1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Why I'll never enter DGY Motorsports again.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by McD, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Thanks Taki, I appreciate your help. Check your PM's
  2. bvkamp

bvkamp agent provocateur

Oddometer:
    Update? :ear Inquiring minds want to know.
  3. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Similar thing happened to me. I made the mistake of buying a motorcycle at Coleman Power Sports in Falls Church, VA. The day after I had the bike home, they called me and told me that I owed them another $500. I told them to fuck off. I had paperwork, etc. A week or so later, a Kawasaki credit card shows up in the mail with a $500 balance on it. I didn't finance with Kawasaki, or ever even apply for the card. The shithead finance guy came up with that little gem to pad the deal. Calling the owner, who is also a shithead, didn't help, nor did the BBB which had a pretty good list going at the time on them anyway. I called Kawasaki and explained that I never applied for the credit, and there would be hell if they didn't close the account. They did. Coleman then called me a week later and told me that if I didn't pay the amount, they would report the bike stolen. Can you believe that shit? Finally called a lawyer. Funny thing is, I didn't hear from anyone at Coleman after that. Fuckers. Worst dealership ever!
  4. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Well, they refunded the full amount on the yamaha card and we played phone tag with the owner for a couple of days last week.
    We haven't heard anything from BBB or from corporate yamaha yet. We thought about filling out a consumer fraud form with the Illinois Attorney General, but it hardly seems worthwhile at this point.
    DGY sucked the life out of this deal. I think the worst thing was how they lied to us about how we wouldn't be charged, and then did it anyway and treated us poorly when we called to report the charges. Changing the price on a completed sale was criminal, lying to me after shaking my hand was unforgivable. Lesson learned, I guess.
  5. bvkamp

bvkamp agent provocateur

Oddometer:
    That's terrible. I spent well over a thousand bucks in there on off-road gear a few weeks ago. A couple of the staff there know who I am. I'm going back to tell them I know what happened, and this will have an impact on their business far beyond the disputed sales contract.
  6. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    My Suzuki dealer in Elgin is great. Martin and Susan Horn.

Jon
  7. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    Got a call from corporate Yamaha tonight. A very professional and friendly customer service representative called to follow up our letter regarding the problem with DGY. Interesting to note that she knew about this thread on this site.

:D
  8. bvkamp

bvkamp agent provocateur

Oddometer:
    So what are they gonna do about it? :deal
  9. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi professional Yamaha rep lady :wave
  10. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    Another "Hi professional Yamaha rep lady :wave"

Now lets see if we can get the nice Yamaha Lady to ask me about how bad Dreyer Kawi/Yamaha on Washington in Indianapolis tried to fuck my buddy around - screwing with him on hte price, keeping a rebate for themselves, overcharginf him for the bike, bullshit add on fees etc. And this was over a damned PW50. Man did did they screw the pooch. Seems to me if you ought to overboard to help a guy buying a started bike for his kid, just think of all the subsequent dollars that will NOT be spent in that shop now, including dad's new bike.

Then when they find out he is a lawyer they bendover backlwards to correctthe situation.

Not as bad as what DGY pulled, but enough to make me never ever buy a bike from Dreyer.
  11. MOTOHEAD

MOTOHEAD Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I myself have bought many bikes from DGY Motorsports and have ben treated with the utmost respect, and have allways gotten great deals on all my Bikes..

By the way From what i know slander is also illegal and you guys should watch what you say on forums about a busn as it may come back to you in the form of a lawsuit.

Dont get me wrong i love to ride and have ben doing so for over 20 years..

I just dont wana see any of you get yourselves into trouble over venting..

Good luck with this..
  12. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    fresh meat replies on his very first post threatening a slander suit.

Thanks so much for looking out for us, but um, fuck off.

how long have you worked for DGY anyway?
  13. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:

:rolleyes right...
  14. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    What dumbass would dig this thread up out of the grave.:lol3
  15. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    correct me if Im wrong, but isnt Truth an absolute defense?

besides that, we got a snake :evil
  16. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    If you work for DGY probably should have left this bad boy burried.:1drink

BTW...I don't think someone can be accused of slander if they provide dates, facts, etc.

FIST?:D
  17. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl
  18. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    noobs... hahahah!
  19. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    I wonder if DGY is hiring, I like screwing women and maybe one will come to buy a bike while..... wait you guys meant they are screwing people in the not fun sense, never mind.

BTW hard to prove that an insecure source like this wasn't tampered with... not much for evidence in a court case is it.
  20. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    Still laughing about this post Mutineer. You have a way with words!

LIP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.