Windscreen Question

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by shuston, Nov 30, 2010.

1. shuston

shuston Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a V Stream? I just ordered a medium. I think that should be a decent height to get rid of the buffeting on my chest and head. The medium stands 18" and stock windscreen is 12" I believe.

Also, I have read two different installation notes. One states that no extra parts are necessary, and one states the I will need the 2" mirror extenders. Anyone install one of these yet? Your experience?

Thanks!
  2. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had the 18" and traded up to a 20" and yes, without the extenders your mirrors will hit the screen.
  3. shuston

shuston Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bummer. Okay, thanks for that. Will place the order for the extenders.

May I ask how tall are you, and how did the 18" work given your height?
  4. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    I cannot speak to your specific application, but I just orderd one for my motorcycle. Because of my needs I was tossed between the standard height and tall. So I spoke with a fellow at Ztechnik who advised me to get the standard. His reasoning was, the design of their shields is what makes it effective in managing the wind. Also the standard is slightly larger than stock. He went on to say the tall shield is huge. I am not expected to receive mine until Monday (12/6) so I have not been able to prove or disprove his advice, but it makes sense the design can have a huge impact on wind management.