1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Why India’s the most exciting place on Earth to motorcycle

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by hollywood996, Mar 13, 2019.

1. mictoolbox

mictoolbox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I
    I am in Delhi now just recovering from my flight I am here for the next six weeks,as I have a friend here I have decided to go out to Rajasthan and then rent a bike there for a week then return to Delhi then get train to Rishikesh and look at renting a bike there for a few weeks and do shimla Spiti Manali Darmshala Shrinagar Somag Leh Nubra TSo and all thing in between ,be great if you could what's app me rental contact in Rishikesh cheers Michael 7289956769
  2. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha, ha, recovering in Delhi, that is funny. That city has the worst air in all of India :-)
    But good plan. For bike rental in Rishikesh contact Deepak on his business phone plus Whatsapp: +91 8218743420 or his private number +91 7906670544. He is a friend of mine and we work together. His Himalayans are the best maintained unless you buy a new one. And even a new one would be worse unless you love EFI that can fail and leave you stranded. Anyway, your phone which country code? I cant whatsapp without country code.
    -sam
  3. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    and here is the webaddress:

himalayan-tools.com

btw: from tomorrow 6am I will be in nowhereland for 4 days. no phone, no internet, just high mountains. will be online again after 6th or 7th but only for 3 days, then 10 days retreat.

greets
    -sam
  4. mictoolbox

mictoolbox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My phone has India sim now so it is +91 India phone system seams a bit doggy, I will contact those numbers when I am heading in that direction,thanks for your advice,maybe our paths will cross in the next month or so.
  5. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reached Leh after an extremely exhausting 3 days on 50% new and 50% awful roads. In Leh (and all of Ladakh) a pre-paid phone SIM does not work. Although my SIM is Indian (JIO) and jio works here mine does not. Just a heads-up. I tried your number but it does not seem to be registered with whatsapp. Maybe you had whatsapp registered with your original SIM?
    -sam

DSC00040.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG

DSC00125.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG

Attached Files:

6. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Some say magical, others say diabolical. My experiences in India reflect the latter. Someone else can scratch that itch. Now Pakistan thats magical. :nod
    95Monster likes this.
  7. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, when I was in Pak it was just a poorer version of India, but with one important limitation: you could not move freely, in all the interesting parts you had to have a Toyota pickup with some guys with Kalashnikovs following you, especially in the mountains and towards Iran (Pashtun area) which is a bit unnerving although the guys never did anything other than follow ... the Pak people are very friendly towards foreigners (as are the Indians).
  8. MarLion

MarLion n00b

Oddometer:

Those pics are just so tranquil. Haven’t really visited Leh yet but it’s one of the places I put in my “maybe list”. I don’t mind falling off the grid for a while when I visit the place. Can I ask what are your favourite sites to visit every now and then?
  9. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you mean in Leh or in Ladakh or in India in general?

https://himalayan-tools.com/

click on the bikes and then on visuals for more pics :-)
  10. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is good new and bad news:

Bad first: India likely remains closed up to April 2021 based on info I received from well connected friends:

The good news: we do (only one) of our famous "bucket list" trips in July/August

https://himalayan-tools.com/travel-plans-2021/
  11. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    with 1.6 billion n growing population it might be prudent to wait abit longer.?
    july/august would be insufferable, maybe nov, dec.
  12. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you obviously have not read the trip description.

Where we go temp is between 28 peak and ZERO celsius (rarely that low though, and only in the night)
    I dont get your post. why would population numbers be relevant? where we go you are lucky to meet one person per square km in some sections.

also: Interestingly the growth rate is declining:
    https://thewire.in/government/india...nment-report-2036-projections-urban-migration