Will these light mounts work on F700GS (meant for 800)

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by mosey.levy, Mar 21, 2015.

1. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    From twisted throttle (great guys)

"We have not tested it on an F700 however when I look at the parts fiche I see that everything seems to line up.
    If you wanted to try it I would be willing to take them back if they do not fit.
    Please save this email for reference if you decide to do so #xxxxx as our policy normally does not allow installed parts to be returned.
    Cheers,
    and let me know how you make out, or what you decide. "
  3. nvklr

nvklr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  4. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent Stay weird, or you'll be normal like everyone else

Oddometer:
    Funny this question comes up today. I was just meeting up with another inmate this afternoon to check out some farkles on his F700. I have the BMW mounts on a '13 F800GS with Denali D2s installed.
    From what I could see the chassis is the same, however the plastic faring wraps in tighter than on the F8 meaning that the end of the arm would be restricted. We didn't take measurements, so nothing is for sure.
    As an aside, we also noticed that the radiator is smaller, which allows for narrower plastics. Strange given its the same engine.
    I'd recommend taking up that Twisted Throttle offer. That's the best way to know for sure.
  5. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    The explanation for the larger radiator on the F800GS that I read somewhere is that it was anticipated that it would be more likely to be used in sustained low speed off road situations than the F650/700GS and thus needed the extra cooling capacity.

Mike
  6. JRP

JRP Old guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is where I put them on my F650..same as the F 700

[​IMG]
  7. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yah I was thinking about that placement. If I can't get it to work by the radiator then that's my next goto spot.
  8. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those lights up that high no one can see your blinkers. That light is to intense for oncoming traffic to see the blinkers. Imo
  9. Excite-Bike

Excite-Bike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So did you try it? Did they work?
  10. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
  11. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got them to work by reversing them. So they work now but when you turn full lock a piece of plastic shrowd bumps over the mount each time making a plastic noise. Not ideal but it works and I like where they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    Any chance you took some pictures to show what they look like? Preferably with the lights off

Zee

2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
    2015 BMW F700GS
  13. gtiguy

gtiguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got you Zee,
    I believed I flipped my as well. With my large light I wanted to use here I needed to move the light back so it would clear the forks range of motion. I made a tab to move it back 2 inches. These keep the lights inside and protected from wind drag & keeps a factory appearance. I did have to trim the plastic, its kinda shotty but it works, clears, and I just left it like that. ha.
    hope this helps :)
    cheers. gtiguy

Attached Files:

Evo35 likes this.
  14. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    Thanks. What's the size of those lights. In diameter I mean. I'm planning to use these as a friend has them on his gs1200 and says he was super surprised with how well they perform for the price. Cant figure out the first picture :(

Nilight Led Light Bar 2PCS 18w 4" Flood Driving Fog Light Off Road Lights Boat Lights driving lights Led Work Light SUV Jeep Lamp,2 years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IY3YLCI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_a6fhzbMJSSE7T

Here's a better picture to give you comparable dimensions. I really don't wanna cut or shave any of the plastics.

[​IMG]

LASTLY ANY CHANCE YOU REMEMBER THE SIZE OF THE BOLT THAT FITS THE BRACKET TO HOLD THE LIGHT. I KNOW THIS LIGHT TAKES 5/16" or an 8MM BOLT AND MOST BRACKETS OR CLAMPS TAKE 10mm BOLTS.

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS
    Evo35 likes this.
  15. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    This is the place I was thinking I could add maybe some 20 x 60mm L - brackets so the lights are not too close to the radiator. I'll have to figure out a way that the bracket don't slip out sideways from the C shaped are I'm planning to bolt it to.

Is this actually where the radiator guard clamps on?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS