Why Dual Sports are NOT Cool

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by dredman, May 12, 2020.

1. dredman

dredman Dirty Moto-Tourist

Oddometer:
    The target was both DS and non-DS riders. The nons for the obvious reason, but I also wanted to give the DS riders some tools to help with the wayward boys - the lost and unfulfilled. Something the could talk about. I am sure there are lots of great videos out there already like "Top 10 Reasons you should buy a DS" and shit like that, but nobody talks about the reasons why folks DON'T want to ride a DS?

An yes, totally could have inflamed a whole new crowd by tossing Harley into the mix, but that is just low-hanging fruit. More fun to talk about sex! :)

Thanks for forcing yourself to watch Win, I owe you a beer, or some aspirin.
  2. dredman

Oddometer:
    Never heard of it, but now I gotta go find that movie. Ms. Fenn was smoking back then!
    Dualsport4ever likes this.
  3. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3

After I get my lazy ass in gear and get myself another dual sport bike I'll have to come down and join you on a ride sometime.

My problem is not deciding whether or not to buy another dual sport, it's deciding which one!
    dredman likes this.
  4. dredman

Oddometer:
    Just say yes to a DR or that 790?

Wait till you see what we got into Sunday - what fun!
  5. Dualsport4ever

Dualsport4ever Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Apparently, the movie has quite the cult following. Definitely not Oscar material, but entertaining in its own way. I have to admit, I watch it as much to see the old Honda as I do Fenn. Well, almost. :lol3
    dredman and klaviator like this.
  6. PNWRR

PNWRR A study in Mopishness

Oddometer:
    dredman likes this.
  7. Hamamelis

Hamamelis Inmate

Oddometer:
    So, I'm 26, bought my CRF250L Rally at 25, and fun fact, I do actually get a lot of compliments and questions on the bike

that said, very few (but greater than zero) have ever been from cute girls, hahahaha

and sure, I don't fit in with a few crowds around town, especially in a city with a few different scenes like custom choppers and such, but that lack of fitting also means I can show up to a really fun variety of events

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, there is a certain degree of youthful coolness to the dirt bike and also the supermoto look, but you do have to bring your own charm to the table as well eh. No object can do that for ya
    dredman likes this.
  8. dredman

Oddometer:
    If you can't get laid at 26, a bike ain't gonna help much? :)

Seriously tho, the more I think about this, maybe I got it all wrong?

Maybe the reality is.....

Chicks are not really attracted to the BIKE at all?

Maybe they are attracted to the fool that is making payments on a $30k bike that sits in the garage 345 days out of the year?
    Maybe..... just maybe, these girls are smart enough to realize that THAT dummy might be foolish enough to buy HER a car and some fake boobs if he is that foolish?

Maybe I need to rethink this?
  9. Hamamelis

Hamamelis Inmate

Oddometer:
    Hahaha, I never said I *haven't* gotten laid in the span of time since, just that the bike itself has never been the catalyst eh