who's going to alaska this summer and when?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by booger, Feb 12, 2003.

1. booger

booger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey,

I am going back to Alaska/Canada this summer and was wondering who else is considering the trip and when. I'm looking to possibly hook-up for part or all of the trip. i'm looking to do as little of the alcan as possible (been there done that), and focus on secondary roads.

If you have an interest pmail me or follow this topic to where ever it gets moved to...

later.
  2. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    I may do it. I'm pretty flexible on times but I have to flog my 350 which shouldn't be too hard, first before I buy hopefully an XR650L.

I'm in Vancouver BC area. Haven't done this trip before but am experienced at dirt riding, camping etc.
  3. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Check in the "over the top hop" thread and check the dates for a group of Alaska riders going to Dawson City, YT in June. I know that we're going the wrong way for you, but it's a blast! Have a Dawson dog, a beer:1drink and shoot the poop with us. Hope to see ya there.
  4. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I believe it's July 11 & 12 in Houston, AK. I'll be helping coordinate the rally ride for that and I'm thinking that something tailored toward a GS'rs interest would go over well.

There's a perfect spot for a GS ride in that area too.

We'll see.
  5. OUtback UFO

OUtback UFO GLOW IN DARK SPACEINVADER

Oddometer:
    I am planning if business lets me to head up this summer... though i will be going to Pudue bay and then ride over to Innvikki, NWT, then over to Yellowknife. Though i might go up in May even if there is stil snow... just get studded knobbies. Did find a road that goes through the McKenzie River Valley that is only open in wintertime.... thought now that would be an adventure with full blow spiked tires... just would have to be able to get the bike to start in -30F weather is all...

Most likely i will head up in June
  6. Caribou Aqua Buddha

Caribou Aqua Buddha Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like July, but it would be fun to meet up with the Farfegnugen's in Dawson on the 20th of June. Early August would be good, but the wife will probably want to go to Sturgis then. So I do not know. Probably will have to do some DS rides in eastern Oregon this spring, to hold me over till summer. Bentspoke