1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Dust 2 Dawson 2020 take place?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    Man, this really blows! Was looking forward to my first D2D...hope all isn't lost yet but it's not looking good up here. I think the Border will remain closed into June and I don't believe they will lift the ban on large events in time. Really sucks!
    X-wing fighter likes this.
  2. northernfrontier

northernfrontier Never stop riding Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ll travel if they will let us across the border. Standing by to help in any way I can.
    Kerrizor likes this.
  3. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    And I just got my 2020 copy of The Milepost! But hope springs eternal...
  4. inverted

inverted Berwyn rocks

Oddometer:
    BC looking for more stringent travel regulation, asking for a travel ban to non-essential travelers passing through the province on their way north. they are upset about American residents that are heading back to their property in Alaska after wintering in the lower 48 possibly spreading the coronavirus. they are already pissed off at Alberta residents heading to their BC vacation properties and want the border closed to us as well. I think I'm just going to cancel my plans to head into BC/Yukon/Alaska and figure something else out.
  5. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    We've pushed the cutoff date back to May 6th... Meeting of the big brass this weekend. Stay tuned for more information...:lurk
    Bretta, Beezer, SunshineTom and 3 others like this.
  8. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rec'd this today from Goldrush Campground, Dawson City.......kinda figured, and understand. I won't be meeting you guys in D2D until 2021........
    mark444 in B'ham, Alabama

• To Our Guests

Due to travel restrictions recommended by Health Authorities to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Goldrush Campground in Dawson City has elected to remain closed for the month of May, 2020.

There is a strong possibility that complete containment of the virus may not be immediately accomplished, and we may need to remain closed for the month of June, or longer, as well.

We ask that you check our web site www.goldrushcampground.com regularly, and you will find up to date information on the main page under the heading COVID-19 Statement.

Anyone wishing to cancel their reservations can contact us by email at goldrushcampground@shaw.ca or call us direct at 1-604-467-8858, and there will be no financial penalty for doing so.

We are optimistic that we will be able to open at some point during the season, but we will only do so when Provincial and Territorial Health Authorities advise it is safe to allow tourist travel.
      It is our hope that conditions will return to near normal as soon as possible, and we appreciate that you respect our need to remain closed in the interest of public safety.

Pat & Dianne Brooks
      Goldrush Campground
      Box 198, Dawson City, Yukon Y0B 1G0
      Summer Telephone May 15 to Sept 15
      (P)867-993-5247 (Fax)867-993-6047
      Toll Free (Can only) 1-866-330-5006
      Winter Telephone Sept 30 to April 15
      (P) 604-467-8858 (Fax) 604-467-1225
      E-Mail Goldrushcampground@Shaw.ca
      Web Site www.goldrushcampground.com
  9. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    We had a gathering of the Minds over the weekend... not much in the way of I.Q., but at least 90 proof! The consensus was that with all the uncertainty surrounding border closures, accommodations and such, that this year's 28th Annual Dust to Dawson will not be an official event. What this means is that there will be no Poker Run, Banquet, Biker Games or Posting of the bikes at midnight. Also there will not be T-Shirt sales or swag giveaways...

That being said, IF... the borders are open, Hotels and campgrounds allowed to host visitors, Restaurants, Gift Shops & Visitor Attractions are welcoming guests, and you want to have a Kick-Ass time in a really cool little gold rush town, feel free to go and enjoy Dawson the way we did in the beginning... no hoopla-la, just a cool place to visit and soak up some history. Please remember the small businesses throughout the world, without our support, a lot will not survive this crazy set of circumstances we are going through. Get out and ride when you can and enjoy this ADV world of ours.
    Bretta, Sparticus, AK650 and 8 others like this.
  10. northernfrontier

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good decision. We still plan on going if they borders open. In the meantime lots of Alaska Roads that need exploring.
  11. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good plan. With fewer tourists coming north we have an opportunity to enjoy our northern playground with less people around, which is a lot why we live here, and I echo dapman perhaps a responsibility to financially support those businesses that have supported us so they are still there when this (whatever you want call it) is over. see you in Dawson.
    ride on
    Sparticus, AK650, AKDuc and 3 others like this.
  12. Kerrizor

Kerrizor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Without over complicating things, I'd love to be able to donate a few $ to the charities that are usually supported.. any interest in spinning up a GoFundMe or something?
    Bretta, simestd and northernfrontier like this.
  13. northernfrontier

Oddometer:
  14. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Isn’t June 21 on or around 1st Nation or Indigenous Peoples Day? Probably not a good idea to bring the virus into the native peoples villages.
  15. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm OK, I'm an elder!
  16. wwace

wwace Adventurer

Oddometer:
    summer solstice, both the longest time of possible sunlight and 24 hours of daylight at that latitude on 21 June
  17. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, June 21 is Indigenous Peoples Day in Canada.
    AKDuc likes this.
  18. The Hov

The Hov Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's starting to look like maybe this thread should be renamed Will Dust 2 Dawson 2021 Take Place
  19. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, I agree. The virus pushed all my 2020 D2D plans (10 years in the making) out the door into the cold.........I'm hoping things will simmer down after Jan 2021. Off topic: curious to see what happens after the Sturgis Rally this week.........willing to bet 90% of those attendees did not take ANY Covid precautions during the rally. At least that is what the pics depict that I have seen. And most of those attendees ain't spring chicks.........
    AKDuc likes this.
  20. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well after cancelling my Trans-Canadian plans for this summer, I was hoping to make it to D2D in 2021. But now two friends have rescheduled their weddings for weekends next June and my nephew just set his wedding date for July 3rd, so I'm not making it there next year either. Hope I'm still in shape to ride in 2022!

As for Sturgis, I'm betting they all believe that beer is an effective/adequate antiseptic.