Who we got for ADV riders in Atlantic Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bluenoser, Jun 3, 2010.

1. zaner32

zaner32 In over my head

Oddometer:
    :lol3

That reminds me, I gotta get fitted for and Arai XD again this year.:deal
  2. Fundy Rider

Fundy Rider Where 2?

Oddometer:
    I want to inform everyone that I have been offered a player/coaching job for hockey in New Zealand and since there seasons are opposite of ours I will be heading down in April and won't be returning until mid september.

I want to apologize for this. I played in Europe and bounced around in the minors but it has been seventeen years. My agent recieved a call and he thought of me. Emails were exchanged and it looks like I will be going.

I was really looking forward to this and I know alot of you were counting on me to help get this together.

I am really sorry about this but just can't let this opportunity go especially since I usually get laid off in the summer months.

If there is anything I could do don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck to all and if any of you may be heading to New Zealand get in contact with me through this forum.:cry
  3. Littlepeter

Littlepeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Best of luck. Keep your stick on the ice!

Peter
  4. zaner32

zaner32 In over my head

Oddometer:
    Really.... hockey in kiwiland??? good luck....

So who's left in NB to map out a route in the May, June timeframe?

I would lilke to connect Quebec to NS with the least amount of asphalt possible while not taking more than two easy days of riding.
  5. yellowknife

yellowknife Is In Canada

Oddometer:
    Hi

It Looks good for me to make it to this years motorcycle show so if anyone wants to meet up after the show for some discussions on an east coast ride let me know. I work the show then have time off on the evenings after the show. (not sure of the show hours?)

Yellowknife
  6. novaboy

novaboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you don't mind a dirt noob, tagging along, I'll see if I can make myself available for a couple of days. I'll have my new 450 to get used to riding.
  7. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:

This sounds fun, and if I can manage to get most of the important shit done early in the spring, I should have a fairly easy summer for riding as long as work doesn't get in the way. My better 3/4 works every other weekend and has a trip planned for us mid-July..so whenever.

When are you available?

Early September is always good.

What type of riding do you like?

I like the gravel. No single track, I'm still a dirt n00b so something that I won't kill myself on or wreck my ride. :huh

How many days are you looking at?

3 Days is usually pretty good...

What type of Accomodations do you prefer?

Like YellowKnife, I prefer the Ritz Carleton, but a nice cozy bed at the Marriott or Hampton Inn is nice too. I'm good with Camping, swinging in a Hammock or the Iron Butt Motel as well.

Can you offer or bring anything to the Rally? Either material or knowledge?

Just endless amounts of Bullshit, an Unrefined, Never Performed Stand Up Comedy Routine, a Sharp Wit and some of the Grossest Ambulance Stories you'll ever hear. If being a Paramedic helps...then that.

Will your good looking Wife or Girlfriend be attending? Keep ugly ones at home.

Ummm....no. My wife has a 30 mile ass. She sits on the bike for 30 miles and she's ready to go home. Best to leave her to look after the youngins...

:hide

Sounds like its going to be a bit o' fun!

C.
  8. yellowknife

yellowknife Is In Canada

Oddometer:
    That is so funny! :lol3

Give me a call sometime for a coffee C-Stain. Spring is just 2 or 3 months away.

Yellowknife

[​IMG]
  9. Fundy Rider

Fundy Rider Where 2?

Oddometer:
    Ya Really, I know It was hard to believe myself. They have had there pro league since 05. They are really looking for someone more for developmen t with the youth. Going to be hard leaving the big Katoom here and not be able to ride. Sorry again to all, and if any of you would like to meet before I go to help out with some ideas let me know.
  10. Kawazacky

Kawazacky Mad Typist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I'm living in Grand Bay-Westfield, just outside Saint John, NB.

I like this rally talk.
    I've been thinking of starting a small-displacement minimalist bike rally for some time now.* You guys wouldn't be interested in that, per se, but all this discussion will surely get something going.

I'd love to help organize something for bigger bikes, but I think the small rally, if we go ahead, will take most of my time. HOWEVER, I may be able to attend for at least part of a bigger rally, if work doesn't interfere (which it almost assuredly will).

I think you guys should see if you can get the Mainers on board with this too. Get Maine to come, then it's Boston, then the world, if the riding's good enough! (and our province sure has a lot to offer).

*And I think there's going to be some sort of group ride in July on a NB-PEI-NS loop, probably running roads all day on small-to-medium displacement bikes, scouting out for a full-blown rally next year.
  11. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    check out the cross canada trail thread-the TCAT is in development
  12. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM or Email me your number again. My Netbook took a crap, replaced my desktop and my iPhone doesn't keep email forever and I don't remember where I wrote your digits down.
  13. zaner32

zaner32 In over my head

Oddometer:
    Currently in conversation with Deadly99 about a NB portion.:D
  14. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm doing the NL section:D
  15. Al in NB

Al in NB A Proud 99%er

Oddometer:
    Hey folks
    Thought I would finally break the ice and say hello after creeping around here for the last year.
  16. Fundy Rider

Fundy Rider Where 2?

Oddometer:
    We talked last year about a possible rally and started to have some momentum. I was the one willing to try to put something together but ended up in New Zealand.

I won't be going there this summer and like the idea of a possible meet and greet rally with some riding.

Just putting it out there to see if there is any desire to meet.
  17. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
    The desire for a meet is still there, I think the guys in the Annapolis Valley would like to see something happen:clap
  18. kelsow

kelsow Long timer

Oddometer:
    As well as a few of us from the Halifax area.
  19. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    +1 coming out of Hfx
  20. Sawdoc

Sawdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A meet of any type sounds good to me , i will keep watching the thread

Sawdoc