Why no love for the Multistrada Enduro?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by nitsuj, May 2, 2019.

1. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:

Nice one, you had me cracking up reading it.
    EJbeastie likes this.
  2. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was one of the moaners regarding the small fuel tank since I came off of a 2010 GSA onto a 2012 PP Multi. Flash forward and I have the Enduro Pro now. Love the range and power as a combo. The bike is heavy but I did not purchase it for single track woods riding. Forest service roads at the most. Had an oil leak straight off the showroom floor that took 3 different trips into the dealer but it finally got sorted. All good now. Looking to have a long term with this bike.
    bobw and EJbeastie like this.
  3. nitsuj

nitsuj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just sitting down to write a review now that I've spent a little time on the bike. Short version is I really love it. I'll start a new thread for my review.
    black 8 and EJbeastie like this.
  4. drdfblackm

drdfblackm VeeFeer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since these are pretty available....I was originally just looking at the Multistrada but the Enduro has a bigger tank correct? Would I be completely crazy to want one of these for on road only?
  5. nitsuj

nitsuj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nope. Not crazy at all. I’m loving mine. Let’s face it, most of us do most of our riding on the street. And most of us won’t be slowed down in normal street riding by a 19” front wheel. I prefer the look of the Enduro. I like the larger tank and I like the Touratech aluminum bags. The seating position is slightly more upright and my wife found the seat to be more comfortable. I wouldn’t mind the single sided swing arm for easier maintenance, but whatever. Little more time in the garage is ok too. To be clear, had I chose the S I’d probably also be happy. Both are excellent bikes. But the Enduro is just a little more what I want right now. Get the one that speaks to you. Can’t go wrong.
    shil likes this.
  6. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    That bigger tank is great for a road machine. I told a friend recently that the enduro is an ultimate road machine....
    with that range (I’m getting 40mpg minimum, and up to 45mpg at times) from the big tank, the power, comfort, the whiz bang tech stuff, and the need to not worry about water spotting the chrome (like on a cruiser), it’s perfect as a road warrior. The ability for gravel and lighter off road is bonus.
  7. flyinturbo

flyinturbo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Y'all hit the mark spot on with this machine. My buddy and I both have an Enduro and we both love them. We got them a few months apart and purchased from the same dealership in Portland, Or yet we both live in Phoenix AZ. All that means is that when we purchased them, we had a reason for a road trip!

When I purchased mine, I gave my buddy my '12 MTS 12000S to ride to Portland and I'd meet him there to ride back. We loosely planned our return journey along the 1 and 101, camping and enjoying the twists. During the ride, he rode my new bike and had to have one, so we made the same plan... he bought his in Oregon, rode my bike up and I met him in Portland. We did our second ride down the coast, camping and enjoying the ride!

Since then, we've taken them places I would have never thought a big bike could go. One rock garden in particular was super bad. First gear, trials style riding and the bike handled it so well, I was amazed! I've since been back on that rock garden road on my dirt bike and still am amazed that we had big bikes on that trail. Conversely, it's easy to knock down miles on pavement. We've done an 1100 mile day... while we were both tired, we both could have kept riding. The Enduro truly is a swiss army knife of the bike world. Where it really shines is for the aggressive road rider that wants to camp and do a bit of off roading. It'll jump speed bumps in a parking lot and cattle crossing equally as well. It'll support 2 up for date night or date trip and has the room in the paniers for both people. It has enough power to embarrass most bikes. It has handling that allows you to carve corners along with much 'sportier' bikes, surprising them at the end of the canyon. Yet it still returns 45ish mpg and casual road manners that allow you to arrive at a classy restaurant or a backwood camp site in equal amounts of 'yes, I belong right here'. We're both crazy happy with the performance, comfort and reliability of our hot italian GFs.
    bobw and drdfblackm like this.