1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Why not?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Frostbit1, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Frostbit1

Frostbit1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Indian and Moto Guzzi motorcycles. Why isn't one of the dealerships in Alaska willing to pick either of them up?

Indian is building bikes people want, unlike HD currently.

Moto-Guzzi. V85TT sales are really good in North America, an affordable ADV bike with character, yet no dealer in Alaska. I want to test ride one badly, yet would have to shop out of state to do so.

TMS is picking up Royal Enfield, probably a good move as they are affordable.
  2. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Alaska is a very small market and motorcycle sales are down in general. Tough to make a go of a niche bike like a Guzzi and an Indian dealership would require a huge investment.
  3. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Its going to be a tough year for many businesses. A bike shop I know has had to do some layoffs. I doubt a new line of bikes is in the cards.
  4. MotoMatt5

MotoMatt5 n00b

Oddometer:
    A local mechanic has contacted Moto Guzzi recently about a dealership. Their requirements were pretty financially demanding so he opted out. Basically they wanted a large Piaggio dealership. Guzzi Aprilia and Vespa.
    mach1mustang351 likes this.
  5. keith in alaska

keith in alaska Valley Gruver

Oddometer:
    My sources have told me some dealerships have experienced record sales numbers during the month of May.
  6. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    I hope you are correct.