WI Rustic Road Century

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Powershouse, Feb 19, 2008.

1. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wrote up my ride to Rustic Road 62 west of Tomahawk on my blog. It was a long day, but it was nice to have the time to climb Timm's Hill and enjoy the road. Knocking out 6 or 7 in a day is nice too, but this was a good day. My blog is at: https://viewfromamotorcycle.blogspot.com/
    FirstPath likes this.
  2. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Picked up my 110th Rustic Road today. RR #122. 122_RusticRoad122.jpg

I need to hit the NE corner for a 3 day weekend of riding!
    MNimum, 9Realms and Nick MN like this.
  3. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    I went on my first overnight trip during the pandemic this week. It was not a Rustic Road inspired trip, but I did manage to ride number 121. I wrote about the trip on my blog at https://viewfromamotorcycle.blogspot.com/

RR 121
    RR 121.jpg
    FirstPath and 9Realms like this.
  4. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    I'm going to borrow some data from that blog, I like the mention of some other side trips, stops and attractions to mix in.

I see I have not hit 121 yet myself!
  5. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hit 51 today and three of the four water crossings where pretty full and unusually deep. Take them slow.
  6. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very interesting. We rode 51 a few years ago and it was dry. We are heading up that way tomorrow, we might have to check it out. Although 2 up with a load of gear might not be the best way to test our water wings.
  7. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    You’ll be fine but it was near the axle.
  8. Nick MN

Nick MN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The scrambler looks great Scott! :thumbup
    My father and I passed you while on the same RR. I was on a CRF250L Rally and my father was on a DRZ400. Great to see so many people out! We put on 500mi. Sat-Sun and did some camping in Reno, MN.
    barnyard, dr_rock and FirstPath like this.
  9. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I was wondering who that was. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!
  10. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hit RR100 on my way home from da UP. That's a fun chunk of pavement.
    IMG_20200817_084154.jpg
    barnyard, 9Realms and dr_rock like this.
  11. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    I put on 350 miles today to ride 5 miles worth of Rustic Roads. I left at 0630 and was in East Troy by 0945. I rode RR 120 just southwest of there before heading north back into Waukesha County. RR 115 is Waterville Road roughly between Dousman and Delafield. Both roads were paved and nice rides. These are new ones and once again I have all of the northeast roads ridden except for the new one on Washington Island. I have 86 in the hopper and 33 of the remaining 36 are in the northwest. It was cool coming down along the lake, but warmed up by the time I got home. All in all, a great day on the bike.
    RR120
    RR 120.jpg
    RR 115
    RR 115.jpg
    dr_rock likes this.
  12. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    We took a look at it and decided to pass. Maybe next time (when we have a lighter load, etc).
  13. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_0021.jpg

Nine left to get.
  14. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    My brother and I put on about 360 miles today grabbing two Rustic Roads and completing my Wisconsin Harley Davidson Dealers Association Passport Tour map. We went west on US 29 and north on US 51 to the RRs. Then we rode 51 up to the Northwoods Harley Davidson dealership in Arbor Vitae. After getting my stamp and purchasing a cool shirt we ate our lunch at a park on Big Arbor Vitae Lake. We had a more scenic ride home on highways 70, 32 and 55. The weather is turning cool next week and up here there is the possibility it never warms up again so I am happy we got out today.
    RR 58
    RR 58.jpg
    There are no signs on the entrances at Highways 51 and 70. This sign is at the intersection with Sutton Road, which is also RR 59.

RR59
    RR 59.jpg
    These are the last new Rustic Roads I will ride this year. The ones I have not ridden will require an overnight stop in northwest Wisconsin and I am not staying in any not military accommodations until the COVID situation clears up.
  15. Libertas

Libertas n00b

Oddometer:
    Newb's first post. Joined because there are others here who are hooked on RRs. Read the thread. RRs 123 and 124 were removed from the list just recently. Buffalo County asked to have them rescinded. Before they were removed from the Google map on the WisDOT site, I marked them in my gazetteer. I can post if there is an interest. Buffalo County.JPG
    9Realms and Powershouse like this.
  16. 9Realms

Oddometer:
    I got out today and checked out R 122. I had hit all the ones near it but I think this one got added later.

RR 122 hit.jpg

Playing with Locus Map Pro on an old phone without a SIM card in it for fun. Works like a champ.

locus RR122.jpg

As I left the area towards the north, I saw another Rustie on my radar, #89.
    I had visited it before in the past, but recalled that it was a good one. Great colors and such. Glad I hit it again!

RR_89 oct 2020.jpg
    blackfriar, Libertas and Dangeross like this.
  17. Libertas

Libertas n00b

Oddometer:
    RR123 and RR124.JPG

Here are the maps for now undesignated Rustic Roads 123 and 124 in Buffalo County.
    blackfriar, divotdm, Nick MN and 2 others like this.
  18. 9Realms

Oddometer:
    Cool, I will have to add that to my Rusties folder to hit them someday. Thanks for posting that, and welcome by the way :deal

Odd that they pulled those two RR's, hmmm, politics I guess.
  19. Powershouse

Powershouse Flower Sniffer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The weather window is wide open - who's heading out for Rustic roads?
    Plenty of stickers left.
    9Realms likes this.
  20. 9Realms

Oddometer:
    Maybe Tuesday, temps looking like 66 degrees! :clap