Why I'll never enter DGY Motorsports again.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by McD, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    On 8-13-04, McDWife and I went to the DGY Motorsports tent sale to find and purchase a small dualsport for her. We ended up buying a Yamaha TW200...did the deal, shook hands all around everybody's happy.

We went to dinner while they prepped the bike, at this point we have all of the paperwork associated with the bike and completed deal.
    When we arrived back at DGY, we were told that they had charged us the wrong amount and that they wanted an additional 25% on top of the already negotiated price. After much discussion we decided FYYFF's, you shook hands with us, you took our money, deliver our goddamn motorcycle at the negotiated price or forget it.

We go home without the bike and we get over it... no big deal.... except that today in the mail we get a bill from Yamaha for the price of the bike, plus tax title etc.

So not only did these assholes change the price on us after the deal was completed, they also charged us for the bike after failing to deliver the product.

I've been spending money at that place since the late 80's but never again. Time to find a new dealer.
  2. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    What price was listed on the paper that you signed?
    Everything else is hogwash.
  3. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    The price listed on all of the paperwork was the agreed upon negotiated price. I still have my copies, and apparently I now have a credit line with Yamaha factory financing with a balance owed for that same amount.
  4. bvkamp

bvkamp agent provocateur

Oddometer:
    Get a lawyer to get you that bike for what the contract says. :deal
  5. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    No shit... You got the debt and the paperwork, it's YOURS! And the bad credit that goes along with it if you don't do SOMETHING soon.

Gerg
  6. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    Exactly. Plus lawyer fees, pain and suffering, emotional loss, loss of conubial bliss (did you get any that night?), and punitive damages. Sock it to 'em.
  7. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    We'll go that route if necessary, I don't hold out much hope, but I'm trying to get them to do the right thing. We were willing to let the matter drop until they charged us for the thing. Now my wife wants her motorcycle. Trying to go the BBB route first.
  8. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't bother with the BBB -- they can't do sh*t.

Call the owner and Yamaha Regional -- soon, or you'll f*ck up your credit and that is a real PIA to fix.

Don't do this over the phone either -- do it in person -- make a scene (small one) in the show-room -- that gets action --

Another tactic is to get the local media (Carol Marin?) involved. They love these types of stories...
  9. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    this sounds like they gave in and are offering you (forcing it on you, really) the bike at the low price that was agreed upon originally- correct? If that's the case- chock it up to taking a little longer to get what you were after and grab the bike for the discounted price. No service bucks for them down the road, of course. If they just went ahead and billed you the sticker price because they had started the credit process already- sue their asses.
  10. Taki

Taki Waiting for Godot

Oddometer:
    The man you need to talk to is Jeff Miller. Jeff owns the joint. I have had several dealings with him, I would be suprised if he didnt fix this problem immediatly. It is my impression after talking extensively with him that he wants to maintain good customer relations. DEAL WITH JEFF ONLY! :deal
  11. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    There was a guy named Joe there that we were told was the owner of DGY. I talked to him, but he wasn't really too concerned about us or our deal. I talked to him briefly on the phone yesterday and he couldn't get rid of me quickly enough. I talked to the finance guy twice trying to find out why we were charged for the bike. He was pretty rude, but said that he would remove the charges. Frankly that isn't good enough at this point, I never asked for a $15k Yamaha credit card to be sent to my house. I never asked to pay for something that I didn't receive. I sure didn't ask these shmucks to waste my time and energy trying to fix their mistakes. Send in the snake.
  12. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    :thumb Motosnake :thumb
  13. cyclecat

cyclecat half post a day wonder

Oddometer:
    It's amazing the shit some shops will pull!

:lurk
  14. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Yep, I've been dealing with them for so long with nothing but positive experiences up til now that I never saw this comming. I was sick to my stomach when we left the shop without that bike. Buying my wife her first motorcycle should have be fun... It just didn't turn out that way.
  15. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    So whats the deal ? Any news since the last post ?

I was out of the town this weekend and am just now reading this post with great concern....

I absolutely cannot stand DGY either !! To tell you the truth, I have a hard time finding a good, somewhat local jap bike dealer... After coming from a history of superb service from TAG BMW, I feel I might be too spoiled to find a suitable alternative...

Let me know if you need legal assistance with these F's.... I can help fill out a "pro se" pleading at the municipal court (pro se means that you'll go ahead with out a lawyer)... Usually that filing alone prompts immediate action.... You have a very cut and dry contract claim so if you don't get what you want soon-- we can sock it to 'em; or, we can send in the snake...

:nod
  16. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod
  17. deerslayR

deerslayR Spodely Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    McD,
    I had a similar experience here in Jersey a few years ago. Bought a van.
    The deal was on paper, signed, sealed etc., but they balked claiming their
    salesman was "new and didn't do the math right".WTF?
    I told them they should send him back to the 2nd grade, and called my friendly local attorney. He made one call ($75.00) and within 30 minutes they were BEGGING me to come get the van. Worked like a charm.

good hunting!

deerslayR
  18. troll

troll zx6e.net

Oddometer:
    I've always had mixed feelings about that place. While it is a decent place to get, or at least try on gear, and I've spent a lot in gear and parts in that place over the years... Trying to buy a bike from them is horrible.

Every time I've asked about a particular bike, or tried to negotiate a deal it quickly turns south. Quoting me hundreds over MSRP as 'their best price' when I have 4 other places quoting be hundreds UNDER MSRP for the same one, shit like that. They kind of screwed with a buddy years back too when he sold them his used (but mint) Virago. Ended up trying to shave several hundred off like they tried to add to yours, same scenario. Hmmph.

Sadly, it's true, for everything else, noone comes close to having gear and stuff in stock around here :(

Troll
  19. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Anyone had any experience with the Illinois Attorney Generals office consumer fraud bureau?
  20. Taki

Taki Waiting for Godot

Oddometer:
    I am telling you that Jeff Miller owns the place. It is my belief that he will make this right if he has all the facts in front of him. If not, I want to know.

Good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.