Window Rock Trail, Baja

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by jonz, Feb 1, 2018.

1. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I thought there was already a file here but I couldn't find it so here is the one I have. This includes the eastern half from La Gringa which I haven't ridden completely in 5 years. I have ridden maybe half of it to where you descend to the wash that leads to the beach on that section. It used to be a sand wash but I've heard it's a rock wash now due to the last hurricane a couple years ago. This is not a trail for the unprepared - we almost left a broken moto out there as there was no way to get it out without a helicopter but luckily we got it moving. Also, unless you ride like the Oso Loco gang, I wouldn't recommend a big bike. I could have probably done it on my 950SE but it's a lot more fun on my 400 XCW

Attached Files:

2. Moto Vaquero

Moto Vaquero Trail less traveled

Oddometer:
    Thanks jonz, that Eastern part is just what I was looking for. I haven't been through there in a dozen years and it sounds like it has changed quite a bit from hurricane Odile a few years ago.
  3. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    We rode that Dec 2016. Definitely not big bike friendly. According to my gps track 7 hours from BoLA to Hwy 1. 3.5 hours was moving, the balance was goofing off, rest stops and we did waste a bunch of time trying to reconnect when our group got spilt in two.

You certainly don't want to have a major injury or mechanical out there.

Has anyone been through No Wimps this season?
  4. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Define "this season." Rode it last February with inmate rnrdozer and a few others. He's riding it again this year. Last year was enough for me. I have a few other rides to check off before I repeat that one. Beautiful area if only there was a little water so you could camp half way. Or you had a still to make fresh water from salt water.
  5. Quij95

Quij95 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rode it last October. I think it starts at Coco's corner. We chased away wild horses that were in the shade at the rock. I remember looking down at my foot in a tight left hand turn to see a rattlesnake trying to strike my foot.. Last two to three hours were in dark. Nothing soft about that place.