WI Rustic Road Century

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Powershouse, Feb 19, 2008.

1. divotdm

divotdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    I hope to update that tomorrow - certainly in the next couple of days.
    9Realms likes this.
  3. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
  4. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome!! thanks
    propforward likes this.
  5. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My brother and I were just taking a northern tour today when we rode right into a new Rustic Road. I was not certain if I had ridden it or not, but I thought that it being number 118 meant that I probably had not. So I stopped to get the photo just east of Wabeno on County C. It is a beautiful ride on C and then 180 down to Marinette was great too. It is pretty quiet up in the north woods this summer. We stopped and ate our lunches at Richardson Lake west of Wabeno and that was a good stop.
    RR 118
    RR 118.png
    9Realms and Powershouse like this.
  6. sharpiebb454

sharpiebb454 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hit 122 along with a few others today I didn't take pictures of. Also hit 51 as it seams like its never too far outta the way haha. Now I hope we get info on 123 and 124 soon.

Attached Files:

7. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    How’s that GW on the water crossings?
  8. sharpiebb454

sharpiebb454 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Usually not too bad. This time they really dropped off and its quite a jump back up on the other side.
  9. Powershouse

Powershouse Flower Sniffer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So who is going to be the next rider to get a sticker?
    I just sent one to a gal from the facebook group who has ridden them all.
  10. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    I had a great ride today out to Saxeville to ride 117. I found some nice county roads that were lightly trafficked, but A and K in Waushara County had that little gravel they use to repave roads. There is a nice little park on the north side of the covered bridge and I ate my lunch there. A gentleman from the area said that the plot was privately owned and maintained by an older couple and when it got to be more than they wanted to deal with the local leaders bought it. It was cooler there with a nice breeze. I would have stayed longer but the thunderstorms are on the way. I rode through a bit of rain west of Appleton as it was. But it was a nice day on the bike. This makes around 88 RR's ridden for me and I hope to earn the century sticker this summer.
    RR 117.jpg
    RR 117
    Covered Bridge Park Saxeville.jpg
    There are a couple of picnic tables at the park. I took this picture from a bench next to the Pine River.
    9Realms, ProLeisure and zDollar Bill like this.
  11. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    It never even occurred to me that there might be a fartsbook group. Nice to see. I already have my sticker, and mighty proud of it I am. But I am only up to RR114, time to go and get the new ones.
    FirstPath likes this.
  12. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    I picked up 3 or 4 a few weeks ago but I'm a loooong way from 100
  13. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Pick a bunch, and go on a camping / rustic road hunting weekend. It is a great deal of fun.
  14. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in the upper 30s or low 40s I think. I have a loop that I can do to pick up an easy 11, I just need to do it. I also missed a ton on my trip to the UP at the end of June. Went by so many but we were short on time and my dad was not into it, so I bagged it :(
  15. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    I put on 335 miles today chasing down RR 62. I rode the slab of 29 out toward Wausau, but found some nice county roads east of 51 to get up to Tomahawk. Once at the RR I found some more good back roads west of 51 down to 29. The RR leads to Timm's Hill, the highest point in Wisconsin.
    RR 62.jpg

I am going to go full on retired school administrator and make up a spreadsheet of all of the Rustic Roads so I can annotate the ones I have ridden. My only surprise is that my mild case of OCD has not caused me to do this already. It was a great day to ride.
    ProLeisure and 9Realms like this.
  16. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Well done sir.
    I have not been out much, maybe 3 or 4 rides locally, and then the heat was kind of too much. I stopped up where I store my bike a week or so ago and found puddles under my fork.
    Now I'm waiting on fork seals and springs, so no rusties for this rider for awhile. I have a list typed up of ones I have done that are checked off that I carry on my bike, and another list of "intended targets" where I have looked them up and read about them, etc. It's a great thing to pursue. Hat's off to Wisconsin.
  17. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:

I copied the map and then put a red dot on the ones I have ridden.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.22.24 PM.png
    zDollar Bill and 9Realms like this.
  18. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    I have such a spreadsheet. With colour codes to remind me which ones were missing signs.
  19. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    That map is a good idea Firstpath. Unfortunately, the red dots remind me of COVID 19 maps I've been seeing. But that's just me. Congratulations on having ridden all of those. That's an impressive map.

I wrote up my rides on 117 and 118 on my blog at: http://viewfromamotorcycle.blogspot.com/
    FirstPath likes this.
  20. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    In the last few years we’ve done several 3 day weekends riding and connecting the Rustic Roads. Some of my most memorable riding for sure!