Why are Schuberth helmets so discounted?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by TravellingTartar, Jun 24, 2019.

1. TravellingTartar

TravellingTartar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wondering if anyone knows why Schuberth helmets have been discounted for so long? It started too many months ago to be a seasonal sale; from memory the sales started late last year (2018). Revzilla, and others, are selling C4 Pro helmets for $399 instead of $849. Seems like all their helmets are on sale. Just seems weird for what's supposed to be a premium product???
  2. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't know, but I love mine.
    When I need a new helmet I'll get another one, even if they are not on sale.
    moxford and TravellingTartar like this.
  3. TBTSyncro

TBTSyncro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're mistaken. They're selling the C4 for Discount (last year's model). The new version is the C4 Pro, and they're full price, with very limited availability so far.
    C4 was not a successful product from day 1, and Schuberth is trying to flush their stock.
    barnyard and TravellingTartar like this.
  4. TravellingTartar

TravellingTartar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My bad on this last ad I saw. You're right, it's for the C4, not the pro. I'm fairly certain I did see the Pro on sale though. I also saw the S2 for $250 off! This said, I can't remember exactly where I saw the C4 Pro sale so I'll back off that comment until I see it again!
    Of note, I too am a happy Schuberth owner. Have been for a very very very long time. Currently on the C3 Pro.
  5. TBTSyncro

Oddometer:
    Perhaps it was the C3 pro you saw for sale. They're still being sold, and with prices higher than the C4.
  6. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    That would be my guess too.
  7. KevinP65

KevinP65 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The sizes on the helmets is kind of limited. Looks like trying to get rid of leftover hard to sell--typical clearance sales. This might be the stuff that finally sells and has a build date of years ago.
  8. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    Personally I think they were a little over priced to begin with.

And now with competition growing in modular style helmets, (like the Scorpion AT950 at under $300) I’m thinking their sales have fallen way off and now it’s time to move inventory!
  9. TBTSyncro

Oddometer:
    It's the C4, in all sizes, colors, and graphics. They're all 2018 production, as thats when the model was introduced.

:)
  10. neil w

neil w Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    C4 was the result of a BMW Motorrad design that was to be made by Schuberth , BMW pulled the plug and went to China and LS2 instead leaving Schuberth with an almost production ready helmet.

It was brought into production with quality control issues and problems with visors, interiors and neck straps which is why within 24 months it has been replaced with the new C4Pro (comms equipped) & C4 Basic (non comms equipped). Both new helmets share a new better quality interior and numerous other improvements. Confusion starts because people assume the original C4 and new C4 basic are the same helmet .... they are definitely not.

C4 Pro was described to me by a Schuberth rep as being the C3 Pro for those with an Arai shaped head unlike the traditional shaped Schuberth shells . it is also the reason that the C3 pro is continuing in production until it is replaced with the traditionally shaped C5 model.

C4 helmets are being sold off cheap for good reason ....they are not anywhere near the traditional Schuberth build quality
    barnyard, TBTSyncro and I82l8 like this.
  11. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I had read about that elsewhere also.
  12. TNRyder

TNRyder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If I had a round head I would love to have a Schubert. They are light and well made.