Who's planning on coming to Kodiak for Labor Day?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by kodiakfrank, Jul 11, 2009.

1. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    You weren't suppose to figure that out. :bluduh Your ass is grass and we are the lawnmower. Remember I told you we out number you. WE've got your number. You better head for the hills.
  2. CappyRidesAgain

CappyRidesAgain Nom nom nom

Oddometer:

:D
  3. MaggieR

MaggieR Morbidly Obese

Oddometer:
    I'd like to come along. That way we "mainland BIKER scum" would not only have you outnumbered - we would outweigh you too. :lol3 I could even wear my new bikini. I sewed it myself... out of an old circus tent. :yikes
  4. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    hey, big gurlz need luvin too
  5. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Today I learned I may be in for a very exciting, first-ever ferry ride! I invited a friend to join us in Kodiak and he said he had NO interest whatsoever in riding on the Tustamena again as it crosses the ocean and sometimes the weather is really bad and the waves get high and choppy and lots of people get seasick and throw up all over the place. Sounds quite inviting. :knary My friend said he didn't want to do that again (the chicken). However, some guys from Kodiak I chatted with at lunch told me that normally the ferry trip is generally okay in summer. So, I guess If I'm green when I show up in Kodiak, you'll know the ferry ride wasn't very pleasant. I was also warned I probably shouldn't sleep out in the recliners on the deck on the return ride home, but the guys wouldn't say exactly why. I thought it would be kind of cool to sleep out there, hearing the sounds of the ocean and feeling the breezes, in a warm sleeping bag, of course!
  6. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Hey Maggie, if you bring your bikini, let me know and I'll make a new one for myself out of an old blue tarp. We could be quite stylish!
  7. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah. My one and only trip to Kodiak on the Trusty Tusty was like that. They had to close the dining room down because dishes were sliding off the tables, and people were getting up and leaving in a hurry without stopping to pay for their meals. :puke2

As a matter of fact, I went back to my cabin a little green around the gills. Swells and waves don't bother me on a small boat when I can get out into the fresh air, but on a big boat that rolls slowly - ain't so comfy. BTW - that was in July, so summer is no guarantee.

There - that make you feel better? :rofl
  8. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    They're poofs, ignore them-- on an overnight ya find a nice spot, pitch the tent (optional), roll out the Thermarest, and bed down; the view, breeze, sounds, and motion make for sound sleep . Save for the really nasty weather (where you can simply move to the solarium or take refuge indoors), Tusty deck camping is wonderful!

EDIT> My wife just chimed in that she loves it too-- and I doubt we're considered 'hardcore' campers by anyone. She adds this little secret, Make sure you take advantage of the public shower on the upper deck-- it's amazing how many people don't know about it.

-Eric.
  9. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    HayDuchess

Alcan rider got a cabin for the three of us scum bikers. I won't need a birth so I will be the first to offer you my place. I think the trip will be as smooth as riding my little piggy.

Frank: You have my sympathy in regards to your migraines. I can understand why you may get them with some of the rif raf and low life island inhabidands you have to tolerate. I was going to say slime but don't want to drop to someone else's level. Of course I have no names in mind.:lol3
  10. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    His migrain was worsened when he ran into me today :kboom
  11. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    I can understand that:rofl

By the way you are not only outnumbered and now out wieghed and this is only the beginning. Duchess and I are working out some details. He he he.:clap
  12. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    dont mess with me, I have an anchor!
    [​IMG]
  13. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    That's not going to do you any good at all. :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 On 2nd thought maybe we could tie it you.................nevermind.
  14. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    well somebody's not coming fishing....:smile6
  15. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Guess I'll just have to ride my piggy around the rock. Such punishment:lol3
  16. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    Crystal River, where the swamp gas rises.
    You forgot to tie that around your neck.:deal
  17. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Me and Duchess will help him with that. :rofl :clap
  18. kodiakfrank

Oddometer:
    I'll drive the boat!

:freaky
  19. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good plan to me. :freaky :clap Hey Cappy have you noticed even your own has turned on you. The hill's are awaiting you, better hurry, time's running out.
  20. kodiakfrank

Oddometer:
    If the milkman had just wore a condom we wouldn't have to deal with Cappy now.:deal

:lol3