Winter Ride Pics

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Panic, Jan 30, 2005.

1. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    So a lawyer on the side of a case needs to learn that we ain't giving a goddamn inch and I get stuck at work because in the interest of fair play I want his client to a hearing as quickly as possible. Paying hardball is one thing, being unfair is for pussies.

My 10:30 am planned departure for Chaingolia is seriously delayed.

This means I am stuck at work until about 5 and do not get out of town until about 8.

Whatever, I am headed for the farm and all is well. We have freakishly warm weather and all is looking well. A fresh cooler of road beers and my road dog is willing to drive the whole way.
    We get to the farm about midnight set camp in the dark and head to the bonfire (Chain does not fuck around he cut down an entire tree for this weekend) see some old friends and make some new one.

[​IMG]

(photo cribbed from mcd)

Chain, McD, Panic, Skeeter, The Goat, the original gangster and no longer crippled and the reason for the winter ride in the first place Motojoe (who again used a boot for a pillow), my ALCAN brother Pilot.

Some new brothers in arms, 12Bridn, Cauldron, (their KLR 250's became stars of the show, but more on that later), a buddy of Moto's, and others I am sure I am forgetting and I am sorry. I gotta write this in bits and pieces at work.

Catching up from the spring ride, talking about great the winter ride is gonna be and how we caught a real break with this weather and no slippery stuff on the ground.

[​IMG]
    (also stolen from McD)

It only takes a few minutes around the fire with these guys to be really glad I am surrounded by a group like this. I get to hear a little about Moto's trip to Mexico and Guatemala, catch up with Panic.

Excellent hooch is getting passed around so I take my place in the tribal circle around the fire. Tequila that was smoother than a Chip Foose paint job, at least two kinds of whiskey old enough to vote, and everyone making sure you got try it instead of holding the good stuff out for themselves. Not a whisky bogart to be found just damn fine men sharing damn fine hooch and stories looking foraward to a ride in the morning.

Talk a little smack about them that didn't show, carefully ingnoring the fact that nearly every one of us trucked in to this ride. Cauldron rode in on his 250, that made him the long distance winner for this ride at about 40 miles. Do not take this accomplishement lightly though, cause in a minute you'll understand how big a pair that had to take.

More later gotta work.

Day 2 held big surprises, good and bad
  2. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    so I tuck myself in around 5 am thoroughly soused and looking foward to a dat of riding in poor but not imposible conditions.

around 6:30 and the little mutineer needs to go out for a walk (ok very little, who the fuck told you?).

sure seems alot fucking colder than it was last night.

I have one of those bitching little propane powered catlytic heaters in my tent.

I figure it good for at least an extra ten degrees inside the tent. and I still cold as as get out if some much as a fingertip peeks out from the snuggly sleeping bag heat a really fat bastard can generate.

So what is the temp in my tent?

[​IMG]
    well that sucks.

I wonder if can hold it until spring?

Nope, little mutt needs to take a walk RIGHTFUCKINGNOW!!!!

Salvation. A half full gatorade bottle.Wait, I probably have more than half a bottle of piss screaming to be free. So I do the math for a time speed distance section of hte piss rally.

is there enough room in my body? Can I drink the rest of the gatorade to make room for a health beer piss before actually drinking the gatorade make me piss my shorts?

I can do that much math early in the morning so I muster the courage to go out int hte cold, at least then I can check the riding conditions. I never even took the bike off hte truck last night (that is right you heard me truck, so what?)

as I stomp outside to walk the lizard here is the days next big surpise

[​IMG]

not exacatly optimum riding conditions. So I take a four minunte piss and crawl back into my warm, realtively speaking tent and curl back up for a couple of hours.

Finally get up inthe monring and take a look at the bikes

[​IMG]

snoa everywhere. I mean fluffly flake slippery as a wesson oil fuck snow on the ground.

A clever man would leave the bikes on the truck.

Everyone pitched in and help me be less than clever.

[​IMG]
  3. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
    I'm here, just got back in. Got really, seeing double, head nodding tired and crashed at my folk's place 45miles short. Sorry for bustin out of the cafe like that, I suddenly realized I was pressed for time.

Pics will be up shortly. I still haven't been home. Anyone who needs help hosting pics PM me.

Thanks to all again for the great time, and Pilot especially, for helping me with my GP style start from the cafe :lol3
  4. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    glad you are good to go.

I think you aere the last check in so it looksl ike a successful evolution

dave
  5. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    No web access at the folks, and loose ends at work from thursday became knots on monday.

Can't wait till spring :nod
  6. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Looks like you guys had a great time. With the snow and cold, I'm sure you won't soon forget this one. :thumb
  7. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Cold? Between booze, pepperoni soup, coffee, and huge fire, who was cold?

8. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Maybe I should rephrase that to "Laughing at the cold and snow".:nod
  9. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    hey twelve bridin it was great to meet you, i hope you got some pics of duncan running around.. :thumb
  10. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    damn, looks like some fun was had for sure.. sorry, i was chillin down here in 50 degree weather most of the weekend. :p .. i have to admit i am a bit jelous, i want to screw a tire or two sometime.. kickass pics too !
  11. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    I think your your brother maxed out on miles for everyone present.

Rode to breakfast when the weather was truly shit.

you freeman boys do not fuck around. :thumb

see you at the spring ride
  12. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    Even though I spent the weekend skiing and snowshoe-ing in over two feet of fresh powder at Wolf Creek, staying the night in a riverside cabin*, keeping cozy and warm with a wood-burning fireplace and a bottle of Bushmill's......I looked at your pics this morning with utter jealousy.

I may be living in Denver, but I'm "Chaingolian 'till I die" --

Looks like you guys had a blast.....nice work --

Now get the fuck out here !!

*well....it wasn't quite a cabin, it was more of a "trabin" -- a trailer nestled riverside with wood siding and made to look like a cabin.
  13. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    twelve bridin :bluduh :lol3

Good ta meet you too, goat. It takes a hearty soul to attempt that hill with an 1150. I am waiting for McD and Vstromrunner's pics, I think they have some of Duncan.

Anyone talk to Eatatjoes? :ear
  14. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    So, Mutt says, "Who wants to freeze their nuts off and fall alot?"

Oooh, I do, I do!

I left early friday to pickup bikes and my dog Duncan, with snow still on the roads in the countryside.
    [​IMG]

Bikes loaded and ready to go. Always bring a spare.
    [​IMG]

Sleepy navigator
    [​IMG]

When I arrive around 4, these two are shootin and got a fire going. I'm gonna have fun, I can tell already. Skeeter and McD
    [​IMG]

McD, Pilot, Cauldron
    [​IMG]
  15. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Chain, sippin the good stuff.
    [​IMG]

What's yer dog's name?
    Duncan
    What's yer dog's name?
    Duncan
    What's yer dog's name?
    Duncan

Jacob
    [​IMG]

Kid takes a good pic
    Me
    [​IMG]

After this, things get fuzzy. Just like Jomamma, the topics got political, and after 12many cold beers and some homemade wine I decided to crash.

I wake up to this. Uh oh.
    [​IMG]

My bike is not happy. Later she laid on the ground and played dead in protest.
    [​IMG]
  16. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    So I see this guy cussin up a storm as his GS slides sideways acroos the field at a precarious angle. Being the helpful guy I am, I take a pic
    [​IMG]

I can't resist.

As I walk down to help him right the bike, I say, "You must be Dave?"

He replies, "And you must be fuck you!"

Yep, that's mutt.

These are good people. Whenever anyone had a problem, everyone used their collective energy to solve it. Vstromrunner helping change a tube for the noob.
    [​IMG]

Knobs were the order of the day
    [​IMG]

MotoJoe ain't skeered
    [​IMG]

Annie showed up and had this to say
    [​IMG]

For her first time offroad, she did damn good, as did MJ's friend Chris, who needs to sign up here ASAP.
  17. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice pics and reporting boys and girl
    Hiya Phil and Fist, As Im sure you can see, you missed a fine meeting of the minds, have no worries and rest, safely assured that all the worlds problems were solved by the fires light... only we forgot to record them... and so it goes, we must meet again. Which will happen in the Spring I am certain, when we roll into Ipava behind the gravel curtain. ok thats enough, I'll give you a break for the winter ride :lol3
  18. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    what's your dog's name? :lol3
  19. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Day faded to night and the hooch came out. Ta kill ya, home brew cordial and whisky made the rounds. I took a lot of pics but in the haze I screwed up the cam and most didn't turn out.

Mutt and Pilot, Lobo (woof woof) in the front
    [​IMG]

To those who didn't show, a friendly
    [​IMG]
    or for the anacronymically challenged
    [​IMG]
    :lol3

white man's fire
    [​IMG]

Sleep outside in 20 degree weather with no tent and a dog will automatically relate to ya
    [​IMG]
    Please note the boot for a pilla. Consistency at it's finest.
  20. 12bridn

Oddometer: