1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Who's running the new MotoZ Tractionator Adventure tires on their LC8?

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by Greg@RME, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Greg@RME

Greg@RME Weekend Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've ran a few different tires on my 990 Adventure (TKC80, Heidenau, Dunlop 908, etc) and still haven't found a perfect all around tire for my uses yet. A friend mentioned the new MotoZ Tractionator Adventure and I had to check them out.

I had ran their Desert H/T on a previous KTM 690 Enduro and it seemed like a good DOT knobbie that would last long, but it howled like crazy. The rubber compound was pretty hard, but still had great traction on road and off. MotoZ claims it's a natural rubber compound, making it last longer and hook up better.

I ended up ordering a set of their Adventure tires after reading here, sounds like these tires don't howl like the Desert H/T and they should last quite awhile. - http://xladv.com/reviews/product/788-motoz-tractionator-adventure-15070-18/
    I got mine from Pacific Powersports, in Temecula, CA. Brian and the guys were easy to work with, they recently got a container of MotoZ tires so they *should* have plenty for awhile. Pricing for my tires was $89.99 for the 90/90-21 and $179.99 for the 150/70-18.

http://pacificpowersports.info/

I'm planning on getting them on the bike later this week and hope to use this thread to update how they work out, miles out of them, etc.

Anyone else running these?

Here's some unmounted pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

goodcat likes this.
  2. dave186

dave186 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They look awesome, Im going to order a set for a trip in april!
  3. Rodknee

Rodknee the post is mightier than the sword...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

they look promising. i am looking forward to a review... :ear:-)
  4. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    back in France but Soul still in North America
    In the link you provide I read
    "I prefer the Desert HT for deep loose gravel and MUD"
    This is not encouraging!
    I had Desert HT, 3 or 4 of them (price was 75$ each) and their quality were not seen in the mud, at all

I don't like the pattern of the front tire, IMO mud will not get out fast but I'll try the rear
  5. tsiou

tsiou Ninja

Oddometer:
    R E V I E W ! :D
  6. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really like the tread profile on the rear, but the front looks like it would be a very sketchy tire. I'd like to try the rear, I just wish the price was a little better......for now I'm just sticking with the shinko 805, just over $110 for a rear tire.
  7. enzodude

enzodude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Going to put 500 off road miles on a rear this weekend. Will see how it compares to the MEFO.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  8. fourthree

fourthree Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Supposed to get mine today, just got the rear. Going to pair with a tkc front.
    chevtech likes this.
  9. ncj01

ncj01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In for updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im in for updates as well. I am seriously considering these tires. XLADV seemed to really like the MotoZ's and as I recall from a post on Facebook, got 5,200 miles out of them (though it sounded like the last 500 was beyond the point of decent performance off pavement).
  11. fourthree

fourthree Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Didn't take a pic, there are plenty of those floating about, but did measure tread depth at 15mm in the center of the tire tapering to about 12mm at the edges. Carcass feels pretty stiff.
    Polar adv likes this.
  12. ncj01

ncj01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm getting 4-500 miles on a tkc80 on the SE... I don't see getting 5000 on any tire..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nk14zp, Colorado Uli and ciedema like this.
  13. Motoz Tires

Motoz Tires Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    when can we expect to see the 140/80/18 to be on the market?
  15. Motoz Tires

Motoz Tires Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately the mould had to be revised on the Adventure 140/80-18 which has delayed it a bit. So a rough ETA is June/July.
    nk14zp likes this.
  16. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    These tires look terrific. They appear to be very cleverly designed in all aspects for a big dual sport bike like the 990 and 1190. I can't wait to try them out as they could become my permanent choice. I'll be placing my order so I have them in hand when my current tires are done. Great job on this new model !
    chevtech likes this.
  17. scudrunner82

scudrunner82 combustion addict

Oddometer:
    Once I wear out my TKC/Mitas combo I'll be posting my thoughts :0-0
  18. Greg@RME

Oddometer:
    I got my tires mounted up, took them for a little road ride and they're smooth and quiet, so far so good! I have 24,600 miles on the bike as of today, so we'll start measuring the miles!

For me, I prefer riding in the dirt but usually have to put in some miles on the road to get to it. Most of my riding is rocky desert & mountains, around Utah and Colorado. Some of my rides have covered hundreds of miles of road riding and a bit of dirt and some times mostly dirt and a little street. I'm hoping that this will be the ideal all around tire for these bikes!

I was planning a long day in the dirt this weekend to test them out, but I was rear-ended in my car the night before last and my doctor has advised I stay off the bike for a week while I heal up. :fpalm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now come on Greg...you're saying your gonna put your health and doctors orders ahead of your ADV inmate buddies and not start logging the miles immediately? I am so disappointed! :D (I hope all is well....)

So..follow doctor's orders...then start pounding out the miles and report back!
  20. Greg@RME

Oddometer:
    Trust me, I was ready to ignore the doctors orders today!! It's warming up here and I've got the itch to ride so bad, now this s**t happens!! Plus, I planned a big ride with friends this weekend and now I have to bow out! I'll be alright, just gotta heal up a little. ;)
    AL-n2it likes this.