritimers would have a good time if we met under a tree but it really could be something if we organize ourselves.

So there you go and looking forward to meeting all of you.:*sip*