Who's doing Sheetiron this year?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by mootsuno, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Mendodave

Mendodave Road Scholar

Oddometer:
    Have fun! We fly out of SFO to Heathrow tomorrow night, I will be thinking of youse at the Pub, damn you all will be thirsty!

Mad Dog is here, watching my house while I am away, I am sending him up to party with you on Saturday. He is too much of a pussy to ride his 1150 Adventure...he is itching to spend money this weekend on a R12GS

OK, maybe his tires are bald...but I always hear excuses...

Bring dustmasks! the water crossings will be high and cold!

I will see you FF's at next year's SI300

psssssst: lower air pressure.....

Mendo
  2. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    More annoying little bugs than skeeters, but they hang out up there too.
    Lots of flies over there when it's hot.

No molesting the livestock either.:D
  3. ed_de_winters

ed_de_winters Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Regretably, can't make it. Let me know if you need a number. Ed 530.219.6399
  4. Nixels

Nixels Face fears - live life

Oddometer:
    :eek1 First you ain't going, then you is. And now yer gonna go over to England and drink warm beer. :scratch I don't git you Mendo boys at all. But that's ok, I's only interested in the wimmin's up that way. :deal :lol3

Have fun!

Pssst: lower expectations as you increase alcohol consumption. :pot
  5. SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro Proper Naughty

Oddometer:
    Last minute battery change. My adventure has already begun... :eek1
  6. mootsuno

mootsuno Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    DaveBro should be here any minute and we're off.:clap
    I think when we arrive we'll have to take a dip in East Park Res.
    See everybody there!

Dean
    mootsuno
  7. WeeBee

WeeBee Proud Deplorable

Oddometer:
    Currently 101 in Stonyford (3pm) - it's supposed to cool down tomorrow though

:hide

by about 2 degrees :knary
  8. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    Just ride real fast until you reach Navarro.:pynd
  9. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    Anyone who's taking a big pyg (Big GS) with GPS; save your track's. PM or post them. Id be interested in riding this at a later point in time with my U-Boat!
  10. MightyZeus

MightyZeus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i was going to remain close lipped but ... who you callin a hooch? :gyro
  11. MightyZeus

Oddometer:
    all you going on the sheet iron - have fun. damn it, beginning to regret not going. hope you all stay hydrated and enjoy the ride.

fort bragg should be nice and cool

xo
  12. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    HA HA HA HA.....MONGO JUST GOT PUNKED!!!!!:clap
  13. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    Our Sheetiron was over Friday at high noon. Spent the next 12 hours sweating to death trying to recover the sidecar rig. A banged up leg and a scraped arm, but we're okay. I'll let Megan tell you guys the full story in 'Face Plant' later. She's pretty much okay and can bear weight on her left leg, but it looks pretty rough. We're going to take her in Monday and have X-rays taken to make sure it's okay.

[​IMG]

Edit: Thanks to all those that helped us or tried to help us...I know you're all out in the dust cloud, but thank you all.:thumb
  14. WeeBee

WeeBee Proud Deplorable

Oddometer:
    Oh Man - that sucks, Rob. Glad you two made it thru as good as you did and hope closer inspection to Megan reveals no serious damage.
  15. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

Thanks, Dave. She wants to get a screen name and tell the story herself, so I won't go into detail. The leg looks bad enough to go see the doc, plus she'll need a doctors note to avoid an F in PE at school...she needs every credit she can get.
  16. MightyZeus

Oddometer:
    well, let's hope that's the worst that happens.... it's hot out. i can only imagine the severity of the dirt 'staches going on bout now.
  17. WeeBee

WeeBee Proud Deplorable

Oddometer:
    Hey Suz

Just noticed your post about getting the bike next week. I'm just down the street if you need a anchor to drag behind you on a ride - my little TA would probably hardly keep up with your shiny new precious :ricky
  18. Nixels

Nixels Face fears - live life

Oddometer:
    Landed in Ft. Bragg! It was a fun day - just a little hot :hair. :poser :poser :poser

DaveBro and mootsuno led 7 of us through the trax. We got to a snow-closed trail and we had to take a hard split for about fifty miles (well maybe it was all of 5, but felt like 50). Nobody got hurt - just banged up a little.

gweaver - a total n00b in the dirt, did a great job of staying with it. Those steep rutted single-track trails we hit were quite challenging. Without Dean (mootsuno) and Dave's calm leadership, we'd have been sunk.

Thanks to Greg Creech - he did a great job helping out - and he wasn't part of our group!

Now for food, so I'll write more later.

Rob: I'm glad ya'll made it back - and I look forward to Megan's report in Face Plant. :clap :clap :clap
  19. Miss Adventure

Miss Adventure I left my fear behind me

Oddometer:
    :ksteve Thanks for the help loading the sidecar. It was nice meeting you and hope to be there next year.
  20. SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro Proper Naughty

Oddometer:
    I was battling with a bizarre buzzing tach and zeroed clock problem on Friday resulting in a last minute battery replacement that still didn't fix the problem. I made the decision to chance it and left home at 3:30 and got stuck in nasty rush hour traffic leaving Fremont on Niles Canyon road. I was hoping that the battery just needed a good charge.

After 45 minutes of bumper to bumper with very limited lane splitting options I started to get cold chills despite constantly drinking from my camel back. Being close to Pleasanton I made an early pit stop to re-hydrate and was freaked out by the electrical problem that wasn't going away, with a bad alternator being a possibility looming in my mind.

My fun level had dropped rapidly and with concerns over heat exhaustion and electrical issues I made the decision to bail. Not something I take lightly... after all 99% of life is showing up but it just wasn't worth putting myself at risk over. I will take the heat issue into account next time I plan a trip and use it to build a better picture of my capabilities.

After some digging on F650.com I found I needed to replace my 10A fuse. A five minute job that I could have done before I left! Just been on a shakedown ride and life is good:D

I hope everyone had a lot of fun, I am really looking forward to seeing the ride report and also coming out on more rides. Just not when it is over 95. :eek1

Trasko, please accept my apologies for not bringing the roll chart holder. I hope you were able to score one.