1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Why aren't the 800GS threads in G-spot?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by fifthcircle, Sep 12, 2008.

1. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    No one posts threads about their new 1200GS and how good or bad it is in here....so why all the 800GS threads?

PS- I'm not trying to be a dick..... :D
  2. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    It seems the "G-Spot" is badly named in that it's really the "Boxer-spot". So, in the same vein that the old F650GS didn't get in, nor do the new F650/800GS twins. Like it or loathe it, I guess it's just the way it is!
  3. JamesG

JamesG Rabid Poster

Oddometer:
    Opps. Too late. :wink:

Because that forum is the GSpot. Ie: for big flat twin bikes, not little thumpers or parrallel twin "F"s.

Only BMW guys would bitch about their own forum not being exclusive enough. :rofl

Does this thread qualify for "JoMomma" yet? Or do I have to keep digging? :lol3
  4. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    Your language and teh subject content is much to clean for the basement! :lol3
  5. kadesean

kadesean eyesuck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Except that those boxer GSs produced from 1981-1995 (airheads) reside in old skool. I think it makes sense to put all BMW GS models in GSpot. Beasts is starting to get crowded with several models. I think the powers that be will monitor this and are open to change. They changed the pic requirement in FM cuz nobody followed the rulz.
  6. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. TheCowboy

TheCowboy back in the saddle again

Oddometer:
    F650GS/F800GS.... GS...GS...get it??? it doesn't say F800BEAST... it only makes sense any GS model belongs in GSpot.

Cowboy2:ricky
  8. grinder96

grinder96 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think they are aiming at the flagship liter bikes for BMW and KTM. Both the GSpot and the Orange crush exclude all bikes but the flagship models.

That doesn't bother me as much as trying to sift through all the Thumper and Beast threads to find what your interested in. Maybe divide those up a little more like singles under 500cc and over 500cc. Then a more then one bore thread (aka beasts). Or by country of orgin.....or just leave it alone and know where to look.:rofl
  9. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    With your logic then the DR650SE should be in with KTM 950 Super Enduro.

Good luck on getting it all worked out in your head. It seems that everyone else is OK with how things are.

Could it be that you are one of those BMW snobs and can't stand the thought of being mixed in with the rest? Get over yourself.
  10. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Can't see the problem myself. The old F650GS resided in "Thumpers" seemingly without comment so why does the new F650GS/F800GS deserve to be anywhere else but "Beasts"

Maybe if BMW sell as many 650/800 twins as 1200GS's, we could argue for a separate forum but not for a while yet.