Who's planning on coming to Kodiak for Labor Day?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by kodiakfrank, Jul 11, 2009.

1. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    Crystal River, where the swamp gas rises.
    :baldy
  2. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
    You can have him!
  3. CappyRidesAgain

CappyRidesAgain Nom nom nom

Oddometer:
    They bribed me with tea and delicious cobbler
  4. Spicy McHaggis

Oddometer:
    :ymca
  5. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    So the long-term weather forecast for the weekend looks promising (what's that worth around here again?)...

Do we non-mainland trash want to attempt a planning meeting again?

-Eric.
  6. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    Wow, I hint at organization and it sure gets quiet in here
    :ear
  7. Spicy McHaggis

Oddometer:
    I think Frank is on the mainland this week. I'm around but am busy with parents in town. Suggest we try and get together Wed or Thur after work for a few minutes.

Need to figure out who is bringing/doing/providing what on Sunday.
  8. ColininKodiak

ColininKodiak (not in Kodiak)

Oddometer:

I think most of us are escaping the island this week, it'll give us a better appreciation when we return. :freaky I hope I can get back in time to get to the brewery. I should be back sometime Saturday, shooting for earlier so I won't be exhausted.
  9. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    My sched is flexy.
    If anyone wants to name a time/place, I can be there.

If there's still talk about about getting crab from processors in town, we'll need to decide soon, don't want to wind up SOL-- unless'n you CG guys have have a sweet deal at the commissary I don't know about (tho' last time I was in there, their king was actually <gak> Russian, not local).
  10. ColininKodiak

Oddometer:
    Looks like I get in at 7:30PM Saturday, the brewery closes at 7PM :cry Anyone know if they are going to be open special for the weekend? They're usually closed sunday. If someone doesn't mind getting a few growlers I can reimburse you Sunday. I was thinking of getting 3 or 4 growlers. Wing Nut, Sarah Pale, North Pacific and Liquid Sunshine. If not I'll pick up some other good craft/mircobrews from Safeway or Big Al's before heading out Sunday AM. I got a good bottle of Scotch (comes from an island off the coast of Scotland, that, oddly enough has a lot of nutty riders and general wacky people, I thought it was only fitting) down here in FL I'd be more than happy to share with anyone so inclined. When you guys have your meeting let me know and if anyone has any special requests for anything for me to pick up here in FL I'm here 'til Friday night.
  11. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    Just 3 or 4? :freaky
  12. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Kristin and I are excited about the ADV road trip to Kodiak to meet the Crusty Coasties and have fun riding and socializing with them! :clap However, we have one request. Since we are fragile females with delicate sensibilities, we would prefer to be referred to as Mainland Biker Scum Fine Folks instead of the other verbiage. :D Kristin and I will probably be some of the few people getting off the ferry with bikes, but for ID purposes, Kristin rides a KLR and I ride a DR and we both have blonde ponytails. Kristin’s ponytail is longer than mine, but I don’t have ‘tail envy because in this instance length doesn’t matter. :wink: I let one of my kids know where I am going in case I need to call on him to rescue me or pay bail.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    We’re spending the night at a friend’s house on Saturday but we’re also bringing our tents so we can camp out somewhere Sunday evening. After we get unpacked Saturday evening and change clothes, we’ll be ready for a night on the town. Kristin and I will try our best to provide some worthy competition to the “two-legged sea lions” out on the dance floors. :rilla Maggie, with her humongous ASSets, can help clear out a BIG space for us to dance in. Hopefully Cappy can find some pleasant (single) dance partners for us, that don’t dress in drag. Kristin is also bringing her fishing gear as she LOVES to fish, and she would be VERY happy to go out fishing on a boat if that’s possible. (I know, females can be so demanding at times, but we're worth it...):lol3
    <o:p></o:p>
    I spoke with Nordkapper about some trip details, including camping. For some reason he sounded rather excited about camping (alone) on a quiet beach with a couple of single, blonde females and also “sleeping with us” on the ferry ride home. He is out on the road now and hopefully won’t read this before (or after) I see him again, but Kristin and I can endeavor to make sure he has some memorable experiences. :nod
    For example, Nordkapper mentioned proper food storage to avoid problems with huge, unfriendly bears. Kristin and I can pretend to be afraid of hiking in bear country and graciously “allow” him to be heroic and gather firewood for a big campfire. Meanwhile we can secretly hide our food in his tent while he’s gone. Since it’s fun playing jokes on Cheechakos, we can plan a snipe hunt for the rare and elusive “Great Tufted Horned Spectacled Snipe” that frequents Kodiak Island. We’ll be nice and allow Nordkapper to take his headlamp and bear spray with him as he hunts this mysterious bird for photographic purposes. While he’s engaged in this worthwhile pursuit, we can move our tents much farther away from his so we don’t have to worry about the food secretly stored in his tent. I’m sure he’ll get LOTS of restful sleep! :thumb

As for the ferry ride home, I almost always carry extra duck tape with me as it comes in very handy. If Nordkapper doesn’t behave himself, Kristin and I can call on Maggie and her tremendous ASSets to help us subdue Nordkapper so we can wrap him up in duck tape to ensure we get a peaceful, undisturbed night’s sleep. I feel sorry for Nordkapper if he snores because we can take care of that with duck tape too. :D I bet lots of ADV riders can’t wait to ride and camp with Kristin and I after reading this. :rofl
    Frank, Spicy and /or Cappy, I’ll PM you Kristin’s phone # so you can contact us. Cappy, unfortunately I can't bring cobbler over to Kodiak with me, but I can make some at my friend's house to bring to the BBQ, if there's interest.

----Amy
  13. Spicy McHaggis

Oddometer:
    When you guys get off the ferry, just look for an Arctic Camo Ural...that'll be me. Probably parked across the road from where the ferry ramp is.

Frank is big fat and ugly...and draws attention to himself by wearing a bright yellow riding jacket. I'm tall, extremely muscular and well built, with debonair looks and a ravishing personality. I wear a yellow ICON vest over my jacket.

Seeya soon!
  14. ColininKodiak

Oddometer:
    Hey what about the rest of us Island Folk? If you guys see an obnoxious yellow land rover heading through town tomorrow night flag me down as I'll be on my way home from my 2 week(work related) relaxation trip in FL. I guess I'll just call Frank or check this thread for where to meet you guys. I may be ridiculously exhausted when I get back, but I'll be ready to roll come Sunday. :clap
  15. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    None of those attributes are associated with an E-7

as for me: I'm tall, extremely muscular and well built, with debonair looks and a ravishing personality. I wear a yellow ICON vest over my jacket. Also, my KLR has a red nose and rod holders.
  16. MaggieR

MaggieR Morbidly Obese

Oddometer:
    Ohhh, I can hardly wait. :crash I wanna show off all my ASSets too.

BTW - is there a good place to get Cheetos in Kodiak? :dg

Maggie :babe
  17. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to think I'll stay home!
    :eek1
  18. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Heck, now I'm even more excited about coming to Kodiak to meet these tall, muscular, debonair blah blah blah men. I may even bring a comb and clean clothes so I look halfway presentable. :D Kristin and I may just have to stay a few extra days!

BTW - I have a degree in B.S. (public relations) so it's kind of hard to BS a professional BS'er, but you guys are extremely talented at it. Now I know why Cappy works in "Morale."

So Cappy, what kind of rod do your rod holders hold? Kristin's KLR has an interesting color scheme as her bike is a '93 or '94.

---Amy
  19. Spicy McHaggis

Oddometer:
    That's right, punk. I'm a Chief, not an E-7!

:lol3
  20. ColininKodiak

Oddometer:
    Ask him about the secret initiation. :ymca