Wind screen for my new 700GS.

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by marty hill, Sep 9, 2015.

1. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the Wunderlich Ergo Windscreen and it works very well. I'm 5' 9" and can see easily over it....as I will not look through a windscreen to view the road. No buffeting at all.
    Cons: doesn't fold down for off-road work, which would be nice because I hate looking through it. Gets pretty hot behind a windscreen on a warm day, guess I need a lighter jacket:)
    I've attached the drawing that came with it: upload_2017-3-9_14-23-4.png
  2. Kylerbry

Kylerbry BMW F700 GS | 1st Bike ever

Oddometer:
    That's extremely helpful Shuswap because to be quite honest, i've never considered the fact that with a Windshield you would have no Air in a particular pocket of space therefore making it HOTTER- I live in TEXAS Dallas Texas so it's extremely hot here - i can't stand it, wish i lived in Oregon or seattle or maine even.
  3. Kylerbry

Kylerbry BMW F700 GS | 1st Bike ever

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian - I was having a hard time doing this as i could not get my bike on the center stand to begin w/ however, i was able to look up Youtube video's and now i've got it down packed. I was able to check my oil and i've got plenty of oil in her so were good in that department thanks!
    ChicoProf likes this.
  4. stilrolz

stilrolz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had I just kept reading this thread I would have seen this. Thanks for answering my direct question ChicoProf.
  5. stilrolz

stilrolz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ride the F800GS (non-GSA) which is similar enough to the F700GS I’ll add my two cents. My mileage is predominantly highway commuting, small highway weekend rides, and <5% gravel/trail/off-road. I started a few years back with no BMW specific tools, but have been adding to my collection for both garage work and my road tool-kit. I do all my own oil changes and buy my crush washer from the dealer.

1st set of tires: Pirelli Scorpions : 8,900 miles (original BMW equipped) - As I recall from the rear tire condition, I probably should have swapped them earlier.

2nd set of tires: Michelin Anakee 3 : 10,100 miles (so far, looks like I can get another few hundred miles). I had my local BMW dealer install these. Painless and no real effort on my part other than riding to the shop.

3rd set of tires: Shinko 705’s (TBD) - The Shinko’s are so inexpensive compared to both the previous tires that I’m going to try them for fun.

I’ve been building up my road repair kit over time including tire irons, valve stem tools, tubes, pump, etc. so before I take any really long trips, I’d like to be 100% positive I can pull the tires and replace them at least once. For this tire change I’ll buy a wheel balancer and weights as well.
  6. stilrolz

stilrolz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just added the smoke Puig to the new F700GS in the family. Looks great , but weather hadn't allowed any test rides. Not the best picture with garage clutter, but ok.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Korean Super not-an-iPhone