Why I hate online shopping.....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by richo360, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Sfcootz

Sfcootz Proud to be a 0.6106142755%er Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I do like to support the local shop whenever possible. I buy a fair bit of my gear on the ADV classifieds used, too. :dunno
  2. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    You guys with the glove issue ..... I also had problems finding gloves to fit wide hands with shorter fingers that are on the thick side of normal . I recently was in Bunnings in the tools department , yeah , how unusual :brow . I happened upon a rack full of Mechanics gloves and found a line of glove very similar to the old school MX glove , a full leather palm with no seams and synthetic back that allows a bit of air flow . For $30 I figured if they don't do what I want them to do they will just be an expensive pair of Gardening gloves . Now after 2 several hour rides I have become smitten , they work and work well . I bought the smallest size I could get my hands in knowing they would stretch to a certain degree , 2 rides later and they are the proverbial hand in a glove fit :ricky . Really good quality too when comparing to similar designs and priced dirt bike gloves . Happy as a pig in Mud with them so far :thumbup .
    https://www.bunnings.com.au/mechanix-wear-medium-leather-original-gloves_p0013565
    Warin and Wodger63 like this.
  3. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Be grateful you can buy boots... when I walk into a shoe shop first thing I ask is do you sell size 15, 99.9% of the time it's a no, the rare exceptions are usually so frigging ugly a bloke wouldn't be seen dead in them.
    nk14zp and Oldfatbeerman like this.
  4. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
  5. brgsprint

brgsprint Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I once had a guy ask me for a size 17 basketball shoe. I was at the rack in the back when he asked. When I came out, I handed him a pair of size 8s and a pair of nines. Told him to put them together.

He didn't think it was funny.
    nk14zp, diabolik37, AUSSIEADV and 2 others like this.
  6. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Ask. I went to a place called harbour town on the Gold Coast, it's sort of one of those large shopping centres where the mainstream suppliers flog the samples, remainders and stuff that's either too big or too small for their usual retail outlets.

Found exactly two pairs of runners that fit me in the whole place...

I'm a touchy feely type, don't do online retailing usually though I did get my vendramini marathons ex Italy sight unseen cause they made a size 50...
    nk14zp likes this.
  7. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    mouse is a big hearted soul (and has a big sole to boot :wink:)...

... when he buys a new pair of shoes, he wears the boxes home... and donates the footwear to the needy. :clap
    Sfcootz likes this.
  8. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
    My kid wears a 17. He's okay with clown color shoes. Thank goodness. O_O
    Mouse, Wodger63 and Richarde1605 like this.
  9. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I buy 97% online.

Even though I fit XL in the likes of jerseys I order XXL. Jacket is a tad large from America. Not a problem. The jerseys have worked out tops, gloves fit like a glove. $14 each posted I pay for gloves and jerseys.

Boots and helmets I buy locally. Fit is too critical.

Parts and accessories online unless needed urgently, even then I try to buy generic.
  10. diabolik37

diabolik37 Deadly Gubba

Oddometer:
    I don't blame you... considering that now most carrier charge by cubic weight... :lol3

Size 15... How tall are you, Mouse?
  11. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure how tall Mouse is but I do have a photo of him taking a...um....nap at a rally:lol3.
  12. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
    You best be posting it. :deal
    Richarde1605 and Andrew2 like this.
  13. Terrabones

Terrabones Flat Strap

Oddometer:
    Ive got a reach like a sick dog so have to usually get 3xl and flap like a tent

Feet some how have grown from 11.5 for most of my life to 14 and 6e wide so no boots for me .
  14. Sfcootz

Oddometer:
    Man, what do they feed you blokes in Oz???
    Richarde1605 likes this.
  15. 3legs

3legs Real men ride sidecars Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beer!!! It's not just for breakfast you know.
  16. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Posted a photo for you over in jm, surprised you haven't caught it yet.

6'5" less shrinkage...
    Sfcootz likes this.
  17. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Have you had you pituitary gland checked? Had a mate who had acromegaly, turned out he had a tumour on his gland. He was such a wee fella to start off, even his sister was as tall as me.
  18. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    I have only just found out about the 6E stuff, I went through life thinking shoes and boots were tight across the foot was normal. Then I went to buy a new pair of shoes and the sales man looks at my feet and says dude you need a 4e, so after explaining what it was I tried one on and he suggests I try a 6E, and then says they don't stock any, and after a search of the shopping center and only finding a few 4E's I gave up and I'm still wearing the old shes I went in there with.:lol3

I heard Alpinestars are good for a wide foot, so I am keen to try a set of them because all my other boots have hurt my tootsies....

So anyone know any other brands of boots that are good for wide feet?

Oh and I was just thinking of this thread a few days ago because my last helmet was bought online because I thought it was a bargain, but then went to my local bike shop for something and found they had the same helmet cheaper, so I decided I would go there first next time. I was thinking of that when I jumped on line looking at pants, and saw they had a helmet on special for a bargain price, so now I have a new helmet on it's way.:rofl
  19. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
  20. Terrabones

Terrabones Flat Strap

Oddometer:
    My feet are not only wide but due to a high arch I need depth in my boots or after a few minutes I have nasty pins and needles.

Most times I have to throw the inner soft sole out to get enough depth and walk on the hard surface.

New balance runners in 4e or 6e work for me just , I have a set of Xelero hikers they are great , fancy shoes I have Drews.

For riding I use Steel Blue lace up work boots (zipper on side) they are the most comfortable all day boots (heavy though)

Thanks for the info I havnt had bike boots for yrs , really need to wear them for a few hours to be sure , they are bit expensive if they don't fit .
    Richarde1605 likes this.