Winom Frazier OHV Camp and Ride June 10 to 13, 2021

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by El Pacifico, Jun 5, 2021.

1. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    That table could have been the main event for the whole trip. If it wasn't 5 miles down the roughest road away from the nearest trail, we could camp there next time
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is no place for napping!
    [​IMG]

This is much better
    [​IMG]

Next up on Northwest Name That Location: Where is this chipmunk enjoying a tasty Dorito?
    [​IMG]
    a_ron, El Pacifico and matloik like this.
  2. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got my Desolation elk tag, so I'm in for another trip maybe early to mid August, like the weekends of the 7th or 14th. Hopefully will follow through on the whole "Go hiking after dirt biking" instead of just dirt biking for another couple of days this time.
    Going to want to camp near water. Either the Big Creek dispersed site, or Big Creek CG, or bite the bullet and go to Oriental Creek CG down on the John Day.
    Probably out for a September trip. Probably in if you guys do an October trip instead though.
  3. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut Flatulent Supporter

Oddometer:
    Back in the late 70's into the 80's we camped at Oriental Creek at least once a year. It was an awesome spot. We spent a night there in 2001 while on the OBCDR Rt5ish. The river moved away from the campground and the place was pretty rough.

Prior to the Wilderness being created there were a ton of great trails out of there. Tons of mining history and cabins. Even some deluxe bridges on the trails to keep you from getting your feet wet. It was a real blow when it was designated Wilderness. At that time Wilderness was considered areas that were untouched or modified by man. This area was heavily Modified. We fought, We lost and we got kicked out. Winom Frazier was created to "make up" for what we lost.
    BobcatSig likes this.