Wife's 2019 F750GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by DMack_762, Jun 1, 2020.

1. DMack_762

DMack_762 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Recently, we purchased a 2019 F750GS for my wife, and she has really taken to it. She's ridden tons of miles two up with me, and grew up riding MX and ATVs, but this is her first road legal bike. We went back and forth between new vs. used, and just decided to go new, due to warranty, and the electronic do-dads that the newer version came with.

We don't regret it one bit.

She's now on here as @JeepRebel and will be posting, reading, learning as she has time.

I put my OEM pegs on her bike, off of my 2019 R1250GSA since I went with the large Black Dog Cycle Works pegs. The OEM GSA pegs fit perfectly, and gives her a very nice, large perch for her feet. We also added the Puig Touring Windscreen, which is perfect height for her (She's 5'3). We moved her GPS (NAV6) unit above the TFT, similar to how my NAV6 is mounted on my GSA. The relocation kit came from ebay, cost about $30 and got to us within a week. The install was VERY simple, and really makes the GPS easier to see.

She's using the BMW "low" seat, but will most likely go with either a Corbin or a Sargent seat soon. She tried Grip Puppies, but they made the circumference of the grips too large for her hands, so I took them off. I also added the OEM hand guards from my GSA, until her Bark Busters arrive. Lastly, I added the crash bars from SW-Motech. These were a straight forward install, and fit very nicely. One piece covers the lower and upper fairings, but I need to find some engine case guards in case she drops it off road, and hits a rock or something.

Looking at Mosko Moto soft luggage for her, and she has the new Mosko Moto "Pico" tank bag. All in all, she loves this bike. I have ridden it a few times and it brings a smile to my face. It is nice to see her in my rear view mirror now... just have to fix the Sena 30K issue.

I have ordered the full Denali suite from Twisted Throttle. Denali CanSmart, D4s, D2s, B6 and Sound Bomb. Once these all show up, I will install them on her bike. We did a 175 mile loop yesterday, grabbed some BBQ up in Rock Hill, SC... and she did VERY well on some technical twisties. Very proud to have my best friend as my riding buddy.

Wife on her F750GS.jpg Wife on her F750GS 2.jpg Saorsa and Meep Meep.jpg Saorsa and Meep Meep2.jpg 101438488_1035738286823657_6836615138024357888_n.jpg
    pm9654, PSYOP SGM, drneo and 6 others like this.
  2. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    But soon, it'll be you shrinking in her mirror.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    BTW, given your location, check out every Spring, BMW MOA's co-sponsorship of women riders at the BMW Performance center (on or off road). https://www.bmwmoa.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1324950 it's already passed for this year but it includes hotel, shuttle service from the airport and you're on one of their BMW's bikes, not your own. Women only limited to 14 persons. I hear it almost never sells out. An immersive 2 day course for women-only and I hear they have a few female instructors now which is freaking awesome.
  4. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Isn't it great to have your wife/best friend as your favorite riding partner?
    My wife and I just got home this afternoon from a 1,000 mile road trip to NW Pa/Allegheny National Forest/Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania I wouldn't have it any other way...

P6020005.JPG

Although she did have a little "moment" after 175 miles of rain, mist and fog on our second day out... I was down to 20-25 MPH in the mountains and couldn't see myself...

P5280032.JPG
    DMack_762 and AdamChandler like this.
  5. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    Yes Sir!

We already do EVERYTHING together... this is just one more way to spend time outdoors. We are looking forward to exploring South Carolina, then on to Tennessee, North Carolina and beyond. So many good roads here! I’m not very experienced with off road riding, so we are both equal there. My off road experience is with Mountain Bikes, Jeeps and ATVs... so, even I am going slow on the GSA.

Thank you for sharing about your trip. Do you two do any MC camping? We are really wanting to get into that...
  6. jmcarter

jmcarter Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    DMack, Adam’s tip about the BMW performance center is a good one. Even their regular two day school would be good since you’ll see all different skill levels in attendance (there was one guy in the school I attended who had never been on a bike!). Good trip would be starting up at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground north of Greenville and going up the Blue Ridge and staying at the motorcycle campground at the Meadows of Dan.
    Suggest subscripting to Adam’s YouTube channel if you haven’t already.
    DMack_762 likes this.
  7. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    We were supposed to ride down from Jersey and do Skyline and BRP but I found out that they are "Resurfacing" sections of BRP and detouring off sections 30 miles at a time so we nixed that trip for this year. The BRP Facebook page has the most up to date info... Better that the web site.

If you don't do the performance center I highly recommend an MSF rider course. I have been riding for 50 years and gave my wife instruction but there are things that you take for granted as an experienced rider that you fail to communicate to a beginner. My wife took the riders course and on our way home I noticed that she was a much better rider right out of the gate.

We don't do camping... We usually rent a house in the area we want to explore and stay there for a week. The BRP trip were were going to do vagabond and just call ahead for rooms in the morning so we knew we had a place that night.
    DMack_762 likes this.
  8. SW-MOTECH NA

SW-MOTECH NA Proudly distributed by Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    Congrats @JeepRebel on the new 750! That is a GREAT bike, and you're going to love it. We love hearing that the crash bars were an easy fit, and that they are working out well.
    @DMack_762 -- you said you wanted to get case covers. Protection off road is always a good idea. It is hard to tell from pics, but if you don't have a skid plate, make sure you put one on if you're doing any off-road together.

It's really cool to see couples out enjoying this sport together! Ride On you two!

The Red Bull Team of SW Motech NA
    DMack_762 likes this.
  9. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    Thank you @SW-MOTECH NA ... I have the skid plate and engine covers on the way. Also, the full Denali Light / Sound Blaster suite as well. We both really like your products and customer service.

Keep doing what you guys do!

~ Darren and Lisa
    DENALI Electronics likes this.
  10. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    Yes Sir, been a subscriber of @AdamChandler for over a year now. He’s amazing, takes time out of his busy schedule to answer question after question. Heather is also very helpful with my wife Lisa, giving a lady’s perspective.
    DENALI Electronics likes this.
  11. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    I am a MSF Rider Coach, very active with the motorcycle mentor ship program on base. I’ve had every MSF course offered, as well as some professional track day schools. I was a Track Day Coach for years, and did my fair share of club racing. Off road riding is very new to me, especially on a big bike like my GSA. My wife has taken the BRC from MSF, and we are both taking the MSF Advanced Rider Course together, even though I have had it a few times. I am a student of the art, always.

We have found a group in South Carolina, called SCAR (South Carolina Adventure Route). Looking forward to logging some miles with those guys, and completing the loop.

Thank you all for the input and support. My wife gets on here from time to time, but not daily like me... she definitely appreciates the support as well.

Cheers!!!!

Darren and Lisa
  12. ssilliman

ssilliman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine started 2 years ago on a 2007 F800S. she did great! Last October we got her a F750gs and she is an all star! 3500 miles already. Would be more if not for Covid.
    Leaving in July for Colorado 337ss1.jpg 337PC1.jpg hill.jpg

Attached Files:

SnoDrtRider and AdamChandler like this.
  13. RSDA

RSDA 2019 F 750 GS

Oddometer:
    Hey @DMack_762 - I've been thinking about throwing those Motech crash bars on my 750GS. They look clean on the bike.

One issue that has given me pause is the fact that there isn't a strong cross-brace up higher between the two bars (I know there is a smaller one down low). When the bike hits the ground, it seems like pretty much all that energy has to be absorbed by the single bar/mounting points.

Compare to other crash bars with cross-braces...more of a "strong cage" effect. E.g., Outback Motortek, which I'm also considering.

No concern there?
    DMack_762 and AdamChandler like this.
  14. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    I actually thought about that, but I watched the YouTube videos on these bars, and I put her 750 over on it's side, even sat on it. No noticeable flex... now, will it flex if she goes down while riding? I have no idea. I know the bars mount very solidly, and they are very stiff... we shall see. At the time, I needed bars since she was a new rider, and these were the only ones available. So far, so good. I may change them once someone like Altrider comes out with some full cage bars.
    RSDA and AdamChandler like this.
  15. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    we basically have the same plan. first bars will eventually get dinged and damaged and then go AltRider once they're available and they'll live on the bike the rest of its life.
    DMack_762 and RSDA like this.
  16. RSDA

RSDA 2019 F 750 GS

Oddometer:
    Adam, ever look at the Outback Motortek?
  17. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Yep, it’s just not a proven brand in my personal opinion. They’re a new entrant so I just want to see how others find their products before jumping in. Givi, SW-Motech, AltRider, Touratech all have track records.

If they want to send me one on loan, I’d love to install it and test it out on my GS and heathers though. I’m alway up for testing new things and will always pay shipping both ways if vendors are watching! :)
    DMack_762 and RSDA like this.
  18. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    Finally got the CanSmart shipped, been on back order for a while. Installing the D4s, D2s, Soundbomb, and B6 tail light this weekend. Got the pannier racks ordered for the Mosko Moto 35L soft bags... now for a Sargent Saddle and she will be set for a while.
    RSDA and AdamChandler like this.
  19. RSDA

RSDA 2019 F 750 GS

Oddometer:
    Dang it! I had been waiting for that CANsmart forever. I finally gave up last week and went with a gen 1 EZCan from Twisted Throttle.

Oh well. It does the job fine, although obviously not as plug-and-play as the CANsmart (I was connecting Denali DRLs, the B6, and a GPS). No Posi-Taps for me...out came the soldering iron.
  20. DMack_762

Oddometer:
    Well, the wife has just over 1,100 miles on her F750GS so far. Hates the Anakee 3 tires off road, but they are decent on road. So, I opted to slap a pair of Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires on it. I rode it to work today and must say, so far I really like these tires! Have not been off road on them yet, but once my Anakee Adventures wear out on my R1250GSA, I will be putting these on my own bike.

Loving this little 750!

117996002_1093994667664685_7958621672588568656_n.jpg 117903148_1093994730998012_930818311840122427_n.jpg 117864423_1093994684331350_9150863356874752122_n.jpg 117827887_1093996007664551_2093507206371696278_n.jpg 117901292_1093996020997883_2436155922144055644_n.jpg 117889687_1093996060997879_3135831630168973622_n.jpg
    PSYOP SGM and AdamChandler like this.