1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Who's doing Sheetiron this year?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by mootsuno, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dadd

Dadd Just another AARGHRider

Oddometer:
    Went there
    Did it.
    Got the shirt.

Wasn't able to detect the ADV group, but had a great time.

Prolly go again next year if any of you FF's wanna go.
  2. 8Superman

8Superman Shut up and RIDE!!

Oddometer:
    Someone can give you a roll chart to follow!! :D
  3. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    Roll chart....hmmm....that sounds like a LOT of work to use. Besides....I have NO intention of 'rolling' my bike. :1drink
  4. trasko

trasko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SenorPeligro: well my lady and I had one problem after another when leaving (and on the way) and didn't even ARRIVE to Stonyford until 10am on Sat. I looked for you but figured everyone was out. We hit the pavement and hauled butt to Ukiah to try and catch up to everyone. I scored the last roll chart holder at Ukiah Honda (the meet-up location) and was able to finish the days ride from there. Thanks anyway!

Due to draggin ass each day I did most of the ride by myself and I now realize every one of my pictures is just of the bike...

~trasko
  5. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    Still hacking up dirt
    Still blowing blood/dirt out of my nose
    Still trying to get dirt out of my bloodshot eyes
    Hands are raw and red
    Wrists are stiff and sore
    Lower back is stiff and sore

The conditions sucked, but damn that was fun :freaky
  6. michaeln

michaeln What're YOU lookin' at? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure was!
  7. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Hi all the riders who went to Sheetiron!:clap

Did you get a chance to check out the old photos that the OMC hung from the easyups? The photos were of the Sheetiron Mountain run from 1956 and there were at least two OMC members at the dual sport rally who were in thos photos. You know that guy who is always in the front of the line next to the peanuts? That was Mark Norris in his orange OMC t-shirt and he was in the photo of the 1950's riders having their picnic lunch after a day of racing up Sheetiron mountain old-school-style using their modified, heavy street bikes. Ask him about that next time you are in line.

I was the one took the digital photos and I need to let the early riders know that I was not sure about the memory space and the battery time on the camera I was borrowing so I went sparringly on the photos for you. :cry The later riders had more shots because I had more battery than expected. they also had better lighting on their faces in the afternoon sun. :1drink You'll notice that some of the faces are dark. Well, It's really hard to get the white background banner in the picture and control the exposure on the darker parts of the picture. If anyone who is a pro at this would like to give me tips on how to fix the camera to get the exposure right, please let me know via a private email.:wink:

You can access the photos on smugmug by visiting our www.oaklandmc.org site and hit the photos link and after that, you can check out our next event like for our "Three Bridge Run" for you street riders. The few later arrival riders are on another camera and I'll work on getting those shots in the same file later in the week. I have saved pictures from smugmug by clicking on the largest file setting for the particular picture and then right-clicking to "save picture as" to my computer files. Just remember where you saved it to on your computer. :eek1 :D

We would like to thank all the riders who came to our fundraiser event and hope that you had a good time. Would you like to give feedback? We want your positive feedback and suggestions for making it better. Please email us on our site with your suggestions.

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
  8. michaeln

Oddometer:
    Martin, thanks so much for hauling my bike and me up there and back and letting me be part of your crew. This was an epic adventure I will never forget!

Only took a couple pics. This is me and my buddy Mike posing with our KLRs up at the summit of Mendocino Pass road, about 6800 feet according to the Zumo:

[​IMG]
  9. DaveBro

DaveBro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fer future reference.
  10. skwidd

Oddometer:
  11. chrisBTSC

chrisBTSC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AWESOME!
  12. skwidd

Oddometer:
    Did anybody else get passed by the jackoff in the ricer with the flames on it, he went by us at at least a buck ten:

HA-HA!

[​IMG]
  13. skwidd

Oddometer:
    We could have gone by him a lot faster, but we were nice.

[​IMG]
  14. michaeln

Oddometer:
    That car was waiting to cross right after I went through there. Did she make it? I did, but it wasn't pretty.
  15. Superhunk

Superhunk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    People who witnessed the submerging of the U-boat, said he didn't just slowly motor through and stall, he drove fast and presumably all the water took out the electrical.
  16. michaeln

Oddometer:
    I thought the car driver was a woman... At least when I crossed the car hadn't attempted fording the creek yet, and I thought I saw a woman at the wheel.
  17. Superhunk

Superhunk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Possibly. When I went by, it was stuck, and a long haired dude was bailing water out of it. I probably didn't look close enough.

Although, I could make a joke about a woman driver and the result.... :rofl
  18. CNCJake

CNCJake SlaX0r

Oddometer:
    Did anyone mention that Saturday was HOT!?:eek1

Well I had a great time. I bailed off the hard splits after a couple bike pick ups; and dehydration set in. The faster speeds of the easy splits were heavenly! Although I had a blast chucking the 950 around on the hard stuff.

Dust dust and more dust!

My friend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn express. Had dinner and beers and Pizza Piacis.
    Saturday I had to bail out when I got to laytonville and noticed my radiator fan had died. Went back to Ukiah, while my friend continued to Stoneyford to get my truck.:cry

I hear I did'nt miss much. I had a great time too!
  19. CNCJake

CNCJake SlaX0r

Oddometer:
    Oakland MC took a picture of me before I left:
    [​IMG]
  20. XCELR8

XCELR8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files: