Windscreen Help | F700gs 13'

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Kylerbry, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Kylerbry

Kylerbry BMW F700 GS | 1st Bike ever

Oddometer:
    IMG_9797.JPG so I'm in the market for a new Windscreen, I'm finding it's extremely difficult to ride @ highway speeds with the very small factory screen I'm currently running. So much so that I avoid highway at all costs, not because I want too, I can't wait until the day I'm able to cruise at 70-80mph down 1-20 / 1-30 / 1-45 . It's because the wind is killing me , literally feels like someone's trying to rip my helmet off and the pressure on my arms I'm exhausted becore I hit 10miles.

Please give me suggestions - top 10 screens in your opinion

From least to greatest

Joey
  2. __C__B

__C__B Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kylerbry likes this.
  3. Rudolph F700GS

Rudolph F700GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 20" Madstad aftermarket screen (adjustable height and rake) and I like it. I might remove it for summer riding because I like the clean air when it's hot outside.
    You might want to try a new helmet. I've been up to about 80 mph with the stock screen and never felt like my helmet was being pulled off. I have a Nolan N86.
    dasbus and Kylerbry like this.
  4. stilrolz

stilrolz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been combing through options for an F700GS a family member is considering. I'm likely to pull the trigger on a Puig Touring Screen. It's low on the cost side and that represents relatively low risk. Reviews I've read are pretty good except for some comments that it might not be your best long distance touring shield. I'm sure there are better, but for double the price they'd better be. For the first year (or longer), I'm sure this will do the job.
  5. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
  6. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    Ps. I have a few screen options and spoilers for sale in the classifieds.

Zee

2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
    2015 BMW F700GS
  7. __C__B

__C__B Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Zee can you send me some links for your screens you have for sale, or message me?
  8. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    morf likes this.
  9. fozrunner

fozrunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I put on a Givi Aeroflow, for me it works very well. I'd also put on hand guards (barkbusters) and perhaps a bash plate. The handguards work well to keep your hands warm in the rain, although it's probably a lot warmer in Texas than it is up here!
  10. Rudolph F700GS

Oddometer:
    __C__B likes this.
  11. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    Not really cause I've sold most of them back on the forum. I still have a few for sale though. Plus I get to share my experiences and save all the others some expenses

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS
  12. Rudolph F700GS

Oddometer:
    Understood! I sold a bunch of aftermarket parts from my 650GS in the flea market and returned about 50 cents on the dollar. By the way, I meant to tell you I really like the luggage rails you sold me. I haven't used them with my saddlebags yet but they fit nicely and should provide some valuable scratch protection if she ever goes horizontal. A lot of the bag racks are way too bulky - these are just right. Have a great weekend!
    zero war likes this.
  13. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    Glad you liked them. With selling stuff it's just the shipping that's a pain

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS
  14. hdclassic4466

hdclassic4466 hdclassic4466

Oddometer:
    Try a setup like this, you will be happy. No buffeting at 80mph on the highway. $45 spoiler added. Makes the world of difference. It's mounted to a Touratech Windscreen.

F800gs with shield.jpg
  15. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    Which spoiler is that?

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS
  16. hdclassic4466

hdclassic4466 hdclassic4466

Oddometer:
    It's a generic off of EBay, $45 free shipping. It's from Russia, took about 2 months to get but very good quality and the guy had excellent communication. I'm very happy with it. Just type in BMW spoiler in EBay.
  17. zero war

zero war Zee

Oddometer:
    Any chance you still have a link for that product?

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS
  18. Kylerbry

Oddometer:
    Ran into a biker the other day running a madstad , he loves it. He was on a KTM Duke 650. Looked solid to me... There's so many different screens and I'm getting a little frustrated as i get filled with anxiety about not choosing the right one. I'm looking for a screen that is going to give me the least amount of buffering. I've read a couple of articles where guys are saying the shorter the screen the better just throw an XCREEN ON it and thats what makes the difference, then others are saying the wider the coverage the better so I'm just like WAAH WAH WHAT??
    Rudolph F700GS likes this.
  19. Kylerbry

Oddometer:
    HD - can you post a picture with you sitting on the bike, i'd like to see how far up the screen comes to your face or chin. Im actually liking this set up. How does that spoiler work? Are you supposed to run it Straight up and down like that, i always thought an angle would be the way it would work, obviously this is just my imagination as i've never used one or seen one used to i'm just asking.
  20. Kylerbry

Oddometer:
    Zee - Found the link you were asking about - http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-1100-GS...ash=item2120bf488e:g:HIEAAOSwdzVXl03z&vxp=mtr
    Were you asking about the spoiler because you feel its lower quality or because you noticed something about it? Im just asking because i'd like to know what you were thinking. Again I'm trying to purchase something and because I'm single father of 3 my budget is extremely tight so me choosing something is like ... I GOTTA PICK THE RIGHT THING OR IM DEAD!! lol, not really but i do try to choose very carefully because every dime counts