Wide open roads and hyper aggressive drivers

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by windmill, Apr 8, 2020.

1. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    And such is the beauty of 'drive right; pass left.' With such lane discipline, it allows those drivers the ability to blaze by, speeding or otherwise. Riding in the number 2 lane was the right move.

Hell, even here in the PNWet where left-lane camping below the posted speed limit is the norm, I often travel in the number 1 lane, even if my cruising speed is 5-10 mph over the posted speed limit. When I need to pass, I simply change lanes left, move safely passed the slower vehicle, and back to the right-most lane.
  2. CaptCapsize

CaptCapsize Long timer

Oddometer:
    Funny! Yesterday it seemed like the Indy 500, people blowing the speed limit on the freeway at 90+mph. Today, same time, same road and the fast ones are doing 55 mph. People are getting erratic.
    trumpet likes this.
  3. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess today I was a “hyper aggressive driver”.:photog

Rolled into my community on my GS. Posted 35mph road that literally everyone speeds on. I typically do 45mph. There’s one stop sign along the way. I slow and roll that every time, because it seems all the oldsters around me do the same. I sure don’t want to get hit from behind.

anyway, pull into the garage and some car pulls up across my driveway. Horn honks. I get off the bike (helmet on/earplugs in) and some 80 year old starts yelling at me that I’m doing 50 in a 35 zone. This guy just followed me for 1.5 miles to my house to yell at me!

I tell him politely I know I’m not doing 50, because I actually do watch my speed. He keeps yelling I was over 50 and I blew the stop sign. So I lean on his passenger door and tell him, “yeah, I blow it every single time because some of you oldsters do it as well, and some of you can’t see very well either, so I’m not going to stop and get pancaked.”

he got all upset and drove off yelling I was going over 50!
    BobcatSig, Snowbird and trumpet like this.
  4. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    Using adaptive cruise on my X3 Beemer the closest following space allowed seems a bit too close for (my) comfort when travelling at or above 65mph, I always seem to find my foot hovering over the brake pedal.
    Snowbird likes this.
  5. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Motorius likes this.
  7. mminob

mminob MotoHolic

Oddometer:
  8. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    What really amazes me is that he used his turn signals when changing lanes.........
    Chillis, HuntWhenever and Motorius like this.
  9. HuntWhenever

HuntWhenever Motorcicle Commuter

Oddometer:
    Well, we have to keep some order in this crazy world. :rofl
    Chillis likes this.
  10. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    I've had the same. I was riding my Ducati Panigale into the dealership for some routine maintenance. Some fat, old guy, driving a clappy, beater small car, follows me a few miles on the interstate and all the way to the dealership to tell me he can't see my brake light. But as he yells at me, "Even my Harley has a light you can see," and drives off. My tail light was unaltered.

SMH