Wii Riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by HTSRocker, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
  2. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nope, that’s for Happy
  3. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Oh. Happy the sheet I presume... :photog
    Buzztail likes this.
  4. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Might just be great weather for a ride Sunday to see some sights in the ANF.... :ear
    dwrobin likes this.
  5. salty_dog

salty_dog Day trips around TLH, WMAs and South Ga dirt roads

Oddometer:
    Wish I was in town to go. Down in Tampa. Have fun.
    Buzztail likes this.
  6. salty_dog

Oddometer:
    Thought I should resurrect this thread with a quick ride report. With work, civic organizations and helping a very elderly father my time has REALLY been constrained. I did manage to get a short ride in last night. I left Natural Bridge Park, explored immediate area and then proceeded south on Plank to the lighthouse. Sure felt good to leave the other parts of "life" behind for a couple of hours. Made it just in time for sunset. It was short but sweet. A bonus is that I see we have a new State Forest to explore named "Plank Rd State Forest".
    IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1615.JPG IMG_1616.JPG
    Mugwest and Buzztail like this.
  7. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Many times a quick ride and Sunset Inspection is just the shot in the arm ya need to keep on keepin' on! Just don't wheelie over backwards like an inept gazoonie in the process:lol3
    YJake, Buzztail and salty_dog like this.
  8. Paul in N FL

Paul in N FL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread. Visited Panacea this weekend and took the DRZ. Rode around 98/Surf Rd near Silver Lake. Not a whole lot to see, but some fun little trails. On the way back to Jax we toured through Aucilla off 59. Unloaded the bike and had the gf follow in the Jeep. Entered on Grade 17 (I think), rode up Grade 15 to 25, then exited on 26 to get back home before it got too late. Had a blast! and only went into the ditch once :D.

Last time we entered on the NW side at Boundary Rd with just the Jeep, and during some hellacious rain. Drove through some mini-lakes and gumbo and finally exited onto 98 via Powell Hammock. Spotty service and not the most accurate map made for quite the adventure.
    Buzztail likes this.
  9. ropeman@ADV

ropeman@ADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was out in the country this past weekend and noticed that as well. I think it connects to the upper St Marks. Now that I am getting a street bike and the KTM is back on the road I need to ride some more! Somebody send up a flare when they have time to ride and I'll try to join in.
    Buzztail and Paul in N FL like this.
  10. salty_dog

Oddometer:
    Anyone in the Big Bend area want to do a DS ride over the weekend? Any of the forests, WMAs or a loop through the plantation red hills area would be nice.
  11. salty_dog

Oddometer:
    Even though it was hot, I went and took a pretty long ride yesterday. Left from Wacissa and rode the north part of the new plank WMA. Then headed east past thru Wacissa to north end of Aucilla to find a tag. Roads in WMA had been plowed up with some type of machine making it almost impassable. Found tag but decided did not want to to see how far back the plow had gone. Proceeded to Avalon Blvd to see if Ted was home. Made it up to 27 and turned back. Headed back to Wacissa for a break.

Not quite ready to head home I went to the west side of Aucilla to do a full north to south run. The wildlife was out as I saw 2 deer, 4 turkey, 4 snakes, 1 bobcat and a box turtle. Headed back to truck at dusk. Little over a 100mi run.
    IMG_1807.jpg IMG_1808.jpg IMG_1809.jpg
  12. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    I think the flats boat project is about to go over budget.....

88DD9C52-62EA-4BB8-A1DB-93AB33139E51.jpeg
    Dr.Z, Philip Kuntz and sanjoh like this.