Wide open roads and hyper aggressive drivers

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by windmill, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Keep the stories coming. They make me glad I live where I do. Right now, I'm not at my normal residence, I have to stay in a hotel in a major city you've heard of but no need for me to mention. I have to be here for the next 70 days. Every time I go out, I see people doing shit that is just rude and always in a hurry to get somewhere that apparently is impossible to leave early enough to get there on time or something. But, it is tolerable here for the short term, nothing like the incredible, dangerous, accident prone idiocy I see when in Orlando. My normal residence is in a small city you haven't ever heard of and although sometimes traffic is so controlled and so slow like no one has a destination, living here reminds me of how lucky I am at home. I also have hundreds of curvy dirt and paved roads there going up and down over hills, along ridges and in the valleys between. :-)
  2. spokester

spokester Long timer

Oddometer:
    The cops are terrified to pull anyone over because of the deadly diseases. :sick
  3. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    You sneeze on a cop and get booked for attempted murder???
    spokester likes this.
  4. PrkChps

PrkChps Mirth Is King

Oddometer:
    I'm sure your correct, but perhaps everyone is doing it at the same time? The roads where I live are still crazier than usual. And, every time I ride, I smell weed coming from cars. Miniature whiskey bottles seem to line the roads, too. People these days seem to think they have a right to drive while seriously impaired.
    Sal Pairadice likes this.
  5. Sal Pairadice

Sal Pairadice Captain Obvious

Oddometer:
    I don't think the state police are getting out of their cars very much when they have 25% of the exposure to the virus that the public has.

stats.jpeg
  6. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Totally unscientific anecdotal question/observation, but am I wrong certain folks I happen to appreciate but who are in subpopulations that have suffered more cases of covid than other groups seem less likely to be wearing a mask in situations where I personally would wear one? Please, please wear a mask. Wearing one won't shrink your nether regions, make you look weak, break your budget, suffocate you or ruin your identity.
    Khantahr likes this.
  7. sluagh

sluagh not fade away

Oddometer:
    Just to be clear, what subpopulations are you referring to?
  8. C/1/509

C/1/509 Think for yourself

Oddometer:
    upload_2020-5-25_3-32-14.png
    Snowbird likes this.
  9. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    If the shoe fits put it on, but if not, just go about your day. And have a nice one, but mask up when appropriate!!
    Tall Man likes this.
  10. Sal Pairadice

Sal Pairadice Captain Obvious

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Snowbird likes this.
  11. Khantahr

Khantahr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They also defeat facial ID systems, which you'd think that subpopulation would be all over, but they're not.
  12. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    Reverting to the 70's&80's driving around partying. Chucking beer cans and bottles wherever, only thing missing currently is red partry cups and used condoms. Though the discarded gloves are a substitute I guess.

Oh and the spectacular car wrecks, but they're getting creative nowadays, with safer cars you just have to go faster for the carnage level points. /s
  13. CaptCapsize

CaptCapsize Long timer

Oddometer:
    The news reported that there is a significant reduction in traffic, and a significant increase in the number of crashes and wrecks. That data seems to support the premise of this thread.
    HuntWhenever likes this.
  14. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Right now I'm holed up near an interstate and traffic is aroaring.
  15. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still not seeing it here. But the non-essentials are back clogging up the passing lane again.
    c_m_shooter likes this.
  16. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    A couple years ago I had to trailer my sidecar rig to a shop in PA to have some modifications made to the subframe. Being from a town of 1100 I HATE big city traffic so coming home I left at 2:30am to make it through the nightmare of Binghamton NY before rush hour. About an hour later I cross into NY and am heading east on a two lane Interstate. I'm in the right hand lane very slowly overtaking a car in the left lane. No big deal at that hour. When I'm close enough to see it's a young woman driving a set of headlights appear in the distance behind us, coming up fast. As he gets closer he flashes his high beams at the left lane hog. A slim arm comes out of the car and flips him off. By this time the overtaking car is alongside me and I can see it's a state trooper. I back off as shit's about to get real. He flashes his high beams again and out of the car ahead comes a Dunkin Donuts coffee cup. The blue lights come on immediately.

Karma is served...
    tlub, Jim Moore, jay547 and 4 others like this.
  17. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Perhaps it's because they're not the kind of people who good at thinking things through?
  18. Tall Man

Tall Man Govern yourself accordingly.

Oddometer:
    This. This is why the Europeans make fun of us.
  19. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Are these people going below the speed limit? Above it? How much traffic?
  20. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Generally pacing another car in the right lane..... This is why I commute on a motorcycle.
    Snowbird likes this.