Who will be the GS Giant?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Visian, May 4, 2011.

1. Visian

Visian Look out! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Registration is open through this week!

if you're a slacker, you can still get onto the track at the rally, but we need to know how much beer to get for the Gypsy Tour.

We are talking a 100+ pound roasted steamship round of beef for dinner Sunday night. stuffed with garlic, basted with extra-virgin olive oil.
    Sausage or metaball sandwiches the next night. and BBQ pork, chicken, brisket and sweet corn the third.

oh, and breakfasts....

:eat

...oh, and handcrafted beer. :freaky
    (but not at breakfast, unless you insist)

[​IMG]

2. Newstar

Newstar Adventurer

Oddometer:

Because the cheap slutty stuff just won't do! :D
  3. Newstar

Newstar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hellloooooooo, Giants!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I know youÂ’ve all been waiting (somewhat) patiently and the time has almost arrived!<o:p></o:p>
    The Big Giant Boss has finished tweaking and scorebooks will be emailed out today/tonight. Please refer to the email address you used when you registered. Instructions for printing and downloading accompanying information will be included. Please read carefully!<o:p></o:p>
    Another announcement will be send once all scorebooks are emailed.<o:p></o:p>
    Enjoy your day!<o:p></o:p>
    Mistress Scorekeeper<o:p></o:p>
  4. lineman29

lineman29 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can drink a fair share myself.:slurp Might want to add an extra for me.:D

...a little Perc E Bust maybe? :freaky
    ( Ok, I insist)
  5. AnyDay

AnyDay Wants more time off

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to see the action and hear some tales. My GS and I are in time out while recovering from an 'oops', but I'll be volunteering at the MOA rally. See you there, hit some dirt for me!
  6. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast BDR ambassador Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  7. wizze

wizze Wizze = Wise

Oddometer:
    Dude you got screwed. That map is printed backwards or did it come with a free mirror? :lol3
  8. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast BDR ambassador Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good old Baldy and his SmugMug...he's got plenty of fix-it tools. :1drink

9. LtDan

LtDan I'm going home

Oddometer:
    Only got a few commitments at this point, I think once we're at the rally and see the track and the opportunity to take the MSF Dirt Bike Course there will be more interest in some light bikes. We have set the cut off date 1 week from today, Friday, July 15th as the go or no go date. So help us get the word out so we can make this happen.
    We plan on bringing the following bikes-
    2- Suzuki DR 200's
    1- Suzuki DR 650
    1- Kawasaki KLX250S
    1- Yamaha WR 250R

Rates are $110 for full day, $50 for 2 hours sessions on track Fri. and Sat., plus Taxes.

Please give me a call with any questions.

Thanks,
    Dan
  10. Happycamper

Happycamper Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer:
    Dan,

If you have those bikes there I will take a 250 out just to see what they are like compared to my 650.

Eric
  11. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would think you will get a great demand. I know my wife wants training (and needs it...yeh me too :lol3), at this point there are just way too many things going on to know how, when and where to commit. My guess is out of 8,000 folks there will be a bunch who would love it. Put me down for some sessions which I will be happy to pay for even if we end up not having time to actually use them. Having that option is just too good to pass up.

Thanks,
  12. Visian

Oddometer:
    Hey Kaos - I've given Lt. Dan a heads up and you should be hearing from him.

It's hard to plan ahead, but Dan needs to know that he'll not lose his as if he trailers all these bikes.

Tight times... hard to stick your neck out but I bet at these prices, there would be a lot of impulse purchases. :deal

13. Visian

Oddometer:
    Registration for the GS Giant Events is now CLOSED.

Thanks to all who preregistered... we are going to be pretty busy up in PA.

But you can still get in on the action at the rally by signing up at the GS Giant area, located inside the racetrack. Or... if you're a last minute Gypsy Tourist, show up at The Forest Lodge on Sunday, July 17 and get signed up there.

One ride that is closed out is the big dog ride through the Black Dakar.....

You don't have to be a member of the BMW MOA to participate, but you do have to register for the rally. You can ride whatever you want... orange, green, yellow, blue, red... just bring it.

Hope to see you there!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2naCgekvvAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
  14. Visian

Oddometer:
    We have wimps taking the easy path by racking up points on the PA 4-corners tour.

C'mon adventurers heading in from around the planet... you're bigger dogs than that!

15. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Giants and Gypsies:

The link below is to a Garmin based map of less-paved routes that were prepared for approaches to (1) the Rally site from Thurmont MD, and (2) Marienville from Thurmont MD, Conowingo MD, Valley Forge PA and Green Spring WV. There were researched and ridden for the Gypsy Tour, but they didn't make it into print.* They are in .gdb format, using Mapsource 6.16.3 and City Navigator NA NT maps 2012.1. I guarantee they'll be fun, with water crossings and plenty of off-pavement in the mountains.

Whether you're going to Bloomsburg or Marienville, or both, use part of these routes to catch more BS Points while digging around in Pennsylvania's forests.

Also check out the adventure tours in your scorebook, which has more approach routes to the Rally site and the Gypsy Tour site.

Fred

Go to
    this BMWMOA forum post to upload the file.
  16. DAKRIDER

DAKRIDER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <h2><a href="http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view?trip_id=265183">GS Giant four corners run</a></h2> <object width="400" height="300" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab"><param name="movie" value="http://www.spotadventures.com/swf/spot/widget.swf"/><param name="FlashVars" value="units=english&mode=1&key=ABQIAAAAo2DXVdg4aCTpANH9-rZLZBQc1cmDkVDuu24mH3cz6NMnkWfnQRTE9-38lo3U1aGK6bV89gulZy_Mhg&tripId=265183&startLat=39.74896&startLon=-76.07019&mapType=Map&"><embed src="http://www.spotadventures.com/swf/spot/widget.swf" quality="high" width="400" height="300" FlashVars="units=english&mode=1&key=ABQIAAAAo2DXVdg4aCTpANH9-rZLZBQc1cmDkVDuu24mH3cz6NMnkWfnQRTE9-38lo3U1aGK6bV89gulZy_Mhg&tripId=265183&startLat=39.74896&startLon=-76.07019&mapType=Map&" play="true" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object><br/><a href="http://www.spotadventures.com" >Share your Adventures with SpotAdventures</a>
  17. AltRider

AltRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We're glad to be a part of the GS Giant event schedule this year, and look forward to meeting some inmates at the rally.

If you haven't already registered for AltRider's 2nd Annual Giant Loop Adventure Ride, there's still time. A route planned in conjunction with locals, a catered lunch, and video screening of the highlights on Thursday night... a lot of fun, and it's all free.

<object width="560" height="349">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yCi26rwCUc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></object>
    Our last ride was on the Olympic Peninsula.

We're asking you to register through our site so we can contact you if anything changes last minute, and so we have an accurate head count for the lunch. Hope we see you in Bloomsburg!
  18. dahnovka

dahnovka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i did order ride on a website - does this counts as register?
  19. AltRider

AltRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dahnovka, that does count as register. Glad to hear we'll be seeing you on the ride.
  20. Newstar

Newstar Adventurer

Oddometer:

Alaine, is this you???