Windscreen suggestsions for: F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Bashkim, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Bashkim

Bashkim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    As some of you know, I bought my F800GS a few months ago and a month ago I started to ride it (was doing the driving license in Germany too).

The issue is that when I must go on the highway, it's literally a pain :( A lotttt of wind and noise, the bike gets unstable (I'm a big guy), and I get tired pushing all the time. I really need a windscreen, but I could use all the tips I can get since I'm a total noob at this. I'm around 185cm (a bit over 6ft).

I red some people say the size of the windscreen doesn't matter, some say it does.. I'm lost :(
    And I really don't have the time and money to start testing all the options (the riding season here is not that long)...
  2. morfic

morfic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's plenty of good notes on screens already, so I'll just add some food for thought.

It seemed I cured my problem of almost wobbling with one combination of screen and add on at that particular angle on way to work.
    Then on way home the "buffeting" was back, perplexed at first, my neck flap tapping my helmet woke me up to the fact I had my jacket open.

Clothing and how it's worn makes part of the equation unless you ride behind a barn door to sit in a complete bubble of calm air.

But if you want a good screen, the screen I like a lot is ZTechnik VStream, I have added the MRA X-Creen Sport to it for a little more lift of the air above me, the main screen leads the air mostly around you not above you, as I chose the lowest F800GS screen for my 700 it's the best choice for me as the X-Creen keeps the overall height down while calming the air just a little more.
  3. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've tried a few until I pick up the mirage 2. Works great and has a little dash space to install USB outlets, switches and a gps. A bit pricier than just a plastic screen, but well worth it to me.
  4. Pilotuh1b

Pilotuh1b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Touratech touring screen has worked well for me.
  5. csw1742

csw1742 Black Diamonds Supporter

Oddometer:
    X2 for the Mirage 2 for all the same reasons as @dpike stated.
  6. Rider 101

Rider 101 Time poor

Oddometer:
  7. ROMAD

ROMAD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the Moose +2" screen. Much improved over stock and still puts some smooth cooling air on my collar bones. I started with the +4 and liked it a lot but it took too much wind off me and I was getting too hot in the Texas summer. If hot temps aren't an issue for you then you would probably like the +4

Great screen for like $70

Edit - I had one of those TT clamp on extension things posted above and for me (5'11") the Moose screen works way better than the stock screen with the TT clip on.
  8. Bashkim

Bashkim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot guys.. pls keep the suggestions coming. I really appreciate them, never heard of most brands you posted here, it's very good to learn about them and have more options!
  9. Shakey23

Shakey23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. praxela

praxela n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll second the Moose +4". I'm 189cm and it is a vast improvement over the stock. For $70 you really can't go wrong.
  11. dasbus

dasbus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a Madstad on my F7GS. I really like it. It's adjustable for height and angle. IMG_20190703_131431499_HDR.jpg
  12. SK_in_AB

SK_in_AB LOOKin to GS

Oddometer:
    I have a givi airflow. Adds some width at the base compared to stock. But the real bonus is the 5” of height adjustment. I ride an f700 with it fully up. When going off pavement and standing I can flip the levers and lower it so it’s not close to my face.

Well priced at C$180 and easy to install

https://fortnine.ca/en/givi-airflow-windshield-clear-af3112
    ScotsFire likes this.
  13. BigBrian

BigBrian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the Aeroflow windscreen and at 6'7 I get almost no wind buffeting.

Attached Files:

14. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    I've never been disappointed in the construction or performance of an Aeroflow windscreen.
  15. BigBrian

Oddometer:
    No one has, they're amazing!
  16. IAJeff

IAJeff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had any issues with the handguards/barkbusters clearing the Aeroflow windscreen??
  17. BigBrian

Oddometer:
    Mine clear without issue
  18. IAJeff

IAJeff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Brian, Am trying to decide between the Aeroflow or the Madstad? Am not liking the blacked out dash of the Madstad, but am assuming it has much more adjustment options? The Aeroflow looks much wider offering more body protection from the wind?
  19. BigBrian

Oddometer:
    Cant go wrong with the Aeroflow, it definitely blocks more wind.
  20. NCD

NCD Dirty Hairy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another vote here for the Mirage 2. Why decide and experiment with what is best when you can just make a long range of adjustments with one product? Low when you want it, tall as hell for long highway trips. And everything in between. 40,000 miles on mine and don't know what I did without it. 6'2" by the way.