windscreen nut / clip for 2014 F800 GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by 93DR350, Feb 24, 2019.

1. 93DR350

93DR350 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a part number for one of these? (see photo)

'14 f800 gsa

I have the nut, but the clip that holds it to the bracket was missing when I took the wind screen off today. (note: photo shows the 'complete' one) if it comes as a complete assembly (nut and clip) thats fine.

while here, I guess I'll need the number for the rubber grommets for the windscreen, while I have it off, might as well replace 'em.

I'm looking to have a list to give to the dealer when I call 'em on Tuesday, as they're closed till then and I want to try and speed things up, if at all possible. thanks

Attached Files:

2. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Go here: https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=55686&rnd=07242017
    Then click on the link 46 Frame, Fairing, Cases. Find the picture in the lower left for the windshield. Click on it. Find the parts on the drawing and you find the part numbers.
    On-line fiche has gotten very complete and good.

Looks to be an M5 thread. You could go to a local Ace or True Value and buy a 10-32 rubber well nut. For future reference, M5x0.8mm pitch is virtually identical to a 10-32 SAE thread.
    [​IMG]
    Well nuts do come in different outer diameters and lengths, so you would have to find ones that fit the hole in the bracket.
    93DR350 likes this.
  3. 93DR350

93DR350 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    awesome. I thought I had seen something like this before..

I appreciate the help!
  4. 93DR350

93DR350 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adding.. I just need the clip that holds the 'nut' in place... I have the nut.

looks like it comes as an 'assembly'.. no worries...

...but it looks like my windscreen fasteners were backwards?

The flange/sleeve is on the 'outside' when I removed the windscreen, and the diagram shows them on the 'inside'. interesting
  5. Pilotuh1b

Pilotuh1b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I know what you’re talking about, the well but should push through from the outside before the screen goes on. So maybe they show it on the inside of the screen for the picture. But it should go: mount hole-well nut (from outside)-screen-plastic washer-screw.

The lip/flange on the well nut should be between the mount and the screen.
  6. malloy

malloy Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. malloy

malloy Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    In my recent experience, come to find out that a 10-32 bolt will work with a 5mm well nut but a 5mm bolt will not work with a 10-32 well nut.

Also, Amazon shows metric well nuts for Japanese motorcycles fitting a 3/8" hole. Might be just the thing I need for my odd ball set up.