Wife's 2019 F750GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by DMack_762, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Wrastler

Wrastler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 2019 F750GS and live in SW PA gotta get out to the PA Grand Canyon heard it's awesome. PA does have some great country roads.
  2. Wrastler

Wrastler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really cool you two ride together, no better way to spend time. Your wife's bike is farkled up very nicely. I have a 2019 F750GS and have really enjoyed it. I'd highly recommend the Sargent seat, I have the low version and it's comfortable and nice looking.
    DMack_762 likes this.
  3. ssilliman

ssilliman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I put missions on wifes F750 and my gsa and we really like them. she has a little over 4K and they look like new mine has a little over 5K and they are less than half worn. My anakee adventures never lasted over 3500
  4. DMack_762

DMack_762 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So... F750GS Suspension Question:

Her 2019 F750GS has the standard ESA suspension (not factory low suspension) and she is riding on a Sargent Saddle (low version). Her bike is honestly about 1/2" too tall. She is doing well with it, doing the seat shift / slide to the side when stopping, but it is unnerving for her off road. Or when she has to duck walk it in a parking lot.

She wanted to have me research lowering the suspension a bit.

What is the difference between the factory standard ESA suspension and the lowered suspension? Is this something that can be done by the dealer? Will she lose the ESA portion on her bike?

As is, she's doing fine on it. But, if the bike was a wee bit lower, she'd be so much more confident.

Thanks in advance! Ride safe!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the wife's F700 I raised the fork tubes about 1/2" and softened the rear spring squat about as far as I could. This, along with her low seat and choosing boots with just a bit thicker sole was pretty much enough for her (5'3", 60YO) We ride lots of dirt also. She doesn't let it slow her down at all.
    Don't understand why the manufacturers don't put more effort into lowering seat heights or at least make it optional....or create models that do so. For instance, we discovered the 390 Adventure has a taller seat than the 790 Adventure, sale lost to KTM. What were they thinking?
    I know a pile of people, both genders (Ooops...ALL) who have shyed away from motorbikes for that very reason.
  6. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    The Factory low suspension does not have ESA xo he would lose the ESA using factory parts.
    If it's only 1/2" you are looking for perhaps different tires with a smaller circumference would work?
    I am not sure you can adjust/override the suspension height sensor on the swingarm?
    I know my 850 changes suspension height quite a bit when changing from rider only to rider with luggage and Two up settings as well as road and dynamic perhaps experimenting with the different settings you could also find a suitable height.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  7. Phymly

Phymly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello, I'm a 5'4" (30" inseam) woman with a 2014 F700GS. Previously I had a 2006 F650GS Single with the low suspension. It was actually a bit lower than necessary, dragging the sidestand, etc. So when hubby upgraded to a R1200GS I upgraded to the F700GS with ESA, but decided to get the standard height. I found out fairly quickly that it was a bit taller than I wanted. The only difference between the standard suspension and low seat suspension is the springs (at least on my F700GS). I found a Touratech lowering kit which consisted of fork springs, a rear spring and some fork oil for just under $400. We installed it easily and I'm so much happier. The ESA still works fine as it's still the same shock, only changed the spring.
    I looked on Touratech and found they have a kit for your wife's F750GS, https://touratech-usa.com/store/Touratech-30mm-Lowering-Fork-Shock-Spring-BMW-F750GS
    The only somewhat difficult part of installation is removing the spring from the rear shock. Found info for using a floor jack and 1 tiedown strap on this site, worked great, see photo.

Attached Files: